Anyone disabled & trying to loose weight?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• cjdsign
    cjdsign Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    cjdsign yesterday
    burned 1,182 calories doing 400 minutes of cardio exercises, including "Sitting - moderate work"

54321 That's a lot of calories! I love that "sitting" was included!!

cjdsign
    54321, I am disabled. I can't do much standing and since it has been 20 years, I really don't think that much is going to change. So I log what I do, rather than just laying around in bed for comfort. It doesn't show how the calories got burned, but if you look at my exercise list, then it will make more sense. :) Gentle Hugs, CJ
  • unickorn
    unickorn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have had arthritis for 30 yrs so I know all too well the struggles of chronic pain. All of my exercise for the moment only consists of walking. It's hard & painful but I do it as much as possible but also make sure I rest my joints enough. It's always great to have other ppl who can relate to your challenges so anyone can feel free to add me.
  • cjdsign
    Options
    I have had arthritis for 30 yrs so I know all too well the struggles of chronic pain. All of my exercise for the moment only consists of walking. It's hard & painful but I do it as much as possible but also make sure I rest my joints enough. It's always great to have other ppl who can relate to your challenges so anyone can feel free to add me.

Hi Nicked! I so know what you are saying. It is good to have like minded people that can help with encouragement, especially when unhurting people don't get it and ask why you log sitting and crocheting! So what is your treatment course for your arthritis? you said you are walking, have you tried stretching too? You can log that in cardo. Now that I am down again, I am only stretching, though just moving some days is all I can do! Sorry it took so long to respond, I had not seen your post. Gentle Hugs, CJ :)
  • pricer15
    pricer15 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi. Is this discussion ongoing? It has been almost a year since anyone posted.
  • andielyn
    andielyn Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    No, I don't think so.
  • cjdsign
    Options
    Hi Everyone! So sorry to let this go! I have broken my leg and injured my rt arm. I have been using the Tablet and not the PC. The tablet won't show community stuff nor messages!! I am so sorry! I will try to be on the PC more and monitor better!! Hi @pricer15 ! Welcome and please join us! Sorry @andielyn for dropping the ball!! Please add me as friend.
    Nice to see you all! CJnys6b67h3cy9.jpg
  • traceyc013
    traceyc013 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Glad to find this thread. I have lupus and fibromyalgia... Lots of chronic pain and worsening arthritis. Could use some pals to help and motivate each other!
  • wwwtheselion11
    wwwtheselion11 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I am also disabled. I have had a crazy life. I have been disabled when I was 10. From spinal meningitis. I recovered in Boston. In my 20s. I had tumor. Located under spine . In neck down to shoulder blades. Had tumor removed, now 35 disability getting worst . My better leg does most work . I have drop foot on my right leg . Hip flexors are out . My left leg is starting to collapse. Why am I feeling weak in left leg? Bought max 5 to help with weight loss. An my walking ability to turn my hips flexors back on. An turn drop foot off. Will I ever get to the point of walking normally again. Probably not. The thought of it counts. To the point I try an think it is possible
  • cjdsign
    Options
    Hi, all, it's been crazy and weird here lately. Still going, still hurting physically, but each step is better. So sorry I have not been on here for quite a while. I think of you all and the rest of my fit family daily. May you get rest, stay safe, and healthy as you deal with this new life ahead. Gentle Hugs, CJ