MFP THANK YOU - 100lbs gone forever (pic and feels heavy)

Options
pbandalyssa
pbandalyssa Posts: 86 Member
edited June 2016 in Success Stories
I am so ridiculously grateful for this website. I had a previous post that was very popular here (•1000 days logged in a row, over 90 pounds lost! [pics]) that I recently had deleted. I wanted to share my story on a post that I felt comfortable keeping. I have lost over 100 pounds, but gained a whole new life. My life changed for the better the day I found out I had PCOS and was insulin resistant, as well as clinically obese. If I didn't lose weight, eventually I would die.

oukfgi2rpvha.jpg

Coupled with that, I had the worst asthma which landed me in the hospital more times than I could count, and I was developing heart issues at the young age of 21. I didn't want to go on medication. I wanted to change. So I did.

8x2ypc2u81iv.jpg
ucovwpdaqouz.jpg
su7uzpm1vdp5.jpg
0h7v86k5oyyi.jpg

As for some back story, growing up I was ALWAYS overweight! Always! I was picked on my entire life for my size. For my frizzy, untamed hair. For my acne.

i7cjhp8qqi4r.jpg
qj2lot1nka4b.jpg
hzcktr4fmuxd.jpg
1z3rdxpli3xn.jpg

So after that awful doctors appointment, I found myfitnesspal. I learned how to count calories. I started walking very, very slowly. Little by little, pounds started falling off. I fell absolutely in love with fitness. It became my entire life. I started doing things I never thought I was capable of.

z004bp01fe4a.jpg
2uzeqla7rfo8.jpg
5fs85xcpb3v6.jpg
fcnnrm7uuko3.jpg
a2c5l1kzpvld.jpg
bdmax41ezd8r.jpg
94cj58oai3ms.jpg
dvp25fjn4k5q.jpg
u8dxod0kja2m.jpg
6m8x449p828u.jpg
7unneh12so2v.jpg

I started lifting weights. I became strong. I ran a Spartan race. I learned how to do a handstand. I hit a sumo deadlift PR of 215#. I learned how to climb a rope. I learned how to throw heavy weights around. My asthma become non-existent. I am no longer insulin resistant. My PCOS symptoms have virtually disappeared. I went from 215 pounds at my heaviest to under 115. I was able to travel without carrying an inhaler. I was able to skydive without being scared I might not be able to breathe.

73qjd86f4tln.jpg
81gcunbsstb7.jpg
dzco1141calf.jpg
1q8g0dxaln34.jpg

I had the confidence to randomly dress as Sandra Dee for Halloween (disclaimer: no, I do not smoke LOL).

g2jmyg737voq.jpg

I have become a happy, healthy, radiant human being.

c8rpkhtvtt05.jpg
vamqg98cujn7.jpg

In the past few years, I gathered the courage to learn how to drive. I bought a brand new car. I paid off that car in two years. I got a well paying job in my field. I bought a house. I adopted a 3-legged pooch. I have become someone I only could have dreamed of when I was a kid. I can honestly thank MFP for helping me succeed.

I have recently decided to depart from here now that I have a handle on things and have taken my life primarily over to my instagram: @pbandalyssa

I have put some thought into returning for intermittent fasting support, as I've been recently practicing 19/5! :smile:

Please feel free to follow me there.

Replies

• carrieloveshk
    carrieloveshk Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Good job!
  • janettekathleen
    janettekathleen Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Wow - that's impressive. I'm inspired!
  • BlessedMoon
    BlessedMoon Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration, thank you for sharing your story! You look amazing!!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Holy smokes! You are a total beast! I love everything about it. Congrats!
  • maddy_smiles
    maddy_smiles Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. It's a huge inspiration. I'm alse struggling with PCOS and those lbs that wown't come off. But slow and steady wins the race. I am not giving up.
  • pbandalyssa
    Options
    You look amazing! Good job!

Thank you so much!! <3

Wow - that's impressive. I'm inspired!

I'm so glad to inspire people, that's one of my favorite parts of this journey!
  • mccokat
    mccokat Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Damn. This is super inspiring, do you have an instagram or something, because you're pictures are incredible.
  • pbandalyssa
    Options
    mccokat wrote: »
    Damn. This is super inspiring, do you have an instagram or something, because you're pictures are incredible.

I do! My handle is @pbandalyssa. It's like 90% fitness and food and 10% my dog, haha! Thank you!!
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    You are a super hero. I just can't express how moved I am by your fitness level now. So incredible!
  • Keva81
    Keva81 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congrats girl you look amazing
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Wow girl!!!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    You are my hero. I've starred this posted so I can look at it when I need encouragement and inspiration.

Thank you!
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Wow how inspiring!!
  • meryl135
    meryl135 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Fantastic whole-life transformation! Congratulations :smiley:
  • sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Just amazing, absolutely amazing!
  • Saskwatch99
    Saskwatch99 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    So great! Very happy for you! WTG!
  • pbandalyssa
    Options
    dpoolman wrote: »
    Taking control of your weight is one hell of an accomplishment in itself and you look amazing. But I am so happy you included the last part about taking control over the other parts of your life. You've inspired me and I hope your story continues to inspire others. Way to go!

Thank you so much, glad to inspire! It's crazy how changing one thing can avalanche into changing so many other things. Gaining a new perspective, gaining confidence - changed everything!
  • vincema01
    vincema01 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Wow that's awesome congrats on your complete body transformation, I am going to show my daughter what true dedication is and I did a spartan race here in Ontario Canada it was a experience that I never expected.. Going to do it again.. Keep up the awesome work your doing .
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!