What's your favorite little to no-cook dinner?

Options
abbynormalartist
abbynormalartist Posts: 318 Member
What's your favorite dinner that requires no (or very little) cooking? Mine is what I called a "lazy spanakopita", but it's honestly very far from the real thing. It's spinach (thawed from frozen) mixed with ricotta, feta, garlic, stuffed in a flatbread and dipped in tomato sauce. I usually do toast it in the oven first but have been known to eat it cold.

Replies

• ldwatene
    ldwatene Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Oysters. Yum!

Raw fish (fish, coconut milk, tomato, capsicum, spring onion, lemon juice) Takes some effort but no cooking as such.

Weetbix and milk seems to be a must have dessert at the moment.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Salad with canned tuna, salmon or mackerel.
    Canned black beans and salsa heated for a quick black bean soup. Even better topped with a fried egg.
    Greek yogurt, bran buds, chopped nuts and fruit.
    Sandwich and fruit
  • heavensshadow
    heavensshadow Posts: 264 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Tuna salad, egg sandwiches with tomato and/or avocado, a steamed sweet potato with whatever leftover protein is in the fridge (I live for sweet potatoes - they're super versatile), or carrots and celery with 2 servings of PBFit. I've also been known to keep bagged salad mixes on hand to use for light dinners.
  • abbynormalartist
    abbynormalartist Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    @heavensshadow - thank you for mentioning PBfit! I've been dying with out my usual peanut butter and never knew about this stuff before!
  • thebuz
    thebuz Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    This is a crowd pleaser and so easy to put together. It's a regular item in our meal rotation.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/falafel-with-avocado-spread
  • healthyfitsamantha
    healthyfitsamantha Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Browned ground beef/turkey/chicken, a little tomato sauce, topped with FlavorGod's Italian Zest Seasoning and Cheese Seasoning. (which allows me to have the flavor of cheese without adding a handful of cheese to my meal). Eat that with a side of toast or veggies. Quick, simple, and easy!

Not even joking, my life has changed since I found FlavorGod. If you're interested in trying them out, you can visit them using my link here (https://flavorgod.com/?coupon=SAMANTHA11AN) to save 10%! I hope you enjoy!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Hobo packets - or Boy Scout foil dinners. Place 1 lean seasoned hamburger patty on a large piece of (Pam sprayed) foil - add veggies - sauce/or a couple ice cubes. Fold foil into to packets and fold to seal.

Grill 20 min. (10 each side) or until burgers are done (160°F). Cut slits in foil to release steam before opening packets.

This works with boneless chicken, fish or shrimp. Frozen also veggies work.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Big salad with some kind of leftover meat.

Omelet with lots of vegetables (requires some cooking, but not enough to matter).
  • bobshuckleberry
    bobshuckleberry Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Pot roast made in a crock pot. Put in meat seasonings and whatever veggies you want and go to work. Come home to a full meal.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Theo166 wrote: »
    a freezer/fridge stocked with leftovers.

When I cook, it's normally using an 8 qt pot. Just made chili and put ~20 cups in Tupperware for leftovers.

Smart!
  • mjbnj0001
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Big salad with some kind of leftover meat.

Omelet with lots of vegetables (requires some cooking, but not enough to matter).

fresh new sides (salads, etc.) can make leftover meats/poultry seem "new" again.
  • mjbnj0001
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Hobo packets - or Boy Scout foil dinners. Place 1 lean seasoned hamburger patty on a large piece of (Pam sprayed) foil - add veggies - sauce/or a couple ice cubes. Fold foil into to packets and fold to seal.

Grill 20 min. (10 each side) or until burgers are done (160°F). Cut slits in foil to release steam before opening packets.

This works with boneless chicken, fish or shrimp. Frozen also veggies work.

Yes! Even if you are grilling the same components as separates, putting them in these packets makes them seem as if they're a different meal ...
  • silverlining78
    silverlining78 Posts: 7 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I tried this recipe yesterday. Easy peasy. My toddlers enjoyed it. I used Sweet Baby Ray's Hawaiian Style BBQ sauce.
    x298o6aiaal3.jpg

http://www.momendeavors.com/easyrecipe-print/22534-0/
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Morningstar Farms burger (spicy black bean or Grillers Prime) topped with a slice of cheese and a poached egg. I just nuke the burger while I'm poaching the egg. 5 minutes, tops.
  • gt0186b
    gt0186b Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Easiest is buffalo crockpot chicken. Put 3 or 4 chicken breasts in a crockpot and cover with a bottle of hot sauce. Something like Texas Pete or franks. Come home shred the chicken and you have a good base. Serve plain with blue cheese dressing and celery or make into a sandwich, taco or wrap.