clean eaters/or mostly - your favorite 150 cal healthy snacks???

Options
dbhDeb
dbhDeb Posts: 200 Member
I need something filling - nothing too high carb because I am prediabetic. Thanks!

Replies

• timothypcardinal
    timothypcardinal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Raw Cucumbers and tomatos w/lemon and cayenne pepper; can add raw bell peppers and onion as well.
  • kimkimcoleman
    kimkimcoleman Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Would nuts be an option for you? It would be a very small amount but I consider them filling.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    Balderson aged cheddar portions (Costco) and a pint of raspberries is about that also.
  • bedwellchris
    bedwellchris Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I know that it is carbs, but one of those small bags of popcorn is only 110 calories. Peanut butter on fresh veggies or salsa on fresh veggies, cottage cheese with whatever you want to add to it.
  • ziggyc
    ziggyc Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    an apple with a handful of almonds
  • inertiastrength
    edited March 2017
    Options
    If you can squeeze an extra 40 cals out of this snack Kirkland makes just-like-Quest protein bars with 1g sugar and 15g fibre/21g protein for less than 1$/bar.
  • stenback
    stenback Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Diced up navel orange with cottage cheese on top and some slivered almonds
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Canned tuna with a little dill relish and celery; tuna melt - tuna, little mayo, low fat cheese on a portobello mushroom in the oven; cucumber wrapped in deli meat (check the ingredients to avoid nitrates and look for lower sodium options); beef jerky; pork rinds (check the ingredients - should just be pork and salt); yogurt - I like to freeze mine with some berries; cottage cheese; string cheese; scrambled eggs wrapped in lunch meat (like a tortilla)
  • Natso29
    Natso29 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    fascha wrote: »
    If you can squeeze an extra 40 cals out of this snack Kirkland makes just-like-Quest protein bars with 1g sugar and 15g fibre/21g protein for less than 1$/bar.

I would love to try these!! what are they called exactly?
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    One can of chunk light tuna in water is 90 calories. One and a half cans of tuna is 135 calories. 1.5 cans of tuna and 3 plain almonds is 150. You're full.
  • gin_rummy
    gin_rummy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled egg! Very portable as it comes in it's own protective wrapper :smiley: . Large eggs are 71 calories each, so for 150 you could have 2 with a drop of mayo or other sauce/seasoning (or just plain!)

Any kind of raw veg will come in well under (carrot, celery, cucumber, peppers etc make good sticks, or try cherry tomatoes) - and will easily leave room for something to dip them in (e.g. hummus).

Sliced sandwich meats can also be very satisfying for fewer calories than you think. Best if you can add some veg to them - e.g. use a slice of meat as a 'wrap' and stuff with veg of your choice. I can't remember calories exactly but I used to spread a low fat cheese triangle across 2-3 slices of pastrami, add some lettuce, chopped pickles and a pinch of mustard powder - roll up and tuck in! Can be made the night before.

Damn, I'd forgotten that last one - definitely need to start doing it again!
  • inertiastrength
    Options
    Natso29 wrote: »
    fascha wrote: »

I would love to try these!! what are they called exactly?

They're just called Kirkland Protein Bars I think, they're in that aisle with the Pure Proteins and larabars :)
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Crunchy veg + protein is my basic formula but when I forget to bring or didn't have time to prepare I keep a few Kind bars around. Look for the ones with only 4 g of sugar.
  • ksz1104
    ksz1104 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    you can buy packs of mini baby brie or parmesan cheese, I love to eat these with carrot sticks. I am diabetic also. So I like nuts, greek yogurt, fruit, mini babybel...over where the bologna and lunchables are, they have little snack packs that are high in protien, and by the cheeses sargento makes "Sargento breaks" which have a good amount of protein and carbs.
  • EggToni
    EggToni Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Parmesan Crisps! <3
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Some apple with chocolate PB2 is nice, or some string cheese/mini babybel.
    Rye crispbread with laughing cow cheese.
    A piece of ezekiel bread with PB2 and banana on (I should try this with the cinammon raisin, in fact hello breakfast), or PB2 and jam.
    Luna protein bars are 170 cals.
    Couple boiled eggs. Or egg salad made with lite mayo and some crackers.
    Tuna/hummus and crackers.

• ashesnposies333
    ashesnposies333 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hummus and pretty much any vegetable makes me so happy. Especially carrots.

There is also oikos triple zero Greek yogurt. 120 calories, 14g carbs, 15g protein, no fat.
  • ashesnposies333
    Options
    Dark chocolate
  • ashesnposies333
    Options
    Lol even just eggs is low in calories
    I had eggs for a snack the other day with a cup of kale sauteed and then mixed into the scramble