Gain Muscle fast?

Options
What's the fastest way to gain muscle ? Just curious of different method.

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    You can't really gain muscle fast. Its a process. Find a good lifting program, lift heavy and progressively, eat at a small surplus(too much and you will gain too much fat).
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Muscle transplant!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    PED's (not recommended). Other than that, then you gain as fast as your own potential let's you. For some that's years, for some a few months.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

This. You either have amazing genetics, or you hit the anabolics (or both). Nothing else actually speeds the process.
  • blackcomaro
    blackcomaro Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Its a lifstyle... if it was easy; or free everybody would look amazing! You have to want it... how bad do you want it?
  • blackcomaro
    Options
    PED's (not recommended). Other than that, then you gain as fast as your own potential let's you. For some that's years, for some a few months.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

This. You either have amazing genetics, or you hit the anabolics (or both). Nothing else actually speeds the process.

Even steroids aren't easy... you still gottta eat like a mother *kitten* and train like one!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Even steroids aren't easy... you still gottta eat like a mother *kitten* and train like one!

True, but administered free test has been shown to cause LBM increases, even without training at all. Granted, it's not like you're going to get even remotely jacked by just doing 12 oz. lifts and shooting yourself in the thigh, but you get my point. ;)
  • blackcomaro
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

True, but administered free test has been shown to cause LBM increases, even without training at all. Granted, it's not like you're going to get even remotely jacked by just doing 12 oz. lifts and shooting yourself in the thigh, but you get my point. ;)

Agreed
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Time travel - going back 40 years would work well for me. :(

OP - as you are 20 and male you are primed to make the fastest (natural progress), don't waste those golden training years doing an ineffective training program. Pick a good one and dedicate yourself to it.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    Options
    ^What everyone else is saying. But generally speaking, ensure you have an adequate surplus (~10-15% over maintenance), adequate protein (.6-1g of pro per lb), and carbs (anticatabolic). I prefer to spread protein through the day, and have a large amount of pro/cho around my workout. This is largely majoring in the minors and I am not sure its even do anything but my lifts have improved significantly (which could be noob gains).

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Drugs + Food + Training