Annoyed with the hubbs...warning-this is a rant.

Options

Replies

• complicatedmoves
    complicatedmoves Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I would meet up with them later, catch the bus or taxi and then walk the rest of the remaining way to meet them. Being married has it's ups and it's downs, but nothing says you have to be joined at the hip. Especially when it comes to things such as tailgating.
  • tabitha2770
    tabitha2770 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    It's actually a myth that getting your hair cut regularly will make it grow. It does keep the dead ends off, but your hair only grows 1/4 inch every month. If you are getting it cut regularly you are cutting off a lot of your growth. If you are trying to grow your hair you should wait about 4 months between cuts and make sure you are using a really good shampoo and conditioner and also limit the heating tools on it. Once you grow it out you can start back on your regular trims.

On the problem with you hubby.... Catch up later or skip the workout just once. You can always workout the night before or treat yourself to one break.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    So funny how people don't bother reading some of the posts on the thread...and instead tear into the original poster.

Haircut moved. Workout rescheduled. Gonna go party at the game.

So please all...take a deep breath and un-twist your respective undergarments.

Thank you.
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I never miss an opportunity to drink beer. I'd reschedule my hair appointment for football and beer. but I'd still workout in the morning before tailgating.
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    I never miss an opportunity to drink beer. I'd reschedule my hair appointment for football and beer. but I'd still workout in the morning before tailgating.

That's the route I picked too.

I was able to get in early and then I can hit the gym on the way home.

Main reason I want to go to the gym is that I feel the same about the beer. I want to relax and enjoy the burgers, dogs and beer with everyone too....and still be focusing on my fitness goals.

All is well :)
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    Sounds like a personal problem.

Well...I'm so glad you read the title of the thread and took the time to give me advice. Truly appreciated.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Um, if you'd rather do you own thing with the hair cut and work out then go to the game, why don't you? If you're expecting everyone to work round your plans and no to do things without you, not cool. But if your husband is expecting you to just do what he wants -- also uncool.

My husband and I do our own things a lot because that's the kind of people we are. It would be shocking to me if my husband told me to change my plans unless it was an emergency.
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    So whats the problem with going to the tail gate afterward? Wow some people.....

I'm totally up for the tailgate and I love football... He just didn't want to wait until 2.

Redskins huh? Yeah.......2 is too late to start on the tailgate......

Not really a Redskins fan...but it's important to him (all things football are) so I am going :)
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Super Cuts.
  • usc2626
    usc2626 Posts: 186
    Options
    Super Cuts.

LOL, if I told my wife to go to Super Cuts to get her hair done not only would I'd be going to football games by myself I'd be doing a lot of other things by myself.
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    Super Cuts.

LOL, if I told my wife to go to Super Cuts to get her hair done not only would I'd be going to football games by myself I'd be doing a lot of other things by myself.

HAHAHAHAHAHA ^^ This.

The real kicker is that I cut his hair at home...so scheduling his haircuts is easy...Do a pretty good job too.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Super Cuts.

I've never been there, but I have gotten some of my best cuts at Walmart. The most expensive, fancy salons are where I've gotten the worst cuts.
  • SurfinBird1981
    SurfinBird1981 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what "tailgate" means in this context :laugh:

LMAO

In the US, before sports games people get together in the parking lot to drink and eat and have a good time before the game. "Tailgate" refers to the tailgate of a pickup truck.

Ahh ok, I'm from the UK and I don't like football :laugh: that's probably why I didn't know lol
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    I agree with a lot of what the OP is saying. It is just pre-season football (no biggie) and there will be plenty of time to tailgate. If getting that haircut is so difficult, not bending over this is the right decision.
  • SurfinBird1981
    SurfinBird1981 Posts: 517 Member
    Options

Yall don't tailgate soccer games?

Show up early sit in the parking lot with a cooler of beer and a grill?

I'm British :laugh:
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    So funny how people don't bother reading some of the posts on the thread...and instead tear into the original poster.

Thank you.
    It only bothers me if people don't bother reading the OP's post properly. Not everyone has time to read the whole thread!
    Be grateful.
    People have taken the time to respond to your concern.
    Keep a smile on your face and a good attitude, to keep that beautiful face, beautiful.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

I'm pretty sure Brits drink beer. :-) But I guess you call it ale?
  • MSeel1984
    Options

Thank you.
    It only bothers me if people don't bother reading the OP's post properly. Not everyone has time to read the whole thread!
    Be grateful.
    People have taken the time to respond to your concern.
    Keep a smile on your face and a good attitude, to keep that beautiful face, beautiful.

Well...main frustration there was people who were simply saying things that were not constructive-simply just stating their opinion...my personal favorite "Sounds like a personal problem"...why bother posting that? Purposely going onto a thread that you have no intent of giving advice on....just seems like a waste of everyone's time.

At least the original problem is solved.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

It's beer, but the point is we wouldn't see **** from the carpark :P
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

It's beer, but the point is we wouldn't see **** from the carpark :P

it happens in the carpark BEFORE the game. like four or five HOURS before. huge party before the game starts.