Awesome job. You look great.
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Great Job. :)
  • BodyandWellness
    BodyandWellness Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You were beautiful before and beautiful after! It is amazing how you see a difference! Good work in reaching your goals!
  • JKB912
    JKB912 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Here's my 12 month progress so far...
    August 2014 Before= 154lbs/11st UK size 12-14
    August 2015 After= 112lbs/8st UK size 8-10

Hard work but all worth it in the end!

I'm happy to share advice for anyone who might need inspiration. :smile:

1btazkhtdhbr.jpg

• JKB912
    JKB912 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    How exciting for you! :)
    It was cool seeing when you started and finished. Losing weight is not a sprint it's a marathon. What made you decide, it's time to change? What helped most in your success?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Excellent work!
  • RV_08
    RV_08 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    JKB912 wrote: »
    How exciting for you! :)
    It was cool seeing when you started and finished. Losing weight is not a sprint it's a marathon. What made you decide, it's time to change? What helped most in your success?

Yeah, i'm so glad I took these pics. It's really helped to keep me motivated and I think helped the most in my success!
    I had a few reasons as to why I wanted to change:
    1) Comments I got from family members I hadn't seen in a while (and they don't hold back!) about how I had put on weight etc. Not nice to hear, but gave me the motivation to do something about it
    2) Online shopping and seeing really nice outfits I wanted to wear but when buying them, didn't fit as well as I thought they would
    3) Embarassingly, sometimes being offered a seat on public transport (on the London Underground train) as people had mistaken my rounded stomach for a baby! :s
    4) Wanting to do a charity 5k at the best of my ability when I was 25 (life goal - DONE)
    5) Just not wanting to be unhealthy/tired/out of breath anymore when walking or going up stairs

:)
  • RV_08
    Options
    Barbs2222 wrote: »
    Well done! Congrats, you look great!

Thanks!

• RV_08
    Options
    Great job you look great!

Thanks!
  • RV_08
    Options
    mona52bask wrote: »
    Awesome job. You look great.

Thanks!
  • RV_08
    Options
    You were beautiful before and beautiful after! It is amazing how you see a difference! Good work in reaching your goals!

Thanks!
  • RV_08
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Excellent work!

Thanks!
  • RTH65
    RTH65 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! I know everyone asks this question but what did you do to get to a size 8/10? Particularly in terms of nutrition, did you go low carb or just watch portion sizes? And what type of exercises did you do? Sorry so many Qs but I'm just starting out and need a little bit of help :(
  • RV_08
    Options
    RTH65 wrote: »
    You look amazing!! I know everyone asks this question but what did you do to get to a size 8/10? Particularly in terms of nutrition, did you go low carb or just watch portion sizes? And what type of exercises did you do? Sorry so many Qs but I'm just starting out and need a little bit of help :(

No worries, i'm happy to help. A combination of all:

Nutrition - low carb. I replaced white rice (being Filipino this was a challenge as it's a staple food for us!) with veg or salad. Next to no pasta and if bread then brown or wholemeal. Lots of fruit. Cut out most processed foods. Only drinking water no fizzy drinks or juice. Keeping alcohol to a minimum.
    Portion sizes - smaller than before and making sure I only eat until i'm satisfied and not hungry anymore, not until I feel sick
    Exercise - 5-6 times a week for an hour to hour and a half. A mixture of cardio and weights. I do plyo box jumps, skipping and once hated running but when I started that, the lbs fell off so now I love it.

Also if I was craving something bad I would have it but in moderation. Restricting yourself from everything will drive you crazy.

Good sleep is important too. It sets you up for the day in terms of having the energy to work out and being able to control your diet. Being tired demotivates you from exercise and encourages you to reach for the sugary treats for an energy boost.

I hope that helps! :blush:
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Looking good girl
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    You look great! Well done!
  • RV_08
    Options
    Looking good girl
    Thanks!
  • RV_08
    Options
    mmnv79 wrote: »
    You look great! Well done!

Thank you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!