High, lean protein ideas?

Options
curwhibbles
curwhibbles Posts: 138 Member
Hi! Looking for suggestions. Particularly for lunch and late snack. Let me know what you like!

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I'm content to snack on meat for my protein needs - chicken, pork tenderloin and turkey are all high protein/low fat and carbs and are as good cold as hot
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    fish, poultry, lean cuts of beef/pork, eggs and egg whites, greek yogurt...
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt, cottage cheese (there are non-fat versions of both that are particularly high protein and low calorie).
  • ritzvin
    Options
    a bit higher in fat, but hard-boiled eggs, as well.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Reduced fat dairy, seafood, beans
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    I buy either lean ham or turkey (deli slices) at the store, make myself a sandwich with mustard, the ham (or turkey), cheese, and lettuce and tomato. I generally eat a serving of cottage cheese with it for lunch. My other usual things are salads with light dressings for lunch or I'll cook turkey or chicken (boneless/skinless) the night before and make extra so I have leftovers for lunch the next day or two. The last couple of days I had a mixture of salads and turkey cutlets (98% lean) that I grilled in the evening and ate for two lunches this week on whole grain bread. Lots of ideas, but most of mine center around whatever lean meat I cooked the night before and have leftover (usually chicken, turkey, pork tenderloin) to eat for lunches. The other option is egg sandwiches, egg salad, or eggs in my salad (boiled) to add extra protein and flavor.
  • ritzvin
    Options
    Example:

jzpub1egru8x.jpg

Cottage Cheese & Jam w/ crackers
    33iaznfo60nd.jpg

Hard-boiled egg on crackers w/ dijon mustard
    qnmc7knw3wx1.jpg

Yogurt w/ Jam & Granola
    u3v1a066k85v.jpg

• curwhibbles
    curwhibbles Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Reduced fat dairy, seafood, beans

I always forget beans!

Thank you guys. Really great ideas
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,315 Member
    Options
    I buy the ham cubes & very lean ground turkey often
  • dabearo
    dabearo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I buy Canadian bacon from the deli. Great cold, on a salad, in a wrap, warmed with eggs, or just a quick snack.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Tuna in water and water. There's nothing higher and leaner in protein, although I must have a bit of black pepper with mine.
  • ejsilvi
    ejsilvi Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Eggs are easy also cottage cheese is good for me tuna is good too almond butter too
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    My go-to is deli chicken and turkey breast. Around 60 calories in 2 oz of meat for 8g protein. My current fave is the Oscar Mayer Blackened Chicken Breast and the Oil Rubbed Turkey Breast from Gordon Food Services.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    shrimpy shrimp shrimp shrimp

Lots of times I'll throw a bunch of the cooked ones in a container (still frozen) and they're thawed in the fridge at work by lunchtime. I make my own cocktail sauce with reduced sugar ketchup, lemon juice and horseradsish, so I'll bring a little container of that. 'Cause I'm fancy. :p
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Mycophilia wrote: »
    This image popped up on my facebook feed today and I thought it was pretty neat.
    wdfe1xy2ymo6.jpg

no shrimp! that is probably one of my go-to protein sources - 4oz is 22g protein and 1g fat
  • roxymperez
    roxymperez Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Tuna packets/deli chicken&turkey rolls/shrimp/cottage cheese/hard boiled egg whites
    all my go to's :)