Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Do you think a real love is exist?

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,556 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    LadyLilion wrote: »
    It exists. What my husband and I have - it's real. Well, okay, I can only speak for myself...but I believe he feels the same way. I feel as though he is truly my soul-mate, my missing piece. It's a feeling of completeness and contentment that you really can't explain. We met later in life, in our very late 30's, so it isn't like I had no experience with romance and relationships. This is different. We've been together 18 years. Married 17. We've had squabbles, I'm sure we've hurt each other's feelings, but nothing like a serious fight in all that time. Even in our worst moments, I'm never afraid for my relationship; never worried we won't make it.

There is nothing like the "real" thing.
    But how do you REALLY know? What if you met someone else with the same features, personality and traits, but less of the flaws that may annoy you and you get more love and attention from that person in return?
    There are 4 billion people on Earth. You've probably had less than 50 relationships, so how do you really know?
    I'm not trying to throw doubt in your current relationship. I just think the whole "soul mate" thing is over simplified.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Options
    Good answer Megan. I agree, I think it does exist but seeing how two people can act as one team is difficult at times.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    Of course!!! The ability to Love and be Loved is the greatest gift that God has given each and every one of us! The difficult part is finding the right one to share that gift with!

Never give up....
    Love & be Loved my Darlings!!! :heart:
  • khorshidnaz16
    khorshidnaz16 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Not really. Most of the time, is good starting, but not good ending.
  • finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    Options
    Yes . When you find it you will know . It will be fun , effortless , and perfect .
  • bigmuneymfp
    bigmuneymfp Posts: 2,235 Member
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    You will know the answer to that the moment you become a parent.

Of course this. There is no greater love in my opinion.

In my opinion it's the only unconditional love. Everything else is conditional. And I say that as a happily married woman of 12 years.

You're spot on again!
  • LadyLilion
    LadyLilion Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    It exists. What my husband and I have - it's real. Well, okay, I can only speak for myself...but I believe he feels the same way. I feel as though he is truly my soul-mate, my missing piece. It's a feeling of completeness and contentment that you really can't explain. We met later in life, in our very late 30's, so it isn't like I had no experience with romance and relationships. This is different. We've been together 18 years. Married 17. We've had squabbles, I'm sure we've hurt each other's feelings, but nothing like a serious fight in all that time. Even in our worst moments, I'm never afraid for my relationship; never worried we won't make it.

But how do you REALLY know? What if you met someone else with the same features, personality and traits, but less of the flaws that may annoy you and you get more love and attention from that person in return?
    There are 4 billion people on Earth. You've probably had less than 50 relationships, so how do you really know?
    I'm not trying to throw doubt in your current relationship. I just think the whole "soul mate" thing is over simplified.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I know. Head to toe, front to back, I know. I wish I could explain this, but I can't. I know this the way I know my mother loved me.

Love is the one thing you can't explain, you can't prove scientifically. But that doesn't mean it isn't real.
  • DJ_Skywalker
    DJ_Skywalker Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Still waiting for my storybook love
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I know. Head to toe, front to back, I know. I wish I could explain this, but I can't. I know this the way I know my mother loved me.

Love is the one thing you can't explain, you can't prove scientifically. But that doesn't mean it isn't real.

I so agree with you. You know. It cannot be explained. I thought I was in love before and then I met him and it truly was soulmate, we circled each other for years, family (never met), moved 3000 miles away in the same exact town (never met), both moved back here and started talking through family connections and when we finally met we worked less from a mile from each other. It was like the universe kept telling us "here they are" but we kept missing each other.

• MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    Nope, its one barren relationship to the next full of lies, subterfuge and mistakes until you die. Sometimes they last most of your life.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    True love--ah yes.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Love in a romantic relationship/life partner type? Yes, it exists - just not for me. I saw it with my mom and dad before my mom passed. I have friends and family whom seem to have found their "true" soul mates. It is just not meant for me, but I love myself :smiley: I'm happy with the rest of my life.

I love my daughter and son unconditionally, so I do feel that type of love exist for me!!! <3
  • Dazzler21
    Dazzler21 Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    As with everything in life you get out of it what you put in.

Love requires Effort, if you're willing to put in the effort, you're likely to find real love.
  • _Captivated_
    _Captivated_ Posts: 5,669 Member
    Options
    No.
  • SojournerThirteen
    SojournerThirteen Posts: 28,204 Member
    Options
    Absolutely I
    * have experienced it
    * cherish it above all
    * choose to give unconditionally every day
    * have experienced unexpected losses of it
    * have had one loss nearly destroy my soul
    * do my best to choose love <3 always
  • _SummerGirl_
    _SummerGirl_ Posts: 3,791 Member
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    I believe it does and true love is effortless. I don't think it should take "work" to really love someone. What takes work and effort is making a relationship last. The love part is a no brainer.

This

<3 you j
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,137 Member
    Options
    Sure...but I think it is rare and real love doesn't happen overnight...a relationship can grow into real deep love..it takes learning about the person and caring about that person more than yourself...and I think the relationship grows best through adversity....if the relationship can survive adversity, it will be a wonderful one...forged in fire, if you will....
    Unconditional caring, concern....there is no love at first sight, but lust at first sight...See Shakespeare's Sonnet 116...
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Sure, real love exists.

It doesn't always look like you want it to or feel like you expect though.
  • LVNF04
    LVNF04 Posts: 2,607 Member
    Options
    Yes I think it does exist if you come in with the mindset that nobody is perfect and we are prone to make mistakes. Accept them for who they are, as well as accept yourself for who you are. Do not try to change them.