weight watchers

Options
anyone currently doing weight watchers? i decided to do it on my own, with the itrackbites app! i was looking for some new friends who are doing this too! it would be nice to have friends who are also counting points! feel free to add! :)

Replies

• cndkendrick
    cndkendrick Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I would rather count points but their paid app is terrible. Which is ironic that you're paying a high price to use an app that hardly every works. With that being said, this site is much user friendly, and when doing points it seems like an unnecessary step, when you already have the NI, to have to calculate it into another number.
  • sara1982
    sara1982 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi started weight watchers last Friday and had my first weigh in this morning and have lost 3lb, looking for diet buddy.

Have added you
  • Julem22
    Julem22 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I love weight watchers, but I quite because I agree with the above poster that the paid app is just terrible. Since I don't want to log in two places, I am hanging out here on free MFP. But I do miss the meeting support.
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    i am doing it on my own as well. It really works I have lost weight in the past using it. Never heard of the itrackbites app, have to check it out!! Feel free to add me!
  • hamlet1222
    hamlet1222 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine did weight watchers and it worked wonders for him. It does seem to suit a lot of people better than straight calorie counting
  • Jdkbs
    Jdkbs Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am doing weight watchers on my own and also miss the support. I'm going to check out itrackbites as well.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    I'm not but sometimes buy ww food at times
  • aplhabetacheesecake
    aplhabetacheesecake Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I am doing weight watchers and also log on here! I have a personal trainer who has given me set macros to follow, so I log on MFP according to my set macros for the day, then flip that into the weight watchers app for the points. I like having both calories, macros and points to follow. I feel ultimately when I am able to shift into maintenance this will help me plan to keep my intake balanced and prevent regaining.

I use ww more for the weekly meetings and support
    My personal trainer for the workouts
    And MFP for the macros!!
  • janetbenjamin249
    janetbenjamin249 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Julem22 wrote: »
    I love weight watchers, but I quite because I agree with the above poster that the paid app is just terrible. Since I don't want to log in two places, I am hanging out here on free MFP. But I do miss the meeting support.

Try the Points Plus Diary Android (and possibly Iphone). It has everything WW has except the meetings. it's very helpful.
  • healthygina3
    healthygina3 Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I was going to weight watchers for several months but I kept going over daily points and eating too much fruit. I only lost 5lbs and i kept fluctuating in that 5pounds. kinda frustrating!! I like fitness pal because it makes it feel more worth while to work out... Like today I went over my daily calories but I went to the gym and now I am back to not going over..... I like the meetings and support at weight watchers as well, but i didn't want to spend the extra money this month. The fitness pal app is fantastic and it is free!! It is also nice to see other people supporting each other online! I would love to be apart of this group. Thanks!
  • kaleforlife
    kaleforlife Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I recently stopped going to WW. but miss the group support. I never cared to use their app to keep track of points. I am old fashioned I guess. I tried to stay with the power foods so I could avoid tracking points most of the time. My biggest challenge is exercise-my personal battle, also the key to weight loss and overall health. Middle age has not been kind to my body and if I don't start to exercise I will end up with cardiac / neuro issues in another 10 years. I look forward to being part of this grup. Hopefully we can inspire each other to reach and maintain our health goals. :smiley:
  • tallee
    tallee Posts: 22 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I have been doing WW for 6 months and have lost 30 lbs. I think the meetings and weigh ins hold me accountable. I am here due to the recent changes to etools which as of this moment I hate. I tracked every day whether over my 'points' or not. I am hoping WW will take some constructive criticism and take the 'feedback' seriously. I like change and I know it isn't always easy but it just seems like too much too soon.
  • AshLatch84
    AshLatch84 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am also doing WW and would love more people to help me stay on point! Just joined MFP since I don't want to keep paying for WW.
  • akowens78
    akowens78 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi ! I'm also a former WW. I tried to go back recently but the price has increased $20. I would love the support. Can't wait to try itracbites. Please feel free to add me
  • Tlchello
    Tlchello Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am currently attending WW but am thinking about trying MFP along with my Fitbit. My sister uses this site and swears by it. I am not really sure how all the numbers work and the best way to use it but I am willing to explore and see if it will be a good switch for me. I also don't want to continue paying WW.
    When you ladies say "Please feel free to add me" does that mean there is a group of you? (Sorry...I have been a member of this site for a long time but never really USED it.)
  • kaleforlife
    kaleforlife Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Tlchello wrote: »
    I am currently attending WW but am thinking about trying MFP along with my Fitbit. My sister uses this site and swears by it. I am not really sure how all the numbers work and the best way to use it but I am willing to explore and see if it will be a good switch for me. I also don't want to continue paying WW.
    When you ladies say "Please feel free to add me" does that mean there is a group of you? (Sorry...I have been a member of this site for a long time but never really USED it.)

I just started to combine fitbit with MFP and discontinued WW because of the cost and results I was not getting. $40 a month or $10/week is no small fee for an extended period of time. Let's hope MFP doesn't start charging! :open_mouth: I think keeping track of the protein, sodium, carbs and sugar is important, as are the calories. WW claim to figure it out the right balance of carbs and protein for you, I begin to wonder how they figure it out since everyone's body is different. WW does not take into account the monthly water weight fluctuation in our cycles. Some leaders treat it as if it is your fault. A local meet up group for weight loss might be an option for you if you want the in person support.
    Regardless,

Welcome aboard! :smile:
  • DonnaY1960
    DonnaY1960 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been a WW member for decades and used to find it the only way I could lose weight. I have recently cancelled my membership and am using the money to hire a treadmill. Unfortunately I couldn't afford to do both and I know that exercise is my missing link. I also found that the meetings didn't motivate me any more and I didn't like the way that they now push their products and place them in positions which remind me of the sweets at the checkouts in the supermarket. I spoke with the Leader about it and she said it was what WW now decree. She didn't agree with it but she couldn't change it.

My support and motivation comes from the WW message boards which I can still access and my many friends from Aust and NZ all help me out with weight loss and general life support.
  • jonesmarty71
    jonesmarty71 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm starting weight watcher on my own tomorrow, I have lost weight with the point system years ago, I really like MFP tracking but don't see how they can work together? I do see the benefit of MFP giving me all my nutritional values so I guess I'll just try both for a while,
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Ten years ago, I lost 45 pounds with WW. I was about to sign up again before MFP but the cost was just out of my reach. I love being here at MFP. The Success Stories thread keep me motivated. I have lost a little under 10 pounds in 5 weeks. I stopped WW and gained all my weight and more back. I was week 1 into maintenance...lol. As long as MFP is free I think I can do this for a very long time.

Good luck with every is best for you!