Weight gain

Options
Hi, any advice on foods for weight gain. Thanks!

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    All the foods. :)

Calorie dense ones will help get cals up with the least volume which may make life easier for you
  • wacker1994
    wacker1994 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Calorie dense foods.. oils, nuts, nut butters, seeds, avocado, granola, trail mix, full fat meat and dairy, dried fruit, juices, bagels, pasta, ice cream, cookies, etc
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    In addition to the above, you could always bulk like I do, assuming that you hate yourself: 90+% whole foods. You haven't lived until you've eaten 3350 kcals worth of lean chicken, fish, veggies, berries and potatoes in a day. Helps me keep that inner fat kid in check.
  • mohamedahmed07
    mohamedahmed07 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Your weight gain doesn't have to come from fat...anyways,

Eat 500-600 calories above your maintenance level.
    Consume around 30% of your calories from protein
    Up your fat intake to around 30% because fats help producing the hormones required to get big
    Lift weights or workout at home
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I suggest keeping snackables with you in your pockets and your purse and dip in to them frequently. Hiker's mix is good, and Muscle Milk.
  • alechua
    alechua Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    if you want healthy foods that are dense, try having smoothies and include avocado, seeds, dates, with it.. you'll still be hungry again after few hours because its easily digested and absorbed by the body
  • ejsilvi
    ejsilvi Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    You can go old school n make your own weight gainer shake in a blender - 2 cups milk cup of powder milk add your favorite ice cream half a cup oatmeal 2 tablespoons of honey and peanut butter also add 3 tablespoons of brew's yeast if u want add some yogurt n some ice blend up drink ! 2 to 3 time a days squat deadlift bench n shoulder press do rows n arm work you can use any program u want try 10,8,6,6,4 or 8,6,4,3 that's reps or 5 reps n five sets - eat all good food steaks chicken fish rice potatoes some pasta vegetables eggs cottage cheese.
  • ejsilvi
    ejsilvi Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I also wanted to say that if you don't have a gym u can get a great workout buy lifting what's around you so if live by the woods you can lift rocks trees if you have old tires you can lift bags of feed sand rims off of cars n trucks you can get a Great workout that way n become Very strong lifting like that .
  • Bridogg72
    Bridogg72 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Make your own whey milkshakes