Recommend me a good protein bar type snack

Options
currently eating the Kashi chocolate almond bar. It's ok but I feel like I'm missing out

Replies

• PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Are you eating it because you need the protein for work-outs, or because they sound like a healthy snack (while you don't need the extra protein)?
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    My above question aside, I like a lot of the Quest bars. Many of them turn effin' amazing when microwaved a few seconds...

Opti and Combat Crunch seem to be popular, too. Stepbro (bodybuilder) likes'm as a snack occasionally.

I've had the Optimum Nutrition cake-bites, too. THOSE are damned good. o____o

All the above listed are 20g protein per bar/package (cake bites are 3 to a pack, so 20g for package).
  • omakase619
    omakase619 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    PixelPuff wrote: »
    Are you eating it because you need the protein for work-outs, or because they sound like a healthy snack (while you don't need the extra protein)?

I don't get enough protein in sometimes and I would like a snack that tastes good to fill me up when I'm slightly hungry

• EugeneBee
    EugeneBee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    ON, Trec Nutrition - Booste and etc
    but need eating normal food!
  • Fit_in_Folsom
    Fit_in_Folsom Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Quest are good. Expensive but good. There are others out there...I just have a hard time justifying $2.50 US for a bar. I have found them on sale once in a while...then they are a good deal
  • domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    PixelPuff wrote: »
    My above question aside, I like a lot of the Quest bars. Many of them turn effin' amazing when microwaved a few seconds...

I second this about microwaving quest bars. Especially the cookies and cream flavour and chocolate chip cookie dough. I put the bar on a plate in the microwave for about 20 seconds and then I eat with a spoon. Yum!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Probably going to have to go to the local store and buy a few brands. This is largely individual. I love quest bars (especially heated up), snickers marathon bars (favorite) and Cliff bars.
  • Jennifer1Gore
    Jennifer1Gore Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm really in love with the Special K protein bars. Bars about 170 calories and 12g protein. They really save the day when I don't really get a break at work.
  • jcraig10
    jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Zone bars - I'm obsessed with the chocolate mint.
    210 calories 14g protein $1/bar
  • rshelley3
    rshelley3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Larabars, only a few all natural ingredients, and tasty.
  • elizabethmcopeland
    elizabethmcopeland Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Oh Yeah! ONE Bars are the shiiiiiiz, specifically Birthday Cake and Lemon Cake. I like their texture significantly better than Quest Bars.

However, there is a special place in my heart for Quest Apple Pie Bars baked in a toaster oven...
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I like Combat Crunch (favs are birthday cake and chocolate flavors) and the Buff Bake Protein Cookies are delicious (but slightly higher cal)
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    I love so many bars. They're all expensive, so I only buy them when they go on sale. Quest's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough is good cold, warm, or heated. This week I've enjoyed Oatmega's White Chocolate Raspberry and Chocolate Brownie Crisp flavors. Fitjoy, Oh Yeah One, Combat Crunch, etc. are also good. B-UP bars are generally bland imo, but I did like their Red Velvet Cupcake flavor.
  • drmom21
    drmom21 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    http://yupbrands.com/ These people make a good "Clean" bar = no soy = no corn byproducts...nice and tasty with a great texture. (plus it s the only one that doesn't make me bloat or give me hives) and I have tried them all. :/
  • GoldBikiniGoals
    GoldBikiniGoals Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm 110% guilty of microwaving the Mission1 brownie bars and then putting rocky road frozen yogurt on top. 330 cals, 23g of protein. It's approximately the same calories I would spend to have the low protein version of this (an actual brownie) but I get way closer to my protein macro.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    For the price, I like Pure Protein.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Generally, I am not a fan of traditional protein bars like Quest or Pure Protein, something about the texture bothers me. My husband loves them though.

I prefer Kind bars and I have found I like certain flavors of the Luna Protein bars (specifically the mint chocolate chip and chocolate walnut fudge).
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I must be like the only person who finds Quest bars gross and I have tried different flavors. I like Thinkthin bars they have about 20g of protein and Oh Yeah (I think is the brand) bars they have one called Birthday Cake even has sprinkles on it, so good!
  • Lucas2013
    Lucas2013 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    As I don't know what your preferences are, it is impossible to make a blanket recommendation, as I don't believe in such a thing, but this article might help you out:http://www.coachmag.co.uk/supplements/6437/the-best-protein-bars-the-tastiest-and-healthiest-options?utm_content=buffer53527&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer