Is there any lifting that helps to tighten the chest area for women?

Options
2»

Replies

• Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    I mean...boobs are fat. You can't expect much from lifting. That said, I bench press 3x per week and I have a small chest, but I have like...pec cleavage. I like it.

Not all boobs are only fat. Female breasts are composed of fat and gland tissue. If they were only fat, women could not breast feed their children.

Age, hormonal changes, and size of the breast have a lot to do on how they look and how much they drop after losing wt or just by getting older. No exercise will change that.

Pec exercises will help the upper part of the chest but will not affect the breast tissue. A good bra will do wonders.
    Ha, Gisel, I must have been writing practically the same thing at the same time!
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,136 Member
    Options
    @Semiblue
    You are right but with only 3 hrs difference. I am in the west coast :D
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Yup, strengthening my pelvic floor really makes my breasts perky.
    Kegels.

Cheers, h.
  • erinlane93
    erinlane93 Posts: 170 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    From loosing weight I have noticed your breast do get the brunt of it.... unfortunately. However training chest does help, a lot. Decline exercises really do help to "perk" your chest up also. The difference is my chest is crazy compared to when I wasn't lifting as heavy, it does transform your chest and make it look "toned".
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Cat3141 wrote: »
    jseams1234 wrote: »
    "Pectoral exercise won't firm breast tissue because it contains no muscles. Breasts are made up of fatty tissue and are thus immune to any weight-lifting routines you may have in mind.

^^^^ THIS!
    "However, developing your pectorals with go a long way toward creating an upper body shape that eliminates sag and gives the impression of perky breasts."

http://www.livestrong.com/article/332034-weight-lifting-for-sagging-breasts/

You breasts might appear bigger or perkier if you increase the size of your pectorals, but that will depend on where your breasts fall. I have a visible "bump" from my pecs, but my my breast tissue is low enough that I have a bump from my pecs, and then my boobs well below it. It's not what most people would consider aesthetically pleasing.

Also, "light lifting" is going to do little to nothing to build muscle. A lot of women probably get more muscle activation carrying their purse than a 2 pound dumbbell is going to give them.

Me too! I was just describing this same phenomenon in another thread. It is not aesthetically pleasing. In fact, it's just rather strange looking.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I've been using fitness tubes for a few months. There's one exercise here (the last one) that's great for pecs. I will say that my band size has gone down from a 44 to a 40 and my cup from a DD-E to a C-D, though how much of that is the strength training and how much is just 'I lost nearly 54 lbs in 6 months and some of it was off my chest!' I can't tell you. I can tell you that for the first time in, like, ever, I feel in proportion and the bras I'm wearing are 'fun' not just 'functional'.

https://youtu.be/ou0n5aO_K9Y
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    erinlane93 wrote: »
    From loosing weight I have noticed your breast do get the brunt of it.... unfortunately. However training chest does help, a lot. Decline exercises really do help to "perk" your chest up also. The difference is my chest is crazy compared to when I wasn't lifting as heavy, it does transform your chest and make it look "toned".

Email me those exercises lol I need to know!
  • cbl40
    cbl40 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    "Pectoral exercise won't firm breast tissue because it contains no muscles. Breasts are made up of fatty tissue and are thus immune to any weight-lifting routines you may have in mind.

^^^^ THIS!
    "However, developing your pectorals with go a long way toward creating an upper body shape that eliminates sag and gives the impression of perky breasts."

You breasts might appear bigger or perkier if you increase the size of your pectorals, but that will depend on where your breasts fall. I have a visible "bump" from my pecs, but my my breast tissue is low enough that I have a bump from my pecs, and then my boobs well below it. It's not what most people would consider aesthetically pleasing.

Also, "light lifting" is going to do little to nothing to build muscle. A lot of women probably get more muscle activation carrying their purse than a 2 pound dumbbell is going to give them.

Me too! I went down a bra size but have built up my pecs-not so pretty, lol!
  • Bahamababygirl
    Bahamababygirl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    erinlane93 wrote: »

Email me those exercises lol I need to know!

Email me too pls haha
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    I've been using fitness tubes for a few months. There's one exercise here (the last one) that's great for pecs. I will say that my band size has gone down from a 44 to a 40 and my cup from a DD-E to a C-D, though how much of that is the strength training and how much is just 'I lost nearly 54 lbs in 6 months and some of it was off my chest!' I can't tell you. I can tell you that for the first time in, like, ever, I feel in proportion and the bras I'm wearing are 'fun' not just 'functional'.

https://youtu.be/ou0n5aO_K9Y

I'd say it's the "lost 54lbs in 6 months" part reduced your boobs :p

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Possible, but the exercises haven't hurt!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    another thing though is even if you were to lose weight,some women's breast wont get smaller,I know for me I lost band size and thats it,cup size stayed the same. lifting didnt do much for them either. they look a little more lifted but thats it
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I just do a decent amount of the 'pec deck' machine in my gym.
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options

^^^^ THIS!

This.

I have visible pecs, which I can flex visibly above my breast tissue but because my breasts are slightly larger they're not really "perky" because of it.

Also, don't bother lifting light weight - go out and move something heavy ;)
  • GottaluvFood
    GottaluvFood Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Chest butterfly exercises or the dumbbell chest press--rather similar.

http://woman.thenest.com/benefits-chest-butterfly-exercises-18696.html OR
    http://www.askthetrainer.com/best-chest-workout-for-women/

Strengthening your chest will help your posture...really. You need strong chest muscles to help hold up your shoulders & neck. Otherwise, you shoulders will become rounded. Any woman looks better with a good posture. Plus a strong chest will give you overall upper body strength, which is used in just about any outdoor activity. It's fun to be strong.

2.5 pounds is not going to do anything. I recommending going into the weight room & lying on a bench. This will allow you to use higher pounds, because your back is supported. Three rounds of 15 reps, as much weight as you can do. I've worked up to 20 lb dumbbells, myself. As young as your picture looks, assuming that you are overall healthy, start with 10 lb & see if it's too heavy/light. Don't worry about looking too muscular. You'll look great!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,506 Member
    Options
    You can affect the "muscle tone" under the breast, but "lifting" and "firming" you breasts ain't gonna happen especially if you're losing weight and don't have great genetics to keep them firm on their own.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png