Recommend me a good protein bar type snack

Options
13»

Replies

• dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Oh Yeah! ONE bars. Unlike Quest, don't have to leave them on the vehicle dash board to make the palatable.

There's other "copies": Powerbar Clean Whey, Atkins Lift come to mind. For something lighter, the Luna Protein aren't bad at all.
  • fitzmonkey13
    fitzmonkey13 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I recently got a box of SimplyProtein bars at Costco. They're a crispy protein bar (around 150 calories and 15g protein, depending on the flavour).

I liked the chocolate peanut butter flavour and the chocolate caramel, but I did not like the lemon coconut flavour.

I don't want to use packaged protein bars as part of my regular daily plan, but I'm keeping a couple in my desk drawer and one in my purse for when life catches me by surprise and I need a snack that will keep me on track. I also plan to make my own protein bar snacks, but it's nice to have non-perishables for emergencies.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Protein bars disappoint. Not big enough snack. :/
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Not sure that the gucci flavor balance bars quite count, but the turtle and peppermint patty make a nice snack.
  • mmabry72
    mmabry72 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I just found these Think Thin protein bars at Meijer.
    http://shop.thinkproducts.com/thinkThin-High-Protein-Bars/c/ThinkProducts@ThinkThin
    Very good and 20g of protein and 0 sugars! I usually go for Quest Bars, but these are my new go to bar.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I just tried Pure Protein Plus chocolate chip cookie dough bar. It was actually pretty impressive as far as taste and texture (the regular pure protein bars are gross). I'm looking at an apple pie one right now. 190 cals (I think the cookie dough was 200), 20 g protein, and watch out if you don't presently get a lot of fiber because this baby packs 16g in one shot. Ka-boom.
  • omakase619
    omakase619 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I just tried Pure Protein Plus chocolate chip cookie dough bar. It was actually pretty impressive as far as taste and texture (the regular pure protein bars are gross). I'm looking at an apple pie one right now. 190 cals (I think the cookie dough was 200), 20 g protein, and watch out if you don't presently get a lot of fiber because this baby packs 16g in one shot. Ka-boom.

That's what I ended up getting with some premier protein shake. I'm very pleased with my purchase. I will try the other ones suggested.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    i buy clif builder bars. their 'energy' things are gross imo, but it's taken me some time to get to the 'can't face another builder bar' point. basically, i guess they're too sweet for me to handle as an everyday thing.

i liked a temple coconut bar that i tried once. but again, sweeter than i think it needed to be.