• ActivatedAlm0nds
    ActivatedAlm0nds Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Thanks a Lot or Doh si Dohs
  • Boland_D
    Boland_D Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Trefoils. I'm a simple gal
    My all time favorite was back in the day. Some brownie thing. I think it was low calorie (not that I cared). Haven't had them since 6th grade.
  • dmegk5
    dmegk5 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    They use two different bakers younique80s. Savannah smiles are sold by one while lemonades are sold by the other. The one that sells Savannah smiles sells the names we remember while the other sells Carmel d'lights and all that. The Girl Scouts where I'm at just switched to the "brand name" baker so I am trying the savannah smiles and stocking up on the rest!
  • dmegk5
    dmegk5 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Do-so-dos have been my favorite lately. When I was younger it was the Samoas.
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I don't think I have ever had a "Thanks a Lot;" I thought the first response was being sassy for bringing up these sweet treats, ahaha.

High fives to all the Tagalong folks. I think they are underrated.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Trefoils. They go so well with tea!
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    Caramel delites (or Samoas - different names depending on your location).
    My daughter sells them, and has done so well going door-to-door this year. I feel like a lot of GS don't do that anymore.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Saw this in the grocery store yesterday and it kind of grossed me out. I mean, if I want Girl Scout cookies for breakfast, I'll just eat a sleeve of Thin Mints...not this!!42n8h3t5k3c7.jpg
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    I bought 2 boxes of the caramel crunch cereal but haven't tried it yet. :p
  • maybe1pe
    maybe1pe Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Thin mints all the way. Especially if they've been in the freezer. yummm
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I have 2 - samoas and thin mints!!!! I have 3 boxes of girl scout cookies at home. I have only had about 3 cookies within the last 3 weeks - talk about willpower!!!!
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Reading this, I had no idea the names of cookies were different regionally. I had to Google a number of them, thinking my local Girl Scouts were holding out of me. Lol!

My favorites are Tagalongs and Do-si-dos! Gimme all the peanut buttery goodness!
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Thanks-a-lot.

These were called Animal Treasures in the midwest and they were spectacular. The first year they came out was the year that I was pregnant, and I ate a lot of them. I don't even buy Girl Scout cookies anymore since they discontinued them because the other flavors are so disappointing.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    zdyb23456 wrote: »
    Thin mints. They were much better before they changed the recipes several years back.

Yeah really!! WHY did they take the trans fats out?? Stupid, if you ask me. They did the same thing to Twinkies and Suzy Qs, since that new company bought the brand. Yuck!

Still...thin mints...I buy like 4 boxes and put them in the back of the freezer. Then in July, I break them out and crush them frozen over vanilla and/or chocolate ice cream...Haagen Dazs, or Stonyfield organic. Dee-lish.

And BTW...what the hell is a "Samoa"?? Is this supposed to be "S'mores"? Because they're NOT. Aren't the Girl Scouts supposed to be known for their S'mores? I want graham cracker, Hershey's chocolate and toasted marshmallow, damn it!
  • LadyoftheCake
    LadyoftheCake Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Tagalongs, I would eat the whole box if I could have. Behind them was samoas. Both of those I liked to put in the fridge to get good and cold, just seemed to taste better that way, even though it didn't help my teeth that much. And the Trefoils. I love a good shortbread cookie. This year though, hadn't bought any, don't really plan to. I've seen them out and about and I go in the other direction.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Saw this in the grocery store yesterday and it kind of grossed me out. I mean, if I want Girl Scout cookies for breakfast, I'll just eat a sleeve of Thin Mints...not this!!42n8h3t5k3c7.jpg

Seriously! Does America need yet another over-processed sugar-laden breakfast cereal?? GSA should be ashamed to allow their logo on such a thing. Maybe it's just me...(it usually is just me! I'm sick of it!)
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Before celiac disease? Thin Mints. And a serving = the whole damned box.

I haven't tried any of the gluten free varieties yet.

The rest of the family loves Thanks-a-lots.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Samoas *sob* I miss Samoas so much.

These are my favorite--have been since I was a teenager. I'm so happy they recently took out hydrogenated oils from the recipe!

Alatariel75--Why can't you have them anymore?

• happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    samoas are nugant with toasted coconut and drizzled with chocolate - ahhh, cookies mmmm