Cutting for hols

Options
Any other weight trainers cutting for their holidays. I'm currently 22.8 bf after a bulk looking to get to around 14 for my holiday in August. .. Without losing too much muscle. Share your experience and tips here.

Replies

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    I'm dieting down for vanity/holiday at the moment as well. Just coming to the end of a 4 week hard cut, taking a week off when I'm abroad then another 4 week stint. Currently sitting at 220ish and about 11-13% bodyfat hoping to get into single figures.

Best advice is keep lifting weights, create a calorie deficit, get enough protein and generally be as active as you can to keep TDEE high.
  • Jpefitness
    Jpefitness Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Cheers for the advice buddy I'm already on the right path it seems luckily I have preworkout to aid my lifting whilst in deficit.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Small to moderate deficit, heavy lifting and still adequate protein (.8-1g per lb).
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    What they said. I'm leaning out a bit for some races and summer vanity. In the middle of six weeks of a small deficit and will re-evaluate after getting another dunk tank May 25. My best advice is to be careful of what you say when you're hangry.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I just started easing into cutting for summer. I really need to fit into my clothes because walking around in gym clothes all day is no bueno. I am already getting hanger headaches. It sucks :#