when did people start noticing

2»

Replies

• brandyosu
    brandyosu Posts: 257 Member
    I've lost almost 24 and no one has noticed other than me. I can tell because I can tell that my clothes fit differently - in some cases they aren't just loose, they are floppy. I still have roughly 77 pounds to go until I hit my final goal weight, though, so I'm not too worried about it.
  • FabianRodriguez94
    FabianRodriguez94 Posts: 221 Member
    About 20 lbs in was when my family noticed. Took about 15 for ME to noticed. Now I'm 64 lbs down and its the best feeling in the world when I see someone I haven't seen since the beginning of my journey and they just flip lol.
  • clrug0912
    clrug0912 Posts: 43 Member
    I don't know that I've ever noticed at a certain amount lost. I think it may be the way your clothes fit. Usually when I start noticing a difference in clothes is when other people make a comment.
  • xKoalaBearx
    xKoalaBearx Posts: 181 Member
    About 20 lbs in was when my family noticed. Took about 15 for ME to noticed. Now I'm 64 lbs down and its the best feeling in the world when I see someone I haven't seen since the beginning of my journey and they just flip lol.

Same goes for me too.
  • ForMe2No
    ForMe2No Posts: 235 Member
    Yesterday the cashier at my daily breakfast spot asked if I was losing weight. I'm about 12 weeks in and 26lbs down. When I've lost weight in the past that is about when other people start noticing it the 25lb mark. I did have a coworker say that she could tell a few weeks ago but she also knew I was working on it.
  • momasox
    momasox Posts: 158 Member
    I'm 5'2 and have lost 22 of 60lbs and no one has said anything.
  • jesusarolon
    jesusarolon Posts: 208 Member
    WyshIKnew wrote: »
    They lost interest when I told them that I ate less and did more.

Story of my life!

People started noticing a change in me around month 2/3.
  • mcpostelle
    mcpostelle Posts: 418 Member
    After 48 lbs lost, 5+ inches off my waist and 6+ off my hips (approx. 20 inches total) from a US sz 20/22 to a 16... not one person other than me. And that's okay...I do get hit on more now though...but that wasn't the post criteria. :smiley:

Lol, I go by this too. :smiley: People don't usually comment on my weight loss unless they know that I'm trying to lose weight. But, I can tell my weight loss by increased positive interactions with people. A huge plus in my books. I'd rather have increase interaction than 100 people tell me how good that I look (even though that wouldn't hurt ;) )
  • QueenofComeBacks
    QueenofComeBacks Posts: 165 Member
    Had some say few comments around 18lbs and now that I'm close 30lb people have complement more.
  • gilliebee63
    gilliebee63 Posts: 94 Member
    mcpostelle wrote: »

Lol, I go by this too. :smiley: People don't usually comment on my weight loss unless they know that I'm trying to lose weight. But, I can tell my weight loss by increased positive interactions with people. A huge plus in my books. I'd rather have increase interaction than 100 people tell me how good that I look (even though that wouldn't hurt ;) )

Yeah. I used to think 5 (of my goal loss of 15lbs) would be noticed by everyone, but I'm down about 8 and haven't heard a thing. I've noticed some differences, and I had a coworker say how I was glowing... And it's all headed in the right direction, and that's what matters.
  • tesha_chandler
    tesha_chandler Posts: 378 Member
    I started noticing at 20 pounds because my pants always fell down lol, others started noticing and really complimenting at 30 pounds.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    I think some are afraid to comment as well. I have had 2 people say they have noticed but those 2 people know I am trying to lose weight. I did have someone say " you look really nice. Is something different? " so I am taking that as them noticing but not a huge difference yet
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!