Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

What would you cook?

Options
xzsharp
xzsharp Posts: 781 Member
edited February 2017 in Fun and Games
Your fiends are a hungry hunch and coming to your place for dinner tonight, you can have all the ingredients and conditions you want, does not need to be healthy either.

Create a three course menu and impress your friends.

Prepare your menu as you would in a restaurant, give your dishes interesting names and include a brief description of it or ingredients to help your friends.

Let's hear the menus!

Replies

• MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    fish ;)
  • xzsharp
    Options
    MrStabbems wrote: »
    fish ;)

3 course.. starter and fish dessert?
  • xzsharp
    Options
    Ice cream
    Whipped cream
    Ice cream

Ahah have a sugar feast?

Let me edit the rules, you have to prepare things yourself and your menu includes flavour, small details etc like you would see in a restaurant
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    stuffed mushrooms
    chili
    cheesecake

+wine
  • xzsharp
    Options
    stuffed mushrooms
    chili
    cheesecake

+wine

Good choice, mushroom stuffed with what?

Do you have rice or something else with chilli?

What flavour cheesecake and serving with anything?
  • jbirdgreen
    jbirdgreen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Salads/Appetizers: Bruschetta with my homemade sourdough bread and/or cowboy caviar (bean n tomato salsa) with the hint of lime Tostitos (It's the stupidestly easy thing, but it tastes so good!)...Israeli salad (Cucumber and tomato)

Main Course: Jerk Seitan (for people who like heat) and Jamaican Curry Seitan (for people who don't)...Mac n Cheese...homemade dinner rolls or Johnnycake (carribean fried flatbread)...roasted Brussel sprouts and broccoli...candied yams

Dessert: SO many options (I'm a baker) -- Probably my blueberry lemon cake or lemon pound cake.
  • xzsharp
    Options
    jbirdgreen wrote: »
    Salads/Appetizers: Bruschetta with my homemade sourdough bread and/or cowboy caviar (bean n tomato salsa) with the hint of lime Tostitos (It's the stupidestly easy thing, but it tastes so good!)...Israeli salad (Cucumber and tomato)

Main Course: Jerk Seitan (for people who like heat) and Jamaican Curry Seitan (for people who don't)...Mac n Cheese...homemade dinner rolls or Johnnycake (carribean fried flatbread)...roasted Brussel sprouts and broccoli...candied yams

Dessert: SO many options (I'm a baker) -- Probably my blueberry lemon cake or lemon pound cake.

That is an amazing menu.. love the starter, heat and the dessert!!

Would love to be your friend and crash your house anytime :)
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Pizza, Love it or leave.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    A favorite that I cook is my Homemade Mexican food so definitely not healthy but yummy! :yum:

Appetizer: lime chips and homemade salsa and Guacamole

Main course: smothered bean burritos with homemade Chile Verde with Spanish rice on the side.

Dessert: Strawberry Dacquiris.
  • xzsharp
    Options
    Pizza, Love it or leave.

Are you counting beer as dessert or starter :)

At least you are baking right?
  • jbirdgreen
    jbirdgreen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    @xzsharp Come on over; I would love to make it. It would probably be a three day ordeal, but cooking's my favorite (Buddy from ELF voice).

You actually helped me. I've eventually got to cook for my husband's family -- I was drawing blanks until I wrote that all out.
  • xzsharp
    Options
    @jbirdgreen unless you are in London I won't have the pleasure of tasting your cooking :)

Ah well I am glad I helped and thanks for the inspiration, I want Cowboy salsa for tomorrow lunch:)
  • xzsharp
    Options
    A favorite that I cook is my Homemade Mexican food so definitely not healthy but yummy! :yum:

Main course: smothered bean burritos with homemade Chile Verde with Spanish rice on the side.

Loving the Mexican theme! Your menu just needs funky names to be perfect!

I am a proper girl when it comes to strawberry daiquiri:) love it
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    xzsharp wrote: »

What kind of Funky names?
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    Roasted beets with goat cheese on arugula with a balsamic vinaigrette

Beef tenderloin served medium rare thily sliced with a red wine just, roasted potatoes and lemon scented green beans

Molten chocolate cake with sour cream vanilla bean ice cream
  • xzsharp
    Options

What kind of Funky names?

Like green chips or hot beans as the name for your starter :)
  • xzsharp
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »

Beef tenderloin served medium rare thily sliced with a red wine just, roasted potatoes and lemon scented green beans

Woman of my heart! That is a top chef level menu and layout, could pull it off even in masterchef! Very healthy and balanced dinner too.

• MsDavis99
    MsDavis99 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Because I'm a southern gal...

Welcome to Kristi's Kitchen...

Southern Fried Chicken wings - chicken is seasoned and left to marinate in my special seasonings for about 3 hours, dipped in flour and then a buttermilk and egg wash and back in the flour, fried until golden brown

Shrimp and Broccoli Pasta - Shrimp and Broccoli tossed in my homemade butter and garlic sauce place on a bed of Angel hair pasta

Chocolate Brownies and Vanilla Ice Cream - Top with Whip cream and chocolate sauce :)

and then its nap time :)
  • xzsharp
    Options
    Because I'm a southern gal...

Welcome to Kristi's Kitchen...

Southern Fried Chicken wings - chicken is seasoned and left to marinate in my special seasonings for about 3 hours, dipped in flour and then a buttermilk and egg wash and back in the flour, fried until golden brown

Shrimp and Broccoli Pasta - Shrimp and Broccoli tossed in my homemade butter and garlic sauce place on a bed of Angel hair pasta

Chocolate Brownies and Vanilla Ice Cream - Top with Whip cream and chocolate sauce :)

and then its nap time :)

Starter spot on! Can have them for main all day long :)

Nothing tops home made pasta! Specially rolling yourself.

Vanilla ice cream, simple yet so powerful

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »

Woman of my heart! That is a top chef level menu and layout, could pull it off even in masterchef! Very healthy and balanced dinner too.

I like cooking and considered being a chef. we often host dinner parties