I Feel like a failure..

Options
I have been logging everything I eat, everyday. But I haven't lost any weight. I'm fearful for my health. I'm nearly 15stone 95kg and feel bloody horrible about myself.
I know this sounds like an attention seeking thing, but I feel despite.

Replies

• ariana_eatsandlifts
    ariana_eatsandlifts Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    How long has it been? What is your calorie goal? Are you weighing your food with a food scale?
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    open your diary so we can take a peak and give you advice.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I suggest you read all the sticky posts at the top of each MFP forum. They have tons of tips & info. Try using that info and post back here with specific questions. Good luck!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I'm confused.... Are you 15 stone or do you have only 14 pounds to lose? The approach when one is very overweight is very different than when one has only 10-15 pounds to lose.

You say you're logging everything you eat. What you didn't say is:
    1. How are you verifying what you're logging? Are you measuring your food with cups? Weighing it with a kitchen scale? Relying on package information or guessing food portion sizes?
    2. Are you staying at your calorie goal every day? One can log and still be eating too much.
    3. Are you honestly logging every single thing you eat, down to vitamins and sticks of gum?

Logging your food is a great first step but you have to be accurate with your logging if you are to have success.