weight watchers

Options
2»

Replies

• myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,562 Member
    Options
    I have been a long term WW member and believe in the program. But as I get past some knee and back issues and try to get rid of the weight I gained this year as a result (and some family problems), I find they are getting ready to revamp the program next month and the apps and website have always been at least a step behind most other apps and when they update it is generally problematic for a season. I have been asking myself why I pay a premium price for non premium tools. I love the meetings as long as the right meeting leader is there, but in the end I am tracking on both WW and MFP for the next 2 months and then decide, though in my heart I know the answer. WW works very very well, but it hasn't kept up with the times and doesn't seem to get that.
  • kaleforlife
    kaleforlife Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have been a long term WW member and believe in the program. But as I get past some knee and back issues and try to get rid of the weight I gained this year as a result (and some family problems), I find they are getting ready to revamp the program next month and the apps and website have always been at least a step behind most other apps and when they update it is generally problematic for a season. I have been asking myself why I pay a premium price for non premium tools. I love the meetings as long as the right meeting leader is there, but in the end I am tracking on both WW and MFP for the next 2 months and then decide, though in my heart I know the answer. WW works very very well, but it hasn't kept up with the times and doesn't seem to get that.[/quote

When I was a WW member we had this very discussion about the apps not being up to par with the times. My leader was great but most of the leaders I have encountered at WW meetings were not of the same caliber of my leader. Many of the leaders tried to push WW products, some even encouraged wasting food( ie throwing out egg yolks). I struggled with the programs push for fat free food as being healthy. Not neccessarily so. I was only able to lose 15 pounds. I discontinued my membership after a year. I have 30-25 pounds to lose. WW's does not take into consideration lean muscle weight vs fat weight whenyou hop on their heavenly scale for weigh in. I find MFP gives me guidance when I track my food intake that WW could not.