Week five - 11kg down, 15kg to go. (pics)

2»

Replies

• jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    @tschlach well done on your own weight loss. You are doing an amazing job keep it up. Small goals works for me. That's my secret. Just realised I have 13kg to go now not 15kg. Slow and steady wins the race fast and furious sees last place. Btw that's one cutie pie in the picwith you.
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Love the pics! Great job.
  • jorinya
    Love the pics! Great job.

@JMarcella57 , thank you very much!! Your pic is fab too. You look so happy!!
  • tschlach
    tschlach Posts: 33 Member
    jorinya wrote: »
    @tschlach well done on your own weight loss. You are doing an amazing job keep it up. Small goals works for me. That's my secret. Just realised I have 13kg to go now not 15kg. Slow and steady wins the race fast and furious sees last place. Btw that's one cutie pie in the picwith you.

Thank you. That is my grandson. Yes I did say grandson. It's funny because whenever we are out peep people refer to him as my son.
    Thanks for the encouragement.
  • jorinya
    @chesnity3 Thanks,sorry I only saw your comment now. My bad. Forgive me!!!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Nice work!
  • jorinya
    @Liftng4Lis, thank you very much!!
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Hi ya

You should give your self a big big big pat on the back. Well done espeacially with a big family. I have two kids and im finding it difficult to find time or the motivation. Also if you wouldn't mind me saying: your face expression and body posture is so different from week 1 compared with week 5. You look brighter and more confident. Absoloutely fantastic!!!

I need to lose a lot of weight after having two kids so close to each other. They're both under the age of 2 my younger one is now six months and has stopped brest feeding so now i've decided to do something about my weight.. My goal seems unatainable right now but your story has given me sime motivation.

Thanks for sharing
  • jorinya
    fidangul wrote: »
    Hi ya

You should give your self a big big big pat on the back. Well done espeacially with a big family. I have two kids and im finding it difficult to find time or the motivation. Also if you wouldn't mind me saying: your face expression and body posture is so different from week 1 compared with week 5. You look brighter and more confident. Absoloutely fantastic!!!

I need to lose a lot of weight after having two kids so close to each other. They're both under the age of 2 my younger one is now six months and has stopped brest feeding so now i've decided to do something about my weight.. My goal seems unatainable right now but your story has given me sime motivation.

Thanks for sharing

@fidangul, thank you so much, I had my first son when I was 21, 10 days before my 22nd birthday which was 2002, got pregnant December 2002 and had my second son September 2003. If you say pics of me then with my big tummy you would still think I was pregnant, lol. Both were c-sections. Had my third son February 2007 and a miscarriage 2009. Was blessed with my daughter in 2012, no that was a difficult pregnancy and harder to recover from. Those two births were c-sections as well. I remember having her 22 March and asking to leave the hospital on 25 March, my dad's birthday. Nice birthday prezzie!!! Got home, showered, sat talking to my mum and then said I wanted to go for a walk. So off we went up a little hill to her friends house who has returned home after a hip replacement surgery. The two of us looked so funny. Went home. Next day went down to the lake on my own for a long walk, with my daughter and my dog Pepsi (he died in March this year). Its all downhill so coming back its all uphill. I did it. Got warned my the health nurse but didn't listen and lost tons of weight walking and breastfeeding. After I stopped, bang, here come the pounds or as they say here, the kilos.
    Thanks for spotting the difference, I am happier and have become more friendly, if that is possible cos us Irish are a friendly bunch!!
    Take things easy, it took 9 months to gain the baby weight, it will take more than 9 months to lose it. Set small goals for yourself that you can reach and believe me you will see results that you will love too. If you need any advise, encouragement, support or inspiration I am always here for you and that goes for anyone else that needs help and support!! Oh before we forget, please find some time for you to take "Me Time", us mums have to take care of ourselves first because if we are not sound who will take care about the kids, husband and home? Our husbands? Just look at them when they get Man flu, lol. No offense meant to any man who reads this but you know women rule, lol.
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Hopefully i will get to a stage where i do not hide from cameras and take full length pictures. You're right, family does come first also i want to be a good role-model for my kids as i want them to be fit and healthy so unless i'm gonna be a hypocrite i need to actively (mind the pun) do something myself.... Or at least try
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Girl...u r FABULOUS!
  • jorinya
    fidangul wrote: »
    Hopefully i will get to a stage where i do not hide from cameras and take full length pictures. You're right, family does come first also i want to be a good role-model for my kids as i want them to be fit and healthy so unless i'm gonna be a hypocrite i need to actively (mind the pun) do something myself.... Or at least try

I used to hide SO badly, I'd even take photos of my family without me in them. As for the pics I used for Week 1 and 2-3, I had no choice, there the pics I was made take by my consultant. I took one, really nice pic and she then said she can't see I'm big around the tummy, so what you see for week one is the first pic showing my spare tyre, lol. I can laugh at it now but before it used to make me cry.
    You are not trying my dear, you ARE doing something yourself so remember that everyday you doubt yourself. You are doing something about it now while your kids are young and that is commendable. ;)
  • jorinya
    @efrensgirl2015, I'm far from fabulous believe me, I still have a long way to go. But thanks for the compliment.

That's something I forgot to post so I will do in now:
    Learn to take compliments from people!!! Its a sign that you ARE changing and looking healthier. It is proof that your hard work and determination is paying off.
    I'm still having trouble with that one myself but I realise I am sabotaging my progress when I don't take the compliment the way the person meant it. Look what happened yesterday, my neighbour said I look a whole lot brighter, I replied my skin has lost its colour. Easily fixed, stay outside in the sun for an hour or two gardening. One day I will lie on the balcony in a bikini and sunbate. Na, I'm not gonna give those security guards something to distract them. I will however go behind my house and expose my very pale legs, lol.
  • ikechika101
    ikechika101 Posts: 1 Member
    jorinya wrote: »
    yeboboye2 wrote: »
    Hi, I was wondering why I have not seen any Nigerian success stories. Good to know it is possible . I

Add me and I will be there for you every step of the way. I'm proof that those eating a Nigerian diet can also lose weight! If I can do it, all the Nigerian women who are looking to lose weight but don't know how can also do it. I am willing to help those ladies living in Lagos, face to face if that will help. Can also help men too!
    Heyyy I live in Lagos too and will like to add you...really want to know what you're eating and what exercises you're doing...help??!!
  • jorinya
    @ikechika101 Small world. I'm in Lekki.
    I'm eating a low carb, low fat, high protein and veggie diet. As for exercise I am currently finished Day 2 of 30 Day Shred, which you can find on YouTube, I walk a bit too but forget to log it, lol. I'm here to help any way I can, just email me and let me know what I can do for you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!