Living away from your spouse/life partner.

Options
Under what circumstances, if any, would you freely choose to live far away from your spouse or life partner to whom you're happily married or committed?

Replies

• tmanfromtexas
    tmanfromtexas Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    For a lot of people it is their job. I have been working away from home for years.
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    if the opportunity arose.
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    @happilymegan In what case do you think your partner being in the military would cause you to want to live apart?

@newmeadow I'm not sure I understand. If they're being held against their will, where does the choice come in?

@tmanfromtexas Do y'all live apart completely, or do you just work away, causing you to be gone a lot?
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    There are all kinds of short and long temporary life circumstances that might have you living apart. They are never wanted but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

If you are actively seeking separation, that is completely different.
  • kwph
    kwph Posts: 7,375 Member
    Options
    If we don't like the same shows
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I'd only deal with it if it was for their or my job. I'd rather have my lover with me every day though. I don't understand why someone would choose to live far away if it wasn't for a job, education or sick family.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Under what circumstances, if any, would you freely choose to live far away from your spouse or life partner to whom you're happily married or committed?

Far away is relative to the individual's thoughts. I never heard of one relationship that everybody involved was with each other 24/7.

If I love the person and we are happy, then we aren't far away from each other.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,933 Member
    Options
    Only if it was short term and temporary. But I doubt either of us would choose that.
  • tmanfromtexas
    tmanfromtexas Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    @happilymegan In what case do you think your partner being in the military would cause you to want to live apart?

@newmeadow I'm not sure I understand. If they're being held against their will, where does the choice come in?

@tmanfromtexas Do y'all live apart completely, or do you just work away, causing you to be gone a lot?

I just work away. I go home and she comes here on a regular basis. It works for us.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    MrStabbems wrote: »
    if the opportunity arose.

Boy Howdy!
  • sarraheclark
    sarraheclark Posts: 125 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    My fiance (now husband) and I did it for 3+ years when he went back to school. 900 miles is a long way but it was something he needed to do for himself. I wasn't ready to make the move, but we both agreed we were up for the challenge.

I have always felt that you have to be good for yourself to be good for someone else. The long-distance relationship proved that for me, but it may not be true for everyone. I am extremely independent; sometimes it can be a personality flaw.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    2 homes side by side with conjugal visits :0
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    My husband can move away as long as he keeps paying the mortgage. I've been married for ten years. I could use a vacay.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    bizgirl26 wrote: »
    2 homes side by side with conjugal visits :0

Not too close, now.
  • EZDUZIT68
    EZDUZIT68 Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I'm sorry - is this a trick question? You had me daydreaming for like an hour thinking through the possibilities...