trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Eat more than you burn.
  • subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    mnb767 wrote: »
    I been trying my hole life to gain weight I need tips

Make a generous portion of Pb&J sammich, eat it everyday on top of what you're having with some whole milk. Check your weight weekly, increase & decrease the amount accordingly.

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    eat more
  • jlotick86
    jlotick86 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Set mfp to calculate the amount of calories you need in order to gain at the rate you'd like (.5 or 1 lb per week; slower if you'd prefer )
    Weigh everything accurately and log it - no guessing ! Monitor your weight over a few weeks and up the calories if you need to.
    Eat back any calories you burn during exercise.
    Have a look at the Are you a hard gainer? Thread in the most helpful posts at the top of this forum.
    If you find it hard to eat big meals,try eating smaller,calorie dense snacks. The hard gainer thread gives a lot of suggestions.
    Depending on your goals you might also want to start a weight training program and there are some great examples also at the top of this forum ( sorry;my stupid phone won't let me copy the links )
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Consume more calories.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Eat more than you burn.

Or drink some of those calories.

OP, the below thread can be helpful.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1

• Jm172017
    Jm172017 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you getting per day? In general, the way to pack in lbs if you are chronically skinny is go load up on liquid calories on top of what you eat. They are less satiating than solid foods. So protein drinks tend to be your best bet. Milk if you haven't become anti-dairy.
  • bhwalsh1
    bhwalsh1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Serious mass worked for me
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Eat more than you burn.

Or drink some of those calories.

OP, the below thread can be helpful.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1

This. Read this thread.

I want to add.. if you are having difficulty, be sure to weigh and measure your food and incorporate meal prep. Usually 'hard gainers' tend to overestimate their intake and they don't realize how little they are actually eating.

And just like meal prep can help lose weight, it can help when gaining... stocking up on the calorie dense items - always having things like nuts, nut butters, dried fruit and granola handy, keeping bagels, waffles, ice cream in the freezer, make heavy meals in bulk (I made a cream based chicken dish and froze it in portions and all I had to do was boil pasta to add when I was in a rush), also smoothies are great and pretty fast as long as you have everything handy and great to take on the go.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    eat more ice cream and oreos...seriously, you need to consume more food. So yes meet macro and micro needs but go for the calorie dense stuff to get into a surplus...