Thoughts, Observations and questions and keeping myself accountable

Options
zorbaru
zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
Hi All,

I have started this thread as a type of mini blog for myself. I have tried doing a regular blog before but typing out big chunks of daily text wasnt for me. Plus I like the idea of being able to interact directly with anyone that has the patience to read my dribble.

This thread will be me writing out anything in relation to how im going, some things i have notice, and simple questions i might have that would be cool to know but arent urgent and require their own thread.

If you read it great, if not, well, I wont know anyways. here goes

Replies

• zorbaru
    Options
    as a serial starter ive always been one to say im going to start and then i never do.

for some reason this time feels different.

im back logging on here and have been eating in deficit for the last 3 days.

i havent started exercising yet but im just trying to nail the food part first. also, i have my profile set to a sedantary lifestyle but i do do quite a bit of walking for work, plus i have kids that i chase around so that would help the cause also.

i hope this feeling of determination continues on.
  • bobtater1
    bobtater1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    A quick breakfast for you called eggs and oats. Whip two eggs into a 1/4 cup of oats with splash of milk and scramble. 245 calories and you got protein,fiber, some fat, and carb and good to go in less than 15 minutes.
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    If you have trouble functioning without a breakfast, then eat a breakfast. Otherwise, don't eat one to save the calories for a more substantial, more satisfying meal later. The more satisfying meals you have the easier it is for you go long term.
  • CaladriaNapea
    CaladriaNapea Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Way to go on following through with your commitment! So far you really seem to be doing a great job! Allowing yourself to have the things you enjoy in moderation is really the way to go. I am a huge ice cream person: previously I would eat a heaping bowl (or two) of ice cream when I got home from work; now I have one weighed-out portion every couple of nights. That type of flexibility allows you to enjoy life without going overboard.

Also, don't sweat ( . . . hehe . . . ) the exercise. Working on one or two new habits at a time is a really sustainable way to go about it. It took me a month or two to add walking to my routine. A couple months after that I started actually working out. A step at a time may not be fast, but it actually gets you to the finish line.

I'm looking forward to watching you achieve your goals!
  • zorbaru
    Options
    thinking about excercise and what to do and i think i might start the c25k again.

It is a 3 day a week program and i work from home 3 days a week so that fits pretty well. Will start it next monday as the next couple of days will be spent in the garden getting it ready for my kids birthday on sunday (weeding, sweeping, mowing etc) so that will help burn some calories.
  • zorbaru
    Options
    Another day done and another day eating in deficit. A little hungry as I head to bed but I will see if I can ignore it despite the fact I have calories left for today. Will down a big glass of water and are how we go
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    keep on going, each day that passes is another victory :smile:
  • zorbaru
    Options
    just spent the late morning and afternoon digging, pulling weeds mowing grass etc and sweated a crap ton. no idea how to log it tho because it was stop start stuff and really sure on time spent actually doing it. i wont worry about logging it but also wont worry too much if i go a little over calories today. having said that i didnt eat breakfast until 10.30 so no morning snack and it is 2pm now and i havent eaten lunch yet, so i probably wont end up over my base calories today anyway.
  • zorbaru
    Options
    so i logged it as 45 minutes gardening. gave me 299 calories. seems quite high for the amount of time but figured i was out there for a lot longer so its good enough for now.
  • CaladriaNapea
    CaladriaNapea Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Initially you can use guesstimates (as you did with gardening) and over time you can look at the results you have achieved with those guesstimates and refine the system as needed.

Keep it up; you're going strong so far! :)
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I often start to feel hungry right before I go to sleep as well, but I know when I eat that close to bed I'm usually up on the scale a bit in the morning so I get a drink and go to bed:)
  • zorbaru
    Options
    Back out on the garden today. This time it is the back yard. My biggest issue is that I don't own a set of scales. I used to use my Wii fit but my wiimote is broken so I can't at the moment.

Also if anyone wants to add me to their friends list i will accept any and all
  • zorbaru
    Options
    Hrm, ate a massive dinner tonight but still managed to stay in deficit today thanks to my gardening. however the last few days i have felt smalled, but tonight i dont. probably still bloated from my food.

tomorrow is my sons birthday so heres hoping i can pull off a miracle to stay under. may have to skip breakfast and morning snack and save myself for the food at the gathering (not really a party, just family coming over)
  • zorbaru
    Options
    No logging today. For got my son's birthday was all just nibbles and it is just too hard to work out how much of each I have had. I don't think I over did it tho. I really need to get some scales so I can see if I'm making any progress
  • Sophiareed218
    Sophiareed218 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I highly suggest a body weight scale as well as a food scale!
  • zorbaru
    Options
    ive got a food scale already.

also, not logging sucks. i figured today was a lost cause and slipped badly.

back to it tomorrow

also c25k w1d1 tomorrow
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Special occasions will always be part of live, you don't want to spend your maintenance years not indulging in birthday treats so why would you when in the weightloss phase? As long as you stick to it being just one day you will be fine.
  • zorbaru
    Options
    Problem want the party. It was working of the rest of the day because I figured I've already indulged earlier may as well give in fit the rest of the day. But tomorrow is a new day and I'm back to it.