Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Blokes what can you squat?

yayabeaksyayabeaks Posts: 102Member Member Posts: 102Member Member
So... I may not be the strongest YET Haha! But I have a very unfit male friend dissing my sulquatting 60k and reckoning e can do a hell of a lot more. I think it's bollocks. What can you lot do?
«13

Replies

  • danielpmurphydanielpmurphy Posts: 1Member, Premium Member Posts: 1Member, Premium Member
    Hi Yaya,

    At the moment I'm squatting 120Kg, 5 reps for 3 sets.
  • yayabeaksyayabeaks Posts: 102Member Member Posts: 102Member Member
    Good going!
  • bbell1985bbell1985 Posts: 2,113Member Member Posts: 2,113Member Member
    About 108kg for 1rm
  • yayabeaksyayabeaks Posts: 102Member Member Posts: 102Member Member
    He's totally untrained, I expect him to be able to do what I can but he reckoned 180kg, and it's bollocks lol!
  • JeromeBarry1JeromeBarry1 Posts: 4,800Member Member Posts: 4,800Member Member
    Talk is cheap. Give him a copy of Dave Draper's "Iron In My Hands".
  • lkpduckylkpducky Posts: 4,394Member Member Posts: 4,394Member Member
    Sounds like he knows bugger-all about lifting. If he's totally untrained, I hope he doesn't go and try to lift 180 kg right off the bat - I'm guessing he wouldn't understand good form either.
    edited March 18
  • snickerscharliesnickerscharlie Posts: 5,490Member Member Posts: 5,490Member Member
    lkpducky wrote: »
    Sounds like he knows bugger-all about lifting. If he's totally untrained, I hope he doesn't go and try to lift 180 kg right off the bat - I'm guessing he wouldn't understand good form either.

    ^^ This. I hope he's also not stupid enough to risk seriously injuring himself trying to prove his masculinity.
  • BeauNashBeauNash Posts: 102Member Member Posts: 102Member Member
    yayabeaks wrote: »
    So... I may not be the strongest YET Haha! But I have a very unfit male friend dissing my sulquatting 60k and reckoning e can do a hell of a lot more. I think it's bollocks. What can you lot do?

    Come on, Yaya. Who TF cares?

    Just do your thing and bugger everyone else. Especially insecure blokes.
  • Gallowmere1984Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,155Member Member Posts: 6,155Member Member
    I too get my jollies by comparing my lifting potential to women. The hell is even happening here? Is this an extension of that silly *kitten* old pubbie myth that women naturally have more lower body strength than men?
  • nossmfnossmf Posts: 684Member Member Posts: 684Member Member
    Strong legs do not automatically translate into a heavy squat. The first time I tried squats I had strong legs, was already leg pressing 364kg, but my squat that first day was only 61kg. Humiliating. But with practice on form that number climbed very quickly, and today my personal best is 216kg.

    (It seems weird to see those numbers translated from pounds to kg. I much prefer using 800, 135 and 475, respectively.)
  • BrianKMcFallsBrianKMcFalls Posts: 117Member Member Posts: 117Member Member
    Probably *kitten* himself just un-racking 180kg!
  • richardgavelrichardgavel Posts: 557Member Member Posts: 557Member Member
    Just started lifting for the first time in my life 6 months ago (I'm 43) and started at just the bar. Right now I'm at 115 lb for 5x5, never tried 1 RM. Slow going...
    edited March 19
  • yayabeaksyayabeaks Posts: 102Member Member Posts: 102Member Member
    BeauNash wrote: »
    yayabeaks wrote: »
    So... I may not be the strongest YET Haha! But I have a very unfit male friend dissing my sulquatting 60k and reckoning e can do a hell of a lot more. I think it's bollocks. What can you lot do?

    Come on, Yaya. Who TF cares?

    Just do your thing and bugger everyone else. Especially insecure blokes.

    You are so right! But for some reason it really pissed me off haha!
  • XvaporXvapor Posts: 1,643Member Member Posts: 1,643Member Member
    50lbs 2 reps
  • BrianKMcFallsBrianKMcFalls Posts: 117Member Member Posts: 117Member Member
    yayabeaks wrote: »
    BeauNash wrote: »
    yayabeaks wrote: »
    So... I may not be the strongest YET Haha! But I have a very unfit male friend dissing my sulquatting 60k and reckoning e can do a hell of a lot more. I think it's bollocks. What can you lot do?

    Come on, Yaya. Who TF cares?

    Just do your thing and bugger everyone else. Especially insecure blokes.

    You are so right! But for some reason it really pissed me off haha!

    Cocky ignorance tends to do that!
  • Deadlifting_Away_DoritosDeadlifting_Away_Doritos Posts: 97Member Member Posts: 97Member Member
    All time best is 505 lbs. I currently working back from knee injury I did 365 x 5. I'm hoping to get back to best by end of summer.
  • LonsyBoyLonsyBoy Posts: 72Member Member Posts: 72Member Member
    numbers are just the equivalent of Vegans and anyone else who needs to brag to prove they are heros and superior... majority of the Olympians dont need to lift heavy for show and i doubt youll ask if they even lift haha
  • TresaAsweganTresaAswegan Posts: 888Member, Premium Member Posts: 888Member, Premium Member
    LonsyBoy wrote: »
    numbers are just the equivalent of Vegans and anyone else who needs to brag to prove they are heros and superior... majority of the Olympians dont need to lift heavy for show and i doubt youll ask if they even lift haha

    What?
  • JoRockaJoRocka Posts: 16,764Member Member Posts: 16,764Member Member
    Technically, your friend squats 0 if he doesn't squat.

    ETA: my husband pr'ed at 315lbs after working with a pl coach for 6 months. Highly unlikely, a guy can roll in and squat 400lbs on his first attempt.

    this.

    if he doesn't squat than it's Zero.

    My male friends are 400-600 pound squatters. You're friend can't come in and squat that untrained. not happening.
  • LonsyBoyLonsyBoy Posts: 72Member Member Posts: 72Member Member
    LonsyBoy wrote: »
    numbers are just the equivalent of Vegans and anyone else who needs to brag to prove they are heros and superior... majority of the Olympians dont need to lift heavy for show and i doubt youll ask if they even lift haha

    What?

    How do you know someones a Vegan? Dont worry, they'll tell you!

    If you can catch my drift of number braggers youll see why its a Wan**rs bragging tool "Oh i can lift this much" but noone really cares...
    Better to walk into a room and people know you lift big (physical muscle appearance) then be a guy that needs to brag about lifting big (small appearance or large and no muscular shape)
  • LonsyBoyLonsyBoy Posts: 72Member Member Posts: 72Member Member
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    LonsyBoy wrote: »
    LonsyBoy wrote: »
    numbers are just the equivalent of Vegans and anyone else who needs to brag to prove they are heros and superior... majority of the Olympians dont need to lift heavy for show and i doubt youll ask if they even lift haha

    What?

    How do you know someones a Vegan? Dont worry, they'll tell you!

    If you can catch my drift of number braggers youll see why its a Wan**rs bragging tool "Oh i can lift this much" but noone really cares...
    Better to walk into a room and people know you lift big (physical muscle appearance) then be a guy that needs to brag about lifting big (small appearance or large and no muscular shape)

    In your (obviously biased) opinion.

    Most powerlifters couldn't give a crap less about what people think of their physique. They're about how much weight they can put up, not kissing their biceps while taking selfies in the gym mirrors or looking like an underwear model.

    And any powerlifter who can put up serious weight isn't exactly going to look like a pansy.

    Im talking from experience from the guys who don't compete or have any real reason to lift heavy other than an ego factor, and those serious guys wont brag numbers or even care about mentioning it
  • Gallowmere1984Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,155Member Member Posts: 6,155Member Member
    LonsyBoy wrote: »
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    LonsyBoy wrote: »
    LonsyBoy wrote: »
    numbers are just the equivalent of Vegans and anyone else who needs to brag to prove they are heros and superior... majority of the Olympians dont need to lift heavy for show and i doubt youll ask if they even lift haha

    What?

    How do you know someones a Vegan? Dont worry, they'll tell you!

    If you can catch my drift of number braggers youll see why its a Wan**rs bragging tool "Oh i can lift this much" but noone really cares...
    Better to walk into a room and people know you lift big (physical muscle appearance) then be a guy that needs to brag about lifting big (small appearance or large and no muscular shape)

    In your (obviously biased) opinion.

    Most powerlifters couldn't give a crap less about what people think of their physique. They're about how much weight they can put up, not kissing their biceps while taking selfies in the gym mirrors or looking like an underwear model.

    And any powerlifter who can put up serious weight isn't exactly going to look like a pansy.

    Im talking from experience from the guys who don't compete or have any real reason to lift heavy other than an ego factor, and those serious guys wont brag numbers or even care about mentioning it

    You have a point here. Hell, my lifts are sad AF imo, and I still don't bother bringing them up unless specifically asked...and dammit, why does everyone want to know my bench? Benching is a glorified fun lift at best. No one ever asks for my deadlift. /sadface
  • sarah_K_parkersarah_K_parker Posts: 126Member Member Posts: 126Member Member
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    About 108kg for 1rm

    Squat twins! I just tested my 1RM on Sunday. :smile:

  • jpoehls9025jpoehls9025 Posts: 355Member Member Posts: 355Member Member
    I started out doing 4x4 of 135 (atg) on 1 Jan 17, its been almost four months and I have finally progressed to doing 225 lbs 4x4. The hardest thing about it was having confidence to squat around individuals who were doing 3-4 plates on each side haha, one day Ill be there too!
«13
Sign In or Register to comment.