Anyone disabled & trying to loose weight?

Options

Replies

• kyuui13
    kyuui13 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have a long list but the ones to point out is I have hypothyroidism, migraines and PDD-NOS (which is in autism spectrum but I have a mild form of it) Some days are more disabling then others. I've been doing my best with getting my exercise and dieting. I been drinking those protein shakes and they really seem to help. I have lost 24.4 pounds since October and need to lose 70 more.
  • cjdsign
    cjdsign Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    kyuui13 wrote: »
    I have a long list but the ones to point out is I have hypothyroidism, migraines and PDD-NOS (which is in autism spectrum but I have a mild form of it) Some days are more disabling then others. I've been doing my best with getting my exercise and dieting. I been drinking those protein shakes and they really seem to help. I have lost 24.4 pounds since October and need to lose 70 more.

Hi Kyuui13!
    Welcome to the group! Wow, Kudos on your weight loss so far! Woooo Hoooo! I know about those disabling days too, and they are no fun. Good Idea about the protein shakes; protein is the hardest thing for me to keep in my system. I do hope today is a good day for you! Add me as a friend! CJ :)
  • cjdsign
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Well, today is the TEST!! We head out for the day with the Grandbabies. This is my hardest thing to do. I love to be active, but the pain and exhaustion usually hit me hard. I've been moving more, more activity for the past 3 weeks now. I'll ck in tonight when we get back home. Have a Wonderful Motivated Day Everyone!! Remember to rest, eat sensibly, and LETS DO THIS!! CJ
  • happyauntie2015
    happyauntie2015 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend! Hubby and I took our niece to the zoo she is 2. We walked around for 2 hours and it was well worth the pain I'm in now! Lol...there is something about seeing these things through her eyes! We both go back to work tomorrow and are already counting the days until we can take her back lol. Thank goodness I work from home or I'd be calling off due to the pain and swelling!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I have Crohn's disease which is an autoimmune disease. not only are there the usual bathroom issues but chronic abdominal and joint pain which I can't get anything stronger than tramadol for except when I am hospitalized and I can't take NSAIDs because of GI bleeding risk. I also have chronic fatigue/exhaustion from my disease and the medication. I'm immunosuppressed from 2 meds (I'm on a biologic called Remicade I get every 6 weeks via IV and on a immunosuppressant pill) to stop my lovely body from attacking myself. I do lift heavy 3x a week but I basically sleep all day every day on my rest days because of it. I don't do any cardio for obvious reasons. Lifting is very important to me so I use my "spoons" to do it. I am on a very restricted (food wise not calorie wise) diet as I have so many trigger foods that rip up my insides and that my body won't even attempt to digest. Gotta love autoimmune diseases!
  • kirstinethornburg
    kirstinethornburg Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    We all have our ups and downs. Don't worry about it as other have said it could be tom for you. hang on. I have had three total knee replacement of my right knee in a three year time frame two of them stem from infection. For me I have found two things to help with my pain is regenicare from univera and useing a tens machine. I workout four days a week. rideing my Ellipitical bike 33 minutes each time and various weight machines I lift 65 pound weights 3 sets of 10 reps per set. Been working oput since october 2015. Hang on it takes time . over time it will all work out.
  • tany118
    tany118 Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Hi everyone!
    Blessings to all! I'm glad I found this post,its so helpful!

My problem is mainly my knees. They swell and hurt and make everything difficult.I find few exercises really help, swimming does though.

Here is what has helped me

Cold water showers - make me feel more awake and better. I take them after the hot shower. It is said it also helps move your circulation.

Log in less than 1000 cal and ignore the message that its not enough. I don't really move enough to make it not enough

Music all the time. I'm moving and don't realize it! Plus keeps me happy.

So far I've have measured 12 pounds in 5 months.

Lets keep it up!!!

cjdsign wrote: »
    "Calories In vs. Calories Out.
    CI > CO = Weight Gain
    CI = CO = Maintain Weight
    CI < CO = Weight Loss
    Let's do this! I can do this. WE can do this!" Great Idea from BinaryFu !

I think that may be where I fall short. I get the extra calories from doing something and it adds it, so I eat something else. I know this will sound weird, but It is hard for me to eat 1,300 calories each day. Most days the darn thing says, "you're not eating enough", so I eat something else. But because of my Rapid Transit, which is like a bullet train in my gut some days, my body is daily freaking out to keep the fat. So, decrease the carbs, but loose the food. A catch 22 for sure.

I for one will be trying BinaryFu's idea above and see if it will help me out. CJ

• Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    tany118 wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

My problem is mainly my knees. They swell and hurt and make everything difficult.I find few exercises really help, swimming does though.

Cold water showers - make me feel more awake and better. I take them after the hot shower. It is said it also helps move your circulation.

Log in less than 1000 cal and ignore the message that its not enough. I don't really move enough to make it not enough

Lets keep it up!!!

Love the music tip, it can completely transform my mood, too! I'll play my "favorites" playlist, and at the start of each song exclaim "I *love* this song too! Must be my lucky day, all my favorite songs are playing!" ;) I know it's goofy, but it cheers me up!
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    I have Crohn's disease which is an autoimmune disease. not only are there the usual bathroom issues but chronic abdominal and joint pain which I can't get anything stronger than tramadol for except when I am hospitalized and I can't take NSAIDs because of GI bleeding risk. I also have chronic fatigue/exhaustion from my disease and the medication. I'm immunosuppressed from 2 meds (I'm on a biologic called Remicade I get every 6 weeks via IV and on a immunosuppressant pill) to stop my lovely body from attacking myself. I do lift heavy 3x a week but I basically sleep all day every day on my rest days because of it. I don't do any cardio for obvious reasons. Lifting is very important to me so I use my "spoons" to do it. I am on a very restricted (food wise not calorie wise) diet as I have so many trigger foods that rip up my insides and that my body won't even attempt to digest. Gotta love autoimmune diseases!

I have an autoimmune disease, too, called Myasthenia Gravis. Such a frustrating group of diseases! Nice to meet another "spoon saver" :)
  • cjdsign
    Options

Hi Singing flute lady, Welcome to the group!
    My younger Bro has Crohn's disease too. He works out but food is not his friend. He has had it since a teen and he 49 now. And they don't have a real name for what I have yet. LOL got them all stumped. It all started the food thing, when I got the Swine Flu in 2009. wiped out my immune system and I was deathly ill for over 2 years. It has been a long road back, little by little. With the other disabilities, I have to laugh, God is really got a sense of humor!!! I do know, and I know many of you all agree, that I would not be as aware of others issues as I am, as compassionate towards others, or patient. I have come a long way in my 51 yrs. I hope for many more! I hope you find this group strengthening and comforting! CJ
  • cjdsign
    Options
    We all have our ups and downs. Don't worry about it as other have said it could be tom for you. hang on. I have had three total knee replacement of my right knee in a three year time frame two of them stem from infection. For me I have found two things to help with my pain is regenicare from univera and useing a tens machine. I workout four days a week. rideing my Ellipitical bike 33 minutes each time and various weight machines I lift 65 pound weights 3 sets of 10 reps per set. Been working oput since october 2015. Hang on it takes time . over time it will all work out.

Hi Kirstine! Welcome to the group!
    I really like your progress! Way to go and you are so inspirational! Thank YOU!! You are so right about the ups and downs. Last wk I gained 7 lbs and this week it is all off! Yeah, starting again, and again, but keeping my head focused ahead and not behind. Your advice is great and I am glad the 10's unit is going well for you. I have been using mine since 2000. I just got a new one...lol wore out the old thing! CJ
  • cjdsign
    Options
    From Tany, "Hi everyone!

Lets keep it up!!!"

Hi Tany and thank you for joining us!!
    ouch. I hope you have found some relief. I do love music and listen to all kinds. I do agree with you that the music helps keep my mind off the pain. Makes me totally move to the beat too! LOL.
    I love cold more then hot, I even wear clothes right from the wash machine in the 90's + of Summer. No lie!! hahahaha Yes, the log cal thingy I do leave low some days. And chock it up to no movement in be days!
    Try those stretching exercises, stretching really only on Fit2mecoach.com they are great and you can burn calories and add them here too. Lets Keep It UP!!! YEAH!!! CJ
  • cjdsign
    Options
    I've been watching and liking all the progress on everyone's daily entries and I am sees wonderful progress!!! Way to keep it up everyone!! Hugs, CJ <3
  • cjdsign
    Options
    I just wanted to show you all, my total support on here, my monumental accomplishment when I hit the Chinese Buffet today for Dinner... I did order a sprite, old habit and really wanted the lemon water, but when the waiter came by he said, "got ya, tea & sprite!" I felt like I just blew it, but I ate accordingly and did ok!!
    Here is what I ate a few weeks ago when we went and I was like "Oh MY! I really ate all that!!" AND look at that calorie count what a whopper!!! No wonder I am fat!! LOL

Here is the data:

Your Food Diary For:
    Monday, May 2, 2016
    Dinner
    Sprite - Pop, 24 oz 280
    Homemade - Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms, 3 large mushrooms 230
    Chinese - Egg Drop Soup, 1 cup 73
    Moy Lee - Pan Fried Pork Potstickers - No Soy Sauce, 2 Potsticker 140
    Ruthie's - Donuts - Biscuit Sugar, 2 donut 256
    Spring Roll - Chinese, 2 small spring roll 50
    Trident Seafoods - Panko Breaded Talapia, 0.25 fillet (82g) 45
    Add Food Quick Tools 1,074
    Your Food Diary For:
    Thursday May 26, 2016
    Dinner
    Mushrooms Stuffed With Cheese, 4 each 81
    Cp - Wantons, 4 pieces 110
    Chinese Calorie Count - Egg Drop Soup With Noodles, 1 cup 120
    Heb Sushiya - Pork Pot Sticker, 2 pieces with sauce 105
    Golden Chick - Fried Fish, 0.5 piece 70 0
    Subway - Sprite 16oz, 16 oz 198
    Add Food Quick Tools 763

Woooo Hoooo, I know it could be better, but I am happy it is lower!
    Tell us about your food goals! Exercise Goals! Accomplishments! We want to encourage you too!!
    CJ
  • cjdsign
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10153630/why-this-group#latest
    Hey I just found this group and joined! Disabled and Overweight. Come join me there! CJ
  • cjdsign
    Options
    Ok, so this is a 3 day weekend for most of you all out there in MFP land. We are going to cook out, but I am going to do my best to limit my junk intake. After all, it is a holiday and a little junk food will be involved. So my plan is to eat something, probably a couple of cookies and call it good. Since I am making them and they are going to be around AND I know I will eat some, I will choose to eat these cookies and then make my other choices to keep under my food goals for the weekend. How about you? Are you going to indulge or be the strong one in the group *wink* !! I for one love chocolate and am going to indulge. It is ok, I know I am going to do it so there will be no let down. However, if this broken tooth still aches when it is time to devour these glorious cookies, I may have to pass on them :no_mouth:
    Enjoy your weekend and keep up the great loss and burn everyone!!
    CJ
  • bcklee
    bcklee Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Me!! I have CP. I am so glad you posted this!!
  • happyauntie2015
    happyauntie2015 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I had today off from my at home job and the neighbor had us over for a BBQ. I had a hot dog with bun and relish and a bratwurst and a Pepsi then hubby and I went for ice cream. That was my entire day of eating ther than water. I'm shocked it stayed under 1600 calories! Tomorrow i work a few hours and then we are hosting a BBQ. I am controlling tomorrow by providing a fruit tray and chicken and a nice salad and veggie tray. I provided the guests with what we will be providing so I can't wait to see what others bring! :)
  • cjdsign
    Options
    bcklee wrote: »
    Me!! I have CP. I am so glad you posted this!!

Hi bcklee! I am glad you joined us!! Welcome! :smiley:
  • cjdsign
    Options
    I had today off from my at home job and the neighbor had us over for a BBQ. I had a hot dog with bun and relish and a bratwurst and a Pepsi then hubby and I went for ice cream. That was my entire day of eating ther than water. I'm shocked it stayed under 1600 calories! Tomorrow i work a few hours and then we are hosting a BBQ. I am controlling tomorrow by providing a fruit tray and chicken and a nice salad and veggie tray. I provided the guests with what we will be providing so I can't wait to see what others bring! :)

Happy Auntie, Wow that was great keeping under calories!!! Way to go!!
    Great about planning ahead for your BBQ!! I hope you have so much fun and good friends are always a plus! :wink: