skinny stix! zantrex, help.

Options
I just bought the zantrex skinny stix, or whatever they are called. I am wondering if anyone has tried it and what are their experience with it.

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I see they're endorsed by Jenny McCarthy.

She's about as far from a scientist as you can get.

Avoid.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Static1211 wrote: »
    I just bought the zantrex skinny stix, or whatever they are called. I am wondering if anyone has tried it and what are their experience with it.

What are they supposed to do?
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I looked it up on Google. It's flavor packets you add to water. They have the typical ~*fat burning miracle*~ ingredients in them which, as we know, don't actually do anything.

71TV%2BnCP-6L._SL1368_.jpg

The bottle claims it helps with weight loss, focus, energy, and fat burning. Reading the Amazon reviews are fun and sad, but mostly sad. OP, you wasted your money unless you like the taste. However, you can make cheaper flavored water that will do exactly what these packets do; hydration and nothing more.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    I see they're endorsed by Jenny McCarthy.

She's about as far from a scientist as you can get.

Avoid.

She's a travesty.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I thought guarana was illegal now?
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    synacious wrote: »
    I looked it up on Google. It's flavor packets you add to water. They have the typical ~*fat burning miracle*~ ingredients in them which, as we know, don't actually do anything.

The bottle claims it helps with weight loss, focus, energy, and fat burning. Reading the Amazon reviews are fun and sad, but mostly sad. OP, you wasted your money unless you like the taste. However, you can make cheaper flavored water that will do exactly what these packets do; hydration and nothing more.

Ah
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Static1211 wrote: »

If stuff like that worked there's would be no fat people....
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options

Dangit, now I wanna look up the Amazon reviews, but I'm afraid I'll get ads and Amazon tryna sell me this stuff for the rest of my life!
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options

Dangit, now I wanna look up the Amazon reviews, but I'm afraid I'll get ads and Amazon tryna sell me this stuff for the rest of my life!

I'll save you the trip.

"My husband and I have been drinking TONS of this stuff, but haven't lost any weight!"

"Gave me TONS of energy, but didn't burn fat.. :( "

"Was able to stay up for 23 hours after only sleeping for 3, but I didn't lose any weight."

"Tastes awful."

"This works so well. I'm stacking this with Bronkaid and it suppresses my appetite. I lost 15 pounds in the past month. I'm not recommending this for others but it works for me. I'm eating 900 to 1000 calories per day. I started at 137, now I'm 122 and I'm hoping to be 110 soon."

I want to reply "Eat at a calorie deficit" to all of them except the last one. I just want to tell her to get some help and that her rapid weight loss by abusing ephedrine based medicine intended for asthmatics is not only going to backfire, but if she gets to 110 she'll still be unhappy because the rapid loss will cause her to lose lean mass and she'll have no definition whatsoever.

It is amazing the lengths people will go to for weight loss except the actual proven method of eat a bit less and/or move a bit more.
  • Static1211
    Static1211 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yeah I figured it wouldn't work but spent ten minutes trying to decide to get it or not. I wished I would have looked it up first before I bought it.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Op- please know that many of us have been fooled by these weight loss products in the past before we knew better.
    So you are not alone. Often reviews can be misleading also. The companies will pay for people who haven't even used the product to post good reviews.
    If any of these weight loss products really worked then why are there millions of us on here counting calories ?
    There are no quick fixes. No short cuts. If that stuff worked then we would all be thin.
    Nothing can replace hard work.

Go back to the store and ask for a refund.
  • ggRI632
    ggRI632 Posts: 2 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I love them! I usually try to drink it in the morning and I don't normally eat (except for maybe a little snack and I mean a clementine or banana) until 3-5 P.M.

I don't diet either. Instead I let that carry me until the late afternoon normally and then eat dinner and snacks throughout the night. I prefer to save my calories for when I get home so I can watch T.V. and eat. It helps to fill me up while also saving me the calories for when I want.

I think they taste delicious and they definitely work for losing weight!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    ggRI632 wrote: »
    I love them! I usually try to drink it in the morning and I don't normally eat (except for maybe a little snack and I mean a clementine or banana) until 3-5 P.M.

I think not eating all day has a much bigger effect on your weight loss
  • ggRI632
    ggRI632 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    ggRI632 wrote: »

I think not eating all day has a much bigger effect on your weight loss

They fill me up so I'm not hungry throughout the day and I've been doing this for less than a month (along with exercising, and continuing to eat whatever I want) I'm very happy with the results. I've done this type of system before for months at a time (I'm in law school now) during my final semester during undergraduate I only ate one meal a day but it was a full meal and it was always in the late afternoon/evening. I was very happy with my results then the only thing I've changed is adding in Skinny Stix which both help to keep my mind off food until later, fills me up, and tastes great.

It probably depends on the person but for me this works and leads to the results I want.
  • rollerjog
    rollerjog Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    the first thing that i see when i look at label is its a (proprietary blend) stay away from supplements that have a proprietary blend, it looks like something Dr oz would tell every one to take if they want to lose weight, looks like a big scam too me, dont waste your money
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Every single weight loss miracle pill, shake or potion on the market works "in conjunction with a calorie controlled diet and exercise - results may vary" at least according to the advertising here in Australia. That is to say they don't work. Not a single one. There is no magic product you can eat or drink and keep doing what you're doing and expect to lose weight. No way, no how. And yet the world is full of the desperate who don't want to do any actual work to achieve anything, and those who are willing to take advantage of that.