lost 50 to 52 lbs still look like a fat *kitten*

Options
So i went from 252 ish to 202 on jan 6th. I am 5' 11" Now i am back to 210 why do i still look like a fat *kitten* with boobs.

I walk 7 miles every second day i eat less then 1200 cal and no i don't feel better No i don't have more energy No i don't look any different except i went from 38 pants to 36. but now i look stupid in what are now baggy pants.

What's next is surgery the only way to look good

Replies

• txBen01
    txBen01 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    lol they replace the F word with kitten i definitely used the F word.
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Yep, I agree about the resistance/strength exercises.

OP, if you don't want to lift weights, bodyweight exercises, e.g press-ups, sit-ups, planks, are an option.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Unless your doctor has told you to eat this little it's not healthy for a man to be eating under 1500 calories per day and is absolutely unnecessary for weight loss. You are doing yourself no favours, and will probably look and feel much healthier if you eat properly.

^^^This is also likely the reason you don't feel any better or have more energy as well. You need to be eating appropriately to fuel your activity level. Less than 1200 is way too little, especially since you've lost nearly 50 lbs in that short of time frame. That's too aggressive of a loss.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    You lack energy because you aren't eating enough. I'm (trying) (and mostly failing) to stick to 1200 this week to bank for a big weekend and it sucks! I'm female, shorter and lighter than you, and 1200 isn't even enough for me.
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I also agree with others the fact you're eating so little is a problem especially since you haven't mentioned if you're eating back the calories you also burned from working out. I think not 100% sure but one of the things you probably lost was muscle which in turns helps keep the body more tight you've lost muscle loss which in turn probably has you dealing with loose skin. The healthy rate of loss a loss of at least 2 pounds a week some recommend even less such as 0.5-1 pound, and also eating more and eating the calories you burned. The minimum for a guy is 1500 calories, but at a slower rate you could've been able to eat more and still lost weight.

I also am curious if you've incorporated strength training into your routine which does help in working out more muscles.

Eat a lot more if you still want to lose weight reduce it down to 0.5 pounds MFP will give you a new calorie number, incorporate strength training into your routine, and know it's better to go slow with weight loss and be able to nourish yourself.

If you have no other weight to loss see recomposition might work for you.
  • omakase619
    omakase619 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Pics? Bro you lost 52 lbs give yourself some credit
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    omakase619 wrote: »
    Pics? Bro you lost 52 lbs give yourself some credit

Definitely congrats on the weight loss Op!! How long did it take you?
  • txBen01
    txBen01 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ok it took me about 4 to 5 months to loose the 50 + lbs i weigh my self every morning and found that when i was at 1500 1600 cal i did not really loose weight. .5 lbs a week but when i go to below 1200 i could loose 2 some times 3 lbs a week. I am 52 years old maybe i am over reacting lol mid life crises.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    txBen01 wrote: »
    Ok it took me about 4 to 5 months to loose the 50 + lbs i weigh my self every morning and found that when i was at 1500 1600 cal i did not really loose weight. .5 lbs a week but when i go to below 1200 i could loose 2 some times 3 lbs a week. I am 52 years old maybe i am over reacting lol mid life crises.

Problem is, you're likely sacrificing a lot of muscle to lose faster. That's really not going to get you where you want to be, visually speaking.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    edited March 2017
    Options
    txBen01 wrote: »

It's mathematically impossible to lose 2-3 lbs at 1100-1200 but only lose 1/2 at 1500 calories because your maintenance calories are 2200-2700. At 1200 calories, you would be averaging 1000-1500 calorie deficit per day. Adding 250 calories, isn't going to shrink that exponentially. At best, it was water weights masking fat loss.

But also, losing 2-3 lbs/ week is super aggressive and a guarantee for increase muscle loss.