What's your favorite little to no-cook dinner?

Options
2»

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    My absolutely no-effort dinners are some combination of ready-to-eat items like fruit, cheese, deli meat or leftover roasted/grilled meat, canned or leftover cooked beans, raw veggies (such as tomatoes, bell peppers, or cucumbers), hummus or dip, crackers/tortilla chips/good bread, previously hard-boiled eggs, cottage cheese, nuts or nut butter, pickles, olives...

If I'm willing to put in a little effort, veggie and/or grain salads, sandwiches, a little-or=no-thaw veggie or salmon burger from the freezer, pasta with jarred/leftover homemade/minimalist sauce, fried/poached/scrambled eggs or an omelet, canned fish (tuna, sardines, salmon, mackerel, crab, oysters) on crackers or over pasta all take a minimal amount of physical and mental energy to pull together.
  • Hichiko
    Hichiko Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Morningstar Farms burger (spicy black bean or Grillers Prime) topped with a slice of cheese and a poached egg. I just nuke the burger while I'm poaching the egg. 5 minutes, tops.

Ohman, the spicy black bean burgers are the best! I usually do mine with pepper jack and an over easy egg. <3