Getting started on Keto!

Options
Hey guys! I need some help/insight to living the keto lifestyle!! I have made some DRASTIC changes in the way I eat and have been for 9 days now! I try to keep track of the macros and I feel like it's all over the place...HELP!! Thanks :)

Replies

• jthomps123
    jthomps123 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Just started a couple days ago myself! After a month or so of a very low-card diet it seems like an easy transition.
  • lokatelynve
    lokatelynve Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I began keto in mid January (I can't recall the date but sometime around the 10th or so) so I am still learning. I have lost exactly 40 pounds as of today (my first goal). Personally I eat only meat, seafood, low carb veggies, eggs, minimal cheese, heavy whipping cream in my coffee, and one premier protein shake daily. I've tried various weight loss methods over the course of the past 5 years and nothing has really made a difference until I discovered keto. I try to keep her carbs under 20g a day and it's worked for me. Google keto macro calculator and that should help you figure out your limits and goals.
  • hellab24
    hellab24 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Same here just started almost 2 weeks ago. Still trying to figure it out. I also need help from others. Add me If you'd like
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I am a keto'er who has lost 101 lbs. with 20 to go ....Feel free to join this amazing group...this is where most of us low carbers, keto'ers hangout.....you are welcome to add me ..I would love to be anyone's cheerleader ...wishing you much success :)
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Definitely come check out the low carbers daily forum. Lots of keto people there and a great resource!
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member
    Options

you can add me and check out my diary. i am doing some experimenting now testing my ketosis, but it won't stay like that much longer.