My Weightloss Makes People Angry...& That Makes me Happy! :-D

Options
Cutemesoon
Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
So I’ve lost a lot of weight and for the most part, people are very happy for me. Those who have not seen me in a long time are shocked by my weight loss. Many who see me ask what I did to lose the weight. I tell them diet & exercise. Some of them look at me like, “Yeah right.” Or “Ok but what else.” In their minds, I’ve lost waaayyyy to much weight. Lately I’ve been getting comments like, “Ooohhh. You lost SO MUCH weight!” I say thank you. Then they throw in, “You need to STOP now!!!” Or they will go out of their way to stop me and say, “So you’re going to stop losing weight now, right? But the interesting thing is that there is such anger and force behind their opinion.

This leads me to ponder over the following questions:

1. What makes people think I give a rats behind about their opinion of MY body???
2. Who determines what should be classified as “too skinny?”
3. Would people be offended if I told them to stop what they’re doing because they’re getting
too fat?
4. Why you mad tho??? Lol. In other words, why does my weight loss bother you?

I didn’t let the comments get to me at first but now I’m hearing these kinds of comments very regularly. I’m at the point now where I want to be mean when people make rude comments. If someone says, “stop losing weight” I’m going to say, “why don’t you START!” >:) Also, when people make these comments it makes me want to lose even more weight just to piss them off even more! :p

Have any of you had this or something similar happen to you? If so, how did you deal with it?

Replies

• Cutemesoon
    Options
    a_candler wrote: »
    I got comments like this too. I reminded people that I am not too skinny. It's just that they've never seen me this small and they're not used to it.
    I totally understand. I've NEVER been this thin in my teen or adult years. Skinny is relative to some folks. When I was a US size 12 people told me to stop losing weight. *Confused face*

• Cutemesoon
    Options
    @McCloud33 You look AMAZING!!! I too am still considered overweight. I'm cutting right now. Damn this stubborn belly fat! :'( After I lose another few lbs, I'm going to bulk. People don't realize that I started out with one goal. I met it but then made a new one. I'll probably always be working on something. I'm NOT going to explain myself to them. When I mention wanting to work on my belly ( I RARELY mention it btw. Plus, I only say it to those close to me) I'm told that I have no belly fat. I must be doing a great job of hiding it then. Congrats on your transformation!!!
  • Yoles79
    Yoles79 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yes I have lost a lot in the past and received jealous comments. As long as you are healthy that's all that matters.
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Thanks @cutemesoon I'm back up to around 187 right now. Even at 168 I still had belly fat. Would have had to drop another 10-15lbs to really have visible six pack. My initial goal was 185 and I hit that in about 4-5 months. Then I started lifting and now it's much more about strength and appearance than any given weight. I've been going for 2.5 years now.
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    @McCloud33 - Amazing transformation! Your not even recognizable!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!