'Gentle' Step Support April 2017

Options
I have been on two different step challenges that have both been 10,000 steps challenges. Everyone starts out all gung-ho...got a gazillion steps in today or this week...and then, they are gone! I don't know if members just lost interest or the 10,000 steps were just too much for someone just starting something like this.

What I would like to start is something more realistic for people who work in offices or are just starting out as far as walking is concerned.

There would be no limit...top or bottom...just recording steps taken in a day. The goal would be your own and, I think, would be a little easier to maintain if the only person in competition with you would be YOU. This would just be a place to record what a person is doing and maybe help with motivation to keep moving forward.

How this would work is for each person to record how many steps taken in a day...or a week...or how ever you would want to do this. Record it even if you only took 100 steps or 30,000 or anywhere in between. With this gentle challenge, there would be no failure, no judgement. As I said, the goal is your own.

For those of you who are new to this walking thing, please don't let the amount of steps I and some others take in a day be daunting. I really meant what I said about this not being a competition!

Some of us will take a whole bunch of steps in a day, some of us will take fewer steps a day but just remember, every step each one of us takes is a Victory!

The above was written by Wysewoman53 when she started this challenge many months ago. She is not with us right now but there are many of us who find this thread so helpful we are keeping it going until she comes back.

Another thing many of us are doing to challenge ourselves is choosing a destination, figuring out the miles and walking towards that goal. I am a big Lord of the Rings fan and I am walking to Mordor (right now I am floating down the Anduin). Another kindred spirit is walking Bilbo's journey in the Hobbit. One of us is counting the miles between their home in Canada and where they were born in Scotland. There are others on the board who are walking to their favorite vacation destinations. It is just another fun way to motivate ourselves. We are all finding what works best for us.

At the top right side of the page there is a hollow star, click on it, it will turn gold, and bookmark the page, so you can find us easier. I hope you will join us in walking our way towards health.

Replies

• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    1 Apr

3,710 steps - 0.98 miles
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    1April

21980 steps - 9.74 miles
  • alcsdc
    alcsdc Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    April 1 - 10013!
  • rosiegirl2010
    rosiegirl2010 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    April 1, 2017
    6101 steps
    2.76 miles
  • ddveedub
    ddveedub Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    April 1
    4187 steps
    1.74 miles
    8127.43 left
  • Amethystwolf
    Amethystwolf Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    4/1/17
    12,119 steps
    5.06 miles

4/2/17
    8,580 steps
    3.59 miles

91.35 miles left
  • spikeyhair
    Options
    2 Apr

7,126 steps - 2.11 miles
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    2 April
    17248 steps - 7.64 miles
  • amyrooni
    amyrooni Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Love that this is a personal best challenge as the 10,000 per day is too much for me at this point. Thanks for keeping this thread encouraging us to keep moving!

Sat, 4/1= 6,700
    Sun, 4/2= 9,100

"No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everybody on the couch."
  • likenbooks
    likenbooks Posts: 45 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I've just recently started counting my steps so this is great timing, thank you. Here are my steps for the past 2 days:

April 1 = 6265
    April 2 = 3000
  • alcsdc
    alcsdc Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    April 2 - 10,005 or 4.26 miles!
  • hlblakeley
    hlblakeley Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Happy April. Just checking in for the week here, I'll post my final March numbers on the other board. Have a great Monday.
  • ddveedub
    Options
    It's very difficult to walk with purpose when it's beautiful here. We kept stopping and taking snapshots of the ferries and naval vessels in port. Western Washington is really very lovely when it's not raining. Anyway,
    4/2
    8850 steps
    3.68 miles
    8123.75 left to Uluru
    I need to remove my March star.
  • alirezamrd
    alirezamrd Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am on board! I gained weight again due to stress eating and working but I want to feel good again!
  • rosiegirl2010
    Options
    April 3,2017
    2125 steps
    .91 miles
    4504.09 miles to go
    Had to take it easy today, had a fall yesterday, went to emerg, have a concussion, so will be very gentle this week. Hope to be better next week
  • spikeyhair
    Options
    3 Apr

7,962 steps - 2.71 miles

Rosie hope you feel better soon
  • likenbooks
    likenbooks Posts: 45 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    April 3, 2017
    5589 steps - 2.0 miles
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Rosie I hope you are ok, you take it easy.

Welcome to all the new comers.

I started a job where I am on my feet all day so my step count has gone way up.

3 April
    15018 steps - 6.65 miles
  • ddveedub
    Options
    Rosie feel better soon!
    4/3
    10380 steps
    4.44 miles
    811.31 miles to go
  • rosiegirl2010
    Options
    April 4th, 2017
    4049 steps
    1.74 miles
    4502.35 miles to go
    Another gentle day. Feeling a bit better. Thank you for your well wishes. I must be careful though, once I start to feel better, I overdo it..not a good idea!