when did people start noticing

lalainap19
lalainap19 Posts: 165 Member
Today is my 38 day streak and I had people telling me I look slimmer yesterday. When did others start noticing your progress and when did you start noticing for yourself??

Replies

• vdeepu17
    vdeepu17 Posts: 30 Member
    After losing 15lbs on 5'2 frame. I have slimmer waist and wide lower body. Starting wt is 178. Current 163.goal is 130.
  • YDNC
    YDNC Posts: 16 Member
    About a month and a half in or so.. My boyfriend went away for about three weeks & when he came back he instantly noticed how much smaller I was... I was actually called a "tooth pick"... HAHA I wish!! But it always makes me feel great when people comment on my weight loss :D
  • RBracken34
    RBracken34 Posts: 90 Member
    I think it really depends on how much you have to lose. I've lost about 27lbs, but I still have 92lbs to go to my goal weight. A few people in my department at work have mentioned it, but they all know I've been working to lose weight so they're looking for it. I don't expect others to notice for at least another 30lbs or so...
  • BrianaDuBois
    BrianaDuBois Posts: 48 Member
    A supervisor I hadn't seen in a while after switching days/shifts commented on it first. At that point I was only down bout 15lb and had recently hit my 40 day streak. Since then (a few weeks ago), family has started to notice and I saw some old coworkers who kept commenting on how good I looked at a party of a mutual friend.
  • emrancaan
    emrancaan Posts: 3 Member
    Today is my nearly 55 day streak . I went from couch to 4k & doing 3-4 times a week but not losing much as I intended. I have significantly reduced my calories in take on average 1000/Day. I think so far MAX 2Kg I have lost. WHAT I CAN DO TO INCREASE THIS PACE. Still 10 Kg to go ...please advise
  • kraymike
    kraymike Posts: 10 Member
    I've lost 19 lbs in 5-6 weeks yet no one has really noticed yet. But I definitely have! Lost it from my face and belly mainly. I have recently grown a beard so maybe it's less noticeable. Think my time for people to start noticing is just round the corner. Well done to all! :-)
  • kraymike
    kraymike Posts: 10 Member
    Do
    emrancaan wrote: »
    Today is my nearly 55 day streak . I went from couch to 4k & doing 3-4 times a week but not losing much as I intended. I have significantly reduced my calories in take on average 1000/Day. I think so far MAX 2Kg I have lost. WHAT I CAN DO TO INCREASE THIS PACE. Still 10 Kg to go ...please advise

dont be disheartened, however good you are sometimes the weight just doesn't shift. I've had weeks like that when I've been really good with the excercise and the calories and I actually put on a pound or 2. Just keep it going and it will happen. Also as I'm sure you know muscle weighs more than fat so you may well be losing fat and gaining muscle hence the scales saying you've not lost much.
  • WyshIKnew
    WyshIKnew Posts: 75 Member
    My wife started noticing about 6 weeks in. At the risk of being naughty she noticed a difference during bedtime frolics. I also almost completely stopped snoring.

Other people started noticing about 2 months in, lots of comments, questions about how I'd done it etc. They lost interest when I told them that I ate less and did more.

I really noticed one day when I looked down and realised my tummy was relatively flat. I couldn't stop running my hand over my tummy and wondering where the big wobbly bump had gone!
  • Osiris275
    Osiris275 Posts: 228 Member
    When I had lost 38 lbs last month, someone noticed. Still have another 90 or so to go! But it's a really good motivator.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    I go by the scale mostly, so I notice when it goes down, lol. Husband always comments immediately. Coworkers comment after the first 15 lbs or so.
  • Shreshy
    Shreshy Posts: 1,263 Member
    After 4months. 10kgs after. Being called thin for the first time in my life was the best feeling
  • Hulbert0089
    Hulbert0089 Posts: 97 Member
    Around a 10% loss. It's an interesting topic around here as some, like me appreciate the feedback. Others get irritated that people are commenting about something that is not their business.
  • HuskyHiker413
    HuskyHiker413 Posts: 78 Member
    I know this question is asked alot so I paid attention to when people started asking if I was losing weight or telling me that I was doing a good job. I only counted it if the person did not know I was trying. The 3rd person said something at 14% bodyweight lost.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    edited July 2015
    After 48 lbs lost, 5+ inches off my waist and 6+ off my hips (approx. 20 inches total) from a US sz 20/22 to a 16... not one person other than me. And that's okay...I do get hit on more now though...but that wasn't the post criteria. :smiley:
  • kspoon5
    kspoon5 Posts: 239 Member
    I am almost 60 days in 9 pounds of 40 lost so far and the only ones that have said anything are the few that know I am trying to get healthy :neutral:
  • xBabyLlamaDrama
    xBabyLlamaDrama Posts: 53 Member
    Didn't hear a thing until about 40-45 lbs down (about two or three weeks ago). Since then, at least 4 people have commented. It's hard for people who see you daily to see the difference. Wait until you see someone who hasn't seen you in a while.

It's also relative. 10 lbs off of someone already in shape is noticeable. 10 lbs off my frame (originally 266.6) is not. Better to go off of body fat percentages.
  • clh72569
    clh72569 Posts: 280 Member
    At around 10 lbs lost, I really noticed, at around 20 lbs people at work who did not know I was trying noticed.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    after I losted 20 lbs then ppl noticed a big difference
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    It depends on how much you have to lose and how you carry your weight.

Just from reading a lot of these threads, I find that for most it's around 10-20% of your body weight lost when people notice. That means if you're heavier, it will take more weight lost before people comment. The range is because some people are more observant than others.

Also note, that a lot of people will notice well before they say anything. They'll notice and then keep an eye out to make sure you're losing weight before they comment. And some people will never comment ever. It doesn't matter if you lost 200lbs, they won't say anything.

People seem to comment to me every 10%.
  • kellyship17
    kellyship17 Posts: 112 Member
    Around 20 pounds lots of people noticed. After 10 my mother had noticed, and it inspired her to start taking better care of herself too.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!