Would you marry, date someone from...... ?

Options

Replies

• Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    sure.. but if the person is super religious we're probably not gonna get a long very well..
  • subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    Some people aren't accepting. I see those people as naive. If a family can not accept the person you choose to love then it seems like that is the family's problem, not yours. I don't see how anyone can say that a person of a different ethnicity, race or has any type of disability is not worthy of someone else's love. What sense does that make?
    No one has a choice in the two people that created them. A person very much has a choice in the way they choose to live their life, treat people, the actions they take, the good that they do. What does their ethnicity, color or disability have to do with that? NOTHING. There are good and bad people of every ethnicity and gender and shape and size. Lumping everyone in the same group because of a physical characteristic isn't even logical.

To me religion is a different topic because a person makes that choice and it is based off of beliefs. I am not touching that because this isn't the place for that discussion.

5eDx9.gif
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    kaizaku wrote: »
    Some say, if she can't use your comb, don't bring her home.
    Shameful.

I agree
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options

Does she have lice?
  • kaizaku
    edited February 2017
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »

Does she have lice?

Don't think so.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    tjiddy wrote: »
    IBTL

Well at least I learned a new acronym.
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    No, I won't, because I don't want to date or get married
  • kaizaku
    Options
    My wife and I are not of the same ethnic background. Never caused any ruckus. My family was okay with it. The extended family is still bummed I never held a second wedding ceremony in the home home country.

My wife's family is old school wasp folks. They proudly thump their chest about their non-homogenous son-in-law. In lower Connecticut, it's not a big deal. My brother's wife is Chinese. Very anxious to see what our children will look like. When my wife, my sister-in-law and my mother hang out together, it's a hell of a sight.

It must be a hell of a sight lol
  • ddeliciosa
    ddeliciosa Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Different ethnicity?: Yes absolutely.
    Colour?: Yes
    Disability?: Really depends on what type of "disability." I think I'd be more willing to date someone with a physical disability than someone with a mental disability (such as bipolar, depression, etc). I think that just comes down to being able to connect with someone - if we aren't mentally stimulating for each other then I don't think it could go anywhere. My current boyfriend of four years though - I've seen him in his lowest and supported him, I wouldn't just leave someone I love because they're in a rough patch.
    Religion?: This is another gray one for me. I've had a pretty winded journey of being a christian, to an atheist, to being agnostic, back to christian. I don't think I could date someone who didn't have an open mind and was very rooted into their beliefs, nor could I date someone who had absolutely no beliefs.
  • kwph
    kwph Posts: 7,375 Member
    Options
    I would but they have 2 at least hit the "Awesome" tag under my comments about 5 times, otherwise I just don't see a future
  • jenmar222
    jenmar222 Posts: 9,279 Member
    Options
    I only date other anime
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I'm holding out for Spike!

Why are you holding out for me, I don't think I know you :smiley:
  • kaizaku
    Options
    It bothers me that this is still a question. I've dated different ethnicities, I've dated women, I've dated men who have also dated men, I've dated people of religions unfamilar to me. I don't care about your ethnicity, you're sexuality or your disability. Long as there is a connection, and you're a good human being because that's what matters. The only thing that may get me is their religion. What do they believe and how closely do they follow it.

Not everyone is open minded like yourself
  • kaizaku
    Options
    I think dating/marrying someone from a different ethnic is real good. I would prefer someone different.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I would with the condition that there would be a judgement free, mutual respect for each other's beliefs! And Faith and compassion has to be present no matter from where! :)
  • kaizaku
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    I think dating/marrying someone from a different ethnic is real good. I would prefer someone different.

Interesting seeing as you started this thread and blasted me for saying people shouldn't pay attention to color or any other physical attributes.
    Glad you came around

I stand by what I said. Just because im cool with it, so many are not.
  • carbkiller1971
    carbkiller1971 Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Absolutely