Gaining weight but keeping flat stomach

Options
Hi guys I'm new here and eating a generally balanced diet. I do need to be cleaner though and eat more veg and not late at night (work).

I have a Personsl trainer one day a week and working out myself 3 days.

Any tips on maintaining a flat stomach? Naturally seem to gain weight there and my thighs, bumb and hips (which I don't mind)?

Thank you

Replies

• cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    If that's where your body likes to put the fat then you can't control it except for keeping your weight down. Any weight I gain goes right onto my thighs. Changing what you eat won't help either...unfortunately.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Liposuction is about the only thing that will achieve that.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hi guys I'm new here and eating a generally balanced diet. I do need to be cleaner though and eat more veg and not late at night (work).

I have a Personsl trainer one day a week and working out myself 3 days.

Any tips on maintaining a flat stomach? Naturally seem to gain weight there and my thighs, bumb and hips (which I don't mind)?

Thank you

The bold isn't really true. But eating more whole foods can benefit you in terms of micronutrient. Timing doesn't matter unless it causes you to eat above the levels you want.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10503952/bro-do-you-even-eat-clean#latest

If you store fat in the stomach area, the only way to stay lean is recomp. It's slower than bulking but it can be highly beneficial