Wheelchair user 130lbs healthier!

Replies

• MargueriteMuguet
    MargueriteMuguet Posts: 230 Member
    Oh wow! Amazing stories! Thanks for sharing and congratulations for the upcoming wedding :-)
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member

Oddly, what speaks to me the most is your chair. It looks like you began with an automatic and are currently in a more...analog chair..sorry, I don't know the real names. That is awesome!

this is exactly what I was thinking. What you have done is shown that the excuse of 'I can't exercise' (which my disabled sister uses) is no barrier at all to losing weight. You've done brilliantly and look so immensely happy!! Congratulations on your impending wedding. Keep at it.

• xesixb
    xesixb Posts: 165 Member
    Thank you for your post. You made my day better. You look amazing and you are a very strong and amazing person.
  • imogen__may
    imogen__may Posts: 78 Member
    girlinahat wrote: »

Oddly, what speaks to me the most is your chair. It looks like you began with an automatic and are currently in a more...analog chair..sorry, I don't know the real names. That is awesome!

this is exactly what I was thinking. What you have done is shown that the excuse of 'I can't exercise' (which my disabled sister uses) is no barrier at all to losing weight. You've done brilliantly and look so immensely happy!! Congratulations on your impending wedding. Keep at it.

Yes! That was a huge part of getting more active. Lots of people just can't use a manual chair, for loads of reasons. I couldn't have used one at the start either. I started using a big manual chair that had power support wheels on, and that was the perfect transition to using manual wheels all the time. There are often periods of illness when I just can't manage it though, so it's a balance every day. I just move as much as I can each day. Food was the biggest element for the weight loss. I am not an average woman, 1500cals is above my maintance so I had to think really carefully about how to eat the most for 1200. Now I'm working out more I'll be slowly adding calories.

Thank you for all being so supportive! x

• BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    You are such an inspiration! You look amazing! Welldone!!
    Congratulations on the up coming wedding!! xxx
  • bronkeekong
    bronkeekong Posts: 49 Member
    WOW, good job! Thanks for the inspiration.
  • szero4
    szero4 Posts: 2 Member
    you are incredible! such an inspiration. you've done such a great job :) congrats on getting married too!!
  • taliasometimes
    taliasometimes Posts: 301 Member
    im amazed and inspired. You are stunning.
    amazing story
  • thisdamselflies
    thisdamselflies Posts: 92 Member
    Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and on your success! I agree with everyone here: you look amazing, and so happy. I also love the way your new hair and clothes complement the exuberant, strong person you seem to be in your writing.
  • oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    Your post brought me to tears. You are a tremendous inspiration. And congratulations on your pending marriage!!
  • Jilliankosto
    Jilliankosto Posts: 216 Member
    You look fabulous, way to rock it!!
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    getitamb wrote: »
    This is why I have mfp. For the stories of inspiration. I love seeing ppl not make excuses but make it happen. You look awesome. Great job!!

I agree. Thanks for the inspirational post, and congrats on your success!
  • blonde20fan
    blonde20fan Posts: 233 Member
    You are amazing! I too had a chronic illness which requires me to wear a medical pump 24/7. You are an inspiration! I followed you on instagram too!
  • maldomaldo
    maldomaldo Posts: 29 Member
    I am glad to see, my 21yr old daughter which is wheelchair bound since 2013 because of failed back surgery has ballooned up in weight because of her situation, and she has been trying to lose weight. What types of exercises are you doing?
  • alltheweigh170
    alltheweigh170 Posts: 287 Member
    Thank you for sharing. Excellent job!
  • believeinme0430
    believeinme0430 Posts: 270 Member
    WOW!!! You look amazing!
  • love9705
    love9705 Posts: 478 Member
    wow you are absolutely amazing. Congrats to you on the weight loss and the upcoming wedding. I wish you continued success in both areas of our life. Thank you so much for sharing.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Holy cow, you look freaking awesome. Congrats!
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Nice work! Way to go. :) You look fantastic.
  • queen_of_disaster
    queen_of_disaster Posts: 61 Member
    You look incredible! Thanks for sharing your story. Congratulations on the weight loss, and congrats to you and your fiancee! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!