Would you marry, date someone from...... ?

Options
124»

Replies

• mysunshine2016
    mysunshine2016 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    kaizaku wrote: »
    Hate those types of q? Love is love? Hate to burst your bubble sherlock life is not so sweet. So many times I hear love conquers all. It's not true. Some families don't accept, despite loving the so called lover in some cases they easily give up. Some only want to experience interracial relationships then leave. Some say they don't mind to date from other ethnic etc, and are accepting but in reality it's not true.

Some are not honest.

I married someone who was a different religion....it was really hard, especially when we had kids. It pulls hard on the relationship. Religion can be very personal but most when they get married and have kids want to share the faith, special celebrations etc. Religion and faith often becomes more important as years go by...to experience it alone or to have the kids be confused is just too much some days.
  • diezel67
    diezel67 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Nah cause I am married.
  • maxhan231
    maxhan231 Posts: 59 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    tsortsor wrote: »
    All women are violent

Yeah, always responsible for all the wars, shootings, crimes, rapes... If it weren't for all the violent women, we men would be living in a quaker state :lol:
  • kjrgarcia
    kjrgarcia Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Sure, how else am I supposed to travel the world! LOL

Kidding! I think dating different people helps define what we want in someone, who we do/don't want to be and oh yea...travel the world.
  • Dumbbell69
    Dumbbell69 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Yes I would!
  • Badger_Girl99
    Badger_Girl99 Posts: 2,220 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Marriage is lame. I'd rather live in sin.
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    DasItMan91 wrote: »
    Now that I think about it in terms of physical disability, I wouldn't mind dating but a mental disability....it depends. If they're bipolar, schizophrenic or have another mental disability that causes them to act weird and get angry at you for no reason, probably not unless they're taking medication to 100% help them not flip out. I've dealt with bipolar chicks before and bipolar people in general, they are not fun to be around with and they're annoying to deal with.

Mental health is also a no for me. I don't think I can deal with it. Specially if they are violent.

Yeah man, I've dated two chicks that were bipolar and it was not a pleasant experience. Getting mad at you for every *kitten* thing or for no reason at all really gets to you. Having to worry about their mood shifting back and forth....nah. They had their niceness to them but if I meet another bipolar chick, I highly doubt I will give her a chance unless her meds were on point.

Damn man, that must have been hard. Nothing more worse than coming home after a long day from work having to worry about how your women's behaviour would be like. It's a scary thing.
  • kaizaku
    Options
    Hate those types of q? Love is love? Hate to burst your bubble sherlock life is not so sweet. So many times I hear love conquers all. It's not true. Some families don't accept, despite loving the so called lover in some cases they easily give up. Some only want to experience interracial relationships then leave. Some say they don't mind to date from other ethnic etc, and are accepting but in reality it's not true.

Some are not honest.

I married someone who was a different religion....it was really hard, especially when we had kids. It pulls hard on the relationship. Religion can be very personal but most when they get married and have kids want to share the faith, special celebrations etc. Religion and faith often becomes more important as years go by...to experience it alone or to have the kids be confused is just too much some days.

That is true. Having a couple from 2 different religion can be very hard. That is one of many worries.
  • Joshua1703
    Joshua1703 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Looking for friends what's up?
  • tania6777
    tania6777 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    alone always alone
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Would you marry, date someone from a different ethnic, colour, disability or religion than your own? If not, why?

I have never wanted to be married, not that I wouldn't consider it.
    I am not opposed to any of the other choices listed. My choice to "date" (possibly marry...not too sure on that one) anyone with the listed criteria would be completely based on the individual, I have no biases about the options given.
  • DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
    Options
    Gimsteinn1 wrote: »
    Now that I think about it in terms of physical disability, I wouldn't mind dating but a mental disability....it depends. If they're bipolar, schizophrenic or have another mental disability that causes them to act weird and get angry at you for no reason, probably not unless they're taking medication to 100% help them not flip out. I've dealt with bipolar chicks before and bipolar people in general, they are not fun to be around with and they're annoying to deal with.

Funny, jugding by your posts I always assumed you had aspergers.

Mental illnesses are not an issue in my case. I'd date people pole as long as they're kind and spike my interest. But judgmental people with high opinions of themselves or very religious people.. Now that's something to run away from

I don't have Aspergers but nice try trying to insult me though. Good for you for dating people who are not judgmental or what not. If you wanna deal with mentally ill people, go for it.
  • kaizaku
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Would you marry, date someone from a different ethnic, colour, disability or religion than your own? If not, why?

I am not opposed to any of the other choices listed. My choice to "date" (possibly marry...not too sure on that one) anyone with the listed criteria would be completely based on the individual, I have no biases about the options given.

Nowadays people live together, and do everything what married couples do. So in that case I don't see the point. Although I would marry. Don't like the idea of having children out of wedlock.
  • DasItMan91
    edited May 2017
    Options

Funny, jugding by your posts I always assumed you had aspergers.

Mental illnesses are not an issue in my case. I'd date people pole as long as they're kind and spike my interest. But judgmental people with high opinions of themselves or very religious people.. Now that's something to run away from

I don't have Aspergers but nice try trying to insult me though. Good for you for dating people who are not judgmental or what not. If you wanna deal with mentally ill people, go for it.

Why is having Aspergers an insult? I have a dear friend who has it and it's no more insult then being fat, fit, a woman or a man. I think you really need to stop being so judgemental.

I've never been diagnosed with Asperger's before and so you assuming I had it to even though you're not a doctor and qualified to tell me is just weird to me. I have two siblings that are autistic and me and my half sister were lucky to not have it. Plus I have two friends that are autistic so I'm familiar with this disorder. Calling someone autistic can be an insult cause you're implying that that person can not function properly or has problems interacting with people or is not very smart. I'm an introvert but over time developed extroverted qualities and now I'm more sociable than I was when I was in my teens. That doesn't mean I have autism or whatever you wanna call it. And I'm just saying from my point of view that I wouldn't date a mentally ill person because I've dealt with them before. Not all of them are bad but the constant mood changes and getting mad at you for no reason or for a trivial reason really gets to you. Like I've said before, I've dated two chicks that were bipolar and I never will again because it was a pain in the *kitten*. Idc if you don't like it, it's my choice. Btw Asperger's is not a mental disorder but a developmental disorder.
  • DasItMan91
    edited May 2017
    Options

Nowadays people live together, and do everything what married couples do. So in that case I don't see the point. Although I would marry. Don't like the idea of having children out of wedlock.

Marriage nowadays has too many cons than pros especially if you're a man and have kids. I heard 50-60% of marriages end in divorce and that it's the women that are filling for divorce, not the men. That's a scary situation to be in to lose half your *kitten* to some chick who screws you over and having to pay alimony. Marriages nowadays are too risky. That's why if I ever get married, it will have to be an old fashioned chick that won't screw me over that will change my mind.
  • DasItMan91
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »

Marriage nowadays has too many cons than pros especially if you're a man and have kids. I heard 50-60% of marriages end in divorce and that it's the women that are filling for divorce, not the men. That's a scary situation to be in to lose half your *kitten* to some *kitten* who screws you over and having to pay alimony. Marriages nowadays are too risky. That's why if I ever get married, it will have to be an old fashioned chick that won't screw me over that will change my mind.

Gee. I wonder why.

Because women don't know what they want.....or the guy doesn't compliment her or pay attention to her anymore or that they lose feelings and might monkey branch to another guy or even have an affair. This goes for men too as they might cheat on their wives. It's just a *kitten* up situation that I wouldn't wanna deal with.
  • GuyWinton
    GuyWinton Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Since my only options for this question are women, and women are widely recognized as coming from another planet....I dunno!
  • kaizaku
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »

Marriage nowadays has too many cons than pros especially if you're a man and have kids. I heard 50-60% of marriages end in divorce and that it's the women that are filling for divorce, not the men. That's a scary situation to be in to lose half your *kitten* to some *kitten* who screws you over and having to pay alimony. Marriages nowadays are too risky. That's why if I ever get married, it will have to be an old fashioned chick that won't screw me over that will change my mind.

Gee. I wonder why.

Aha.. I'm just gonna stay out of this before I get banned.

RwbMl.gif

Me too. Nothing more worse than a woman's grudge :lol:
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

Marriage nowadays has too many cons than pros especially if you're a man and have kids. I heard 50-60% of marriages end in divorce and that it's the women that are filling for divorce, not the men. That's a scary situation to be in to lose half your *kitten* to some chick who screws you over and having to pay alimony. Marriages nowadays are too risky. That's why if I ever get married, it will have to be an old fashioned chick that won't screw me over that will change my mind.

Why flag this??

A lot of guys think exactly like this; I've met a ton of them.

I've also seen decent men get taken to the cleaners by their wives who are grappling with their own issues.

This is just the man's opinion (poster above); it's not threatening or hate speech.

Flagging this doesn't seem reasonable in the least.