Annoyed with the hubbs...warning-this is a rant.

Options

Replies

• leanne9876
    leanne9876 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    If he can't compromise why should you? I'd just do my own thing and let him go to the game with his mates but thats just me I really don't wish to spend my day with all males at a footy game but if it's something you like and want to go then you should go.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    So whats the problem with going to the tail gate afterward? Wow some people.....

I'm totally up for the tailgate and I love football... He just didn't want to wait until 2.
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    There are many things you can do. Did you let him know your plan and times way ahead? Maybe he had a different plan. When it comes to this, I think you need to bend a little. Either let him go without you and you meet up, or rearrange ur schedule.

Well he came up with this last minute...he bought the tickets last night. The appointment has been long standing since early July.

The biggest problem is that the game is in DC and traffic can be a bear-that's why were driving together.
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    Thanks all for the good advice.

I got the appointment moved up to earlier...do the workout on the way home and then shower and get to some tailgating...

Pretty sure I'll reward myself with a brat and some awesome beer.
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    2) Frequent trims do not actually promote faster hair growth

Damn it!!!! What does?
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    What do you have going on before the cut that you can't move your workout? Flexibility is what makes this thing work for me. I set the alarm this morning for 430 to go for a run, I'm exhausted, I slept until 6, I'll get my 8 miles tomorrow instead. It's not like he's asking you to go do something you're not going to have fun doing, but if you don't want to go and would rather workout and get your hairs done than do what you want and let him do what he wants.
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    Did he know about your appointment? If so, did he then make plans to tailgate and simply expect you to change what you were doing?

And if that's the case, does he always do this?

From a guy's point of view, if this isn't a regular occurrence from him, I would reschedule. If you can't/won't whatever, let him go and then meet up later. Just please, if he's had a few and doesn't immediately say how wonderful the new 'do looks, give him a pass.

LoL to the last part of your comment.

And yes-he's known about the appointment for a while...but probably forgot about it. I think he saw it as "We both just drafted our fantasy teams, this is something fun to do together...hair is hair-it can be moved. This is football."
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options

Damn it!!!! What does?

time
  • Ondreacrandall
    Ondreacrandall Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    People's schedules change LOTS, so you could wait for an opening in your hairsylist's schedule...it will happen!
    Change your appointment, and go with your husband, all happy.

This is WAY too small of a thing for you to have any kind of attitude. Use your calender and look at it together at the beginning of each month, and the beginning of each week.

Enjoy your time with husband....there will always be reasons to take on an attitude, but it wont get you to a good place, so DONT choose to go there:happy:

I agree. Don't sweat the small stuff. People matter more than a routine. Enjoy your time with your husband. He WANTS to spend time with you. It's a good thing!
  • Kellybeth16
    Options
    I'd reschedule in a heartbeat.

But that's just me.

^^^This^^^ I would say to pick your battles. Getting up a little earlier one day to work out is such a small price to pay for getting to have fun with your husband.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    Options

Damn it!!!! What does?

genetics, using good salon hair product, using a heat protector spray or lotion, and maybe collagen . . . and not shampooing every day. I have found that since I've been eating a more consistent diet my hair and nails are both stronger.
  • usc2626
    usc2626 Posts: 186
    Options
    Did he know about your appointment? If so, did he then make plans to tailgate and simply expect you to change what you were doing?

And if that's the case, does he always do this?

From a guy's point of view, if this isn't a regular occurrence from him, I would reschedule. If you can't/won't whatever, let him go and then meet up later. Just please, if he's had a few and doesn't immediately say how wonderful the new 'do looks, give him a pass.

LoL to the last part of your comment.

And yes-he's known about the appointment for a while...but probably forgot about it. I think he saw it as "We both just drafted our fantasy teams, this is something fun to do together...hair is hair-it can be moved. This is football."

It's a man thing, it will always be "hair is hair-it can be moved" for us. :happy:
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    What do you have going on before the cut that you can't move your workout? Flexibility is what makes this thing work for me. I set the alarm this morning for 430 to go for a run, I'm exhausted, I slept until 6, I'll get my 8 miles tomorrow instead. It's not like he's asking you to go do something you're not going to have fun doing, but if you don't want to go and would rather workout and get your hairs done than do what you want and let him do what he wants.

Oh I was going to work out BEFORE the haircut. Haircut was at 10:30...he wants to leave for the game at 11:30 since it's in the city. I had hoped to work out, wash my hair and go straight to the appointment...but the girl that does my hair works at a place that is further away from us now...that was the problem.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Skip the workout. It's only ONE day and it wont hurt you. Time with family and friends is important too, as is a good haircut. :)

Edited to add: Not to be a 'Debbie Downer', but... my husband is terminally ill and has 2-4 years to live. I'm trying to spend every moment with him because I know there will be that day that I'll never see him again. Reschedule and go have fun, make those memories!
  • muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Going to football games is all about the tailgate! I'm with the hubby, just miss the work out. :happy:

You have the right to be annoyed but it sounds like it won't change the situation; I'd still do the above just to keep the peace and such. My thoughts (and I realize this doesn't work in every marriage because not both people respond the way my husband and I do), 'bend' when you can, because there will be times when you just won't.
  • michelejoann
    michelejoann Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Um, work out earlier?

I wish my schedule was that free that all I had to worry about was a work out, a hair cut and a football game.

But perhaps I'm just not a "typical" girly girl. I get my hair cut when it looks like a fe-mullet. That's about it.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    Options

Oh I was going to work out BEFORE the haircut. Haircut was at 10:30...he wants to leave for the game at 11:30 since it's in the city. I had hoped to work out, wash my hair and go straight to the appointment...but the girl that does my hair works at a place that is further away from us now...that was the problem.

Before you get worked up, call and see if the appointment can be pushed earlier, the worst they can say is no. If it can, then just keep your schedule and push it earlier, if it can't decide which one is more important to you and go with it. I like football, I'd change it. I'm having the same issue, my sister does my hair . . . she lives in PA and I live in NC. I'm going on vacation next week to see her and get my hair done, my mil bought a night away for the hubs and I and we have to leave the day of my appointment at pretty much the same time I'm supposed to be walking in her salon door. I'm going to try to reschedule into her book, if I can't I'll have to come up with another plan for my hair because I am not missing that canopy tour.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I don't see why your husband can't wait another hour or so to go since you had this scheduled for a month and he just bought the tickets the night before.

I'm with you on this one.
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    Um, work out earlier?

I wish my schedule was that free that all I had to worry about was a work out, a hair cut and a football game.

But perhaps I'm just not a "typical" girly girl. I get my hair cut when it looks like a fe-mullet. That's about it.

The workout in this case was not the problem. read the above posts.

Workout before haircut...the haircut was the problem.
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    I don't see why your husband can't wait another hour or so to go since you had this scheduled for a month and he just bought the tickets the night before.

I'm with you on this one.

Well...I'm being flexible. I just changed the time for the haircut and will work out on my way home. That way we both get what we want out of the situation.