edited December 2016
    Options
    Love the idea. did the ticker
    exercise.png
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 1,992 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Cool beans per any exercise! Actually, I can walk faster than I paddle sometimes, so it's not like the difference between walking/running and biking...it's just movement on water. I'd think the super athletes and bikers might want to bump up their mileage to the year (2017 vs 1000) or something like that to make it more challenging for themselves, but to each their own.

exercise.png

Oh, for those like me without a fitbit, pedometer or gps, try this site to map your distance - http://www.geodistance.com/. If you walk in a park / on trails or paddle on the water, you can turn off 'snap to roads' and you can estimate cross country / over water your mileage. I typically remember landmarks when I'm out and about, and then I turn on the satellite and build my route that way when I get home from my workout. It's an approximation if you aren't following a road or a trail or a sidewalk, but probably close enough to meet most needs. It's a simple but useful site.
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    maydaymom3 wrote: »
    I'm brand spankin' new here, but I love this idea. Total rookie: Once I've made a ticker (the visual will help motivate me...), where do I post the link? I've never used tickerfactory before.

Welcome to MFP! You post the link to your post, you only post the img- img portion of the code.
  • azsundancer
    Options
    zephtalah wrote: »
    Count me in! I might need help with the ticker too. Can I go off of my pedometer? (3000 steps =1 mile) I don't know how else to count the miles.

Sure .. I am using my Fitbit!
  • azsundancer
    Options
    I am excited about this challenge.. participating being the whole of 2017! NICE tickers everyone!
  • machelle04
    machelle04 Posts: 690 Member
    Options

exercise.png

I average 4-7 miles a day so I doubled mine for the challenge!
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hey there!

I just set a 1,000 mile goal for myself in the Running Challenge thread. I'd love to join this thread as well to help keep me accountable.

I currently run 85-100 miles per month depending on circumstances like weather and other commitments, so I think 1,000 total miles for 2017 is very doable for me.

exercise.png
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I'm in... I have some running goals the first part of the year, but hope a challenge like this keeps me motivated to stay with it the whole year.

exercise.png
  • Cheesecake2812
    Cheesecake2812 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would love to join!
    exercise.png[\img]
  • mantha970
    mantha970 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    How do I track my progress? I have the map my walk app, will that work?
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,237 Member
    Options
    hVrim6.png
  • hbo2010
    hbo2010 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm in, no running for me but trying to reach my daily step goal!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,847 Member
    Options
    How do I track my progress? I have the map my walk app, will that work?

If that tracks your miles, it'll would probably work!
  • IlanaKersch
    IlanaKersch Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I think it is a great goal and very realistic to achieve. I need to figure out the Ticker as I have never used one.
  • GrandmaJackie
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I have a question, I'm planning on doing some water jogging. It helps my legs doing it a couple times a week. I do have a Garmin to track my steps and mileage. So would I be able to log those miles too. :)

exercise.png

• hbo2010
    hbo2010 Posts: 16 Member
    Options

exercise.png

• GrandmaJackie
    edited December 2016
    Options
    :)
  • debbiemuz
    debbiemuz Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Great idea! Need to up my exercise in 2017.

exercise.png
  • azsundancer
    Options
    I have a question, I'm planning on doing some water jogging. It helps my legs doing it a couple times a week. I do have a Garmin to track my steps and mileage. So would I be able to log those miles too. :)

exercise.png

Sounds like a great workout. I think we should count any movement you can count by mlies .. including steps to miles.
  • azsundancer
    Options
    I think it is a great goal and very realistic to achieve. I need to figure out the Ticker as I have never used one.

Let us know if we can help!