High, lean protein ideas?

Options
2»

Replies

• curwhibbles
    curwhibbles Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Tuna in water and water. There's nothing higher and leaner in protein, although I must have a bit of black pepper with mine.

I mix with a bit more....
  • duanevaux
    duanevaux Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Egg whites low in cal night in protein!
  • zessis00
    zessis00 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I often but chicken breast in my crock pot. Slow cook for 4 hours on low with some chicken broth or terriaki sauce. I also ma use bbq sauce or salsa,... anyways at the end you can shred it. Very low Cal and high protein and I use it on my salad or with veggies. Quick and easy!
  • pitponies
    pitponies Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My favourite low-cal good protein lunch is simply two poached eggs and loads of spinach, I stuff as much spinach as I can in a soup sized bowl and microwave for one minute, then meanwhile start poaching two eggs, load as much chilli as you like and a little salt and black pepper on the spinach mix and re micro for one more minute, top with cooked eggs and more chilli, I like it Hot!
    This is satisfying and tasty. (NB I don't eat meat so choices are more limited)
  • Tennisskater
    Tennisskater Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Rotisserie chicken (no skin), fresh spinach leaves, a tomato chopped and 1/2 cup of Costco coconut curry sauce. Microwave in large bowl for 2 min.

About 300 cal but very filling!
  • carolinelovesmaon
    carolinelovesmaon Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Lentils are super high in protein, as well as any other bean. Sometimes I make a little bean salsa and put it in a little wrap with avocado, alfalfa sprouts, lettuce and tomato. It has no cholesterol and the only fat you get is from the avocado which are good fats! As long as you make it low sodium then it's super healthy and tasty!
  • sophiebryce2
    sophiebryce2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try these- so good. Thai chicken cakes. 5-6 chicken breasts, a whole small-medium bunch coriander, thumb sized piece of ginger, 1-2 cloves garlic, chopped red chili, splash of lime juice, salt/pepper, teaspoon red curry paste (optional). Also add in anything else you like, lemon grass, thai basil... Anyway. Adjust recipe to suit what you need, I've done 8-9 breast at a time for meal prep. Put in food processor, portion into small flat patties. Refridgerate for half an hour, fry for a few mins each side. Eat with sweet chili or squeeze lime on top. SO GOOD.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    You can look at my diary today. I got 204 grams of protein somehow. Dang.