Wheelchair user 130lbs healthier!

imogen__may
imogen__may Posts: 78 Member
Hey!

I don't know what made me think today was the right day to post some photos of my progress, but here we are anyway.

I'm a disabled woman, my impairment was really severe a few years ago and I was constantly in hospital, in ICU unable to breathe. I was in crisis, physically and mentally. And so I decided I needed to do something to take back control, or I'd die.

So I downloaded MFP, added some awesome friends are started calorie counting. It was the first time I'd actually truly understood calories and nutrition properly and things started to click into place. I learnt how to listen to what my body needed and how foods made me feel. For the first year it was just about being under my calories, even if I ate 3 slices of cake. That's what I loved about MFP, there was nothing I couldn't eat as long as I didn't go over my calories. The slowly, as I lost weight, I started to look more carefully at exactly what I was eating, trying to make my macros and thinking specifically about what would help me manage my impairment.

Today, I've not been in ICU for 4 years. I'm 130lbs lighter. My body and I work together to keep me as well as possible whilst still living with a fairly severe impairment. I'm also getting married! All things that seemed forever away 4 years ago.

I have just started to focus more specifically on working out, when I am able to, doing heavily adapted work outs, rather than attempting to lose lots more weight. My goal was 9st, and I'm currently 9st 4lbs.

I weight less that I've lost. I've shed 50% of my body weight. And happiness is off the scale!

To be clear, I willnever be 'finished'. These aren't my 'after' photos by any stretch of the imagination! I was to change my body for the better, always.

Photos!

hcdy5njhe49r.jpg

I was wearing a UK size 26

dw92u93noosa.jpg

3xcpk00h6k7x.jpg

Wearing a size 20/22 here, this is when I really decided I could do this and went at it properly!

dv5qz4h0xol4.jpg

This is the day I knew the woman I'd met would be my wife. That I had so much I wanted to live for and that if I worked hard I could *actually* live!

8z0v9pooz1w8.jpg

8956tukj3j3f.jpg

Excuse the selfies, I don't have tons of full length photos! This photos was my 32nd birthday, and I'm wearing a UK size 8 shirt!

hfqm2fsez8wc.jpg

3s9evgvkg66c.jpg

I can't wait to be able to post again, with more changes to my health, wellbeing and body. You can follow me on Instagram too (@Brizzle__Kicks)

Thanks for looking!

Replies

• opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    What a fantastic lady. Inspirational. You look beautiful. x :)
  • Jessabi93
    Jessabi93 Posts: 45 Member
    Wow!! What a transformation! You look amazing, awesome job! Very inspiring. Also, congratulations on the upcoming wedding! :D
  • alexistexas33
    alexistexas33 Posts: 121 Member
    <3 So proud
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    You really look amazing and great writing. I love the short hair and the outfit in the last photo - total transformation.
  • KrissyRawrz
    KrissyRawrz Posts: 342 Member
    That's amazing! You're incredible! Congrats xx
  • BuckyArden33
    BuckyArden33 Posts: 146 Member
    this is motivation right here. you have done amazing and looking amazing. very well done
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    You look amazing! You were pretty before but now you're gorgeous. Your wife-to-be is a lucky, lucky woman! Good job!
  • Jenskiski
    Jenskiski Posts: 67 Member
    Just incredible! You don't even look like the same person, but especially in your eyes. There's so much happiness and light in them now.
  • plipsurt
    plipsurt Posts: 185 Member
    How amazing! You look fantastic :) Many congratulations on your engagement too :)
  • szecsenyi
    szecsenyi Posts: 17 Member
    Congrats, really fantastic.
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Great job!
  • taentea
    taentea Posts: 91 Member
    You are an inspiration. I'm bookmarking this thread and checking it every time I have an excuse in my head. And congrats on the wedding!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    That's awesome! You look great
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    You look amazing, a hearty well done!! And congrats on finding the love of your life to boot! :)
  • ohaston
    ohaston Posts: 218 Member
    SUPER amazing ... What an inspiration! Congrats to you !
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!