Healthy dessert/sweet snack alternatives?

Options

Replies

• swirlingmeera
    swirlingmeera Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Freeze a banana, then put it in the blender, it's like a rich creamy ice cream, some times I add a few drops of soya milk to it, it's great as it is, but you can also add sugar free cocoa powder for a choc icecream, or peanut butter, or nuts. When I tried it first I could not believe that most my life I never new frozen bananas could do that and taste like that :p
  • YOLO145
    YOLO145 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    cut up banana, rolled in yogurt and frozen.
  • genevalil
    genevalil Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Skyr is absolutely delicious - it's a low-fat, high protein wonder food from Iceland, that tastes like yoghurt but is actually closer to a soft, creamy cheese. It's extremely healthy - I eat a small carton (just 97 calories) of Vanilla Skyr every day for dessert :)
  • aldree28
    aldree28 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Few sites ive used that have some great recipes. One uses its protien flour, flapjacked.com, then theproteinchef.co, great recipes with cheesecake, donuts, etc.
  • dfwesq
    dfwesq Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Nonfat yogurt with your favorite sweetener and either almond or vanilla extract. Stir it up to mix, and serve with fresh or cooked fruit. It's great with a cup of sliced strawberries.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Latte with unsweetened almond milk, cinnamon, and shaved dark chocolate. Greek yogurt with blackberries or strawberries. Smoothie with frozen berries. Mamey sapote "ice cream" (ice, almond milk, mamey fruit, cinnamon.) Blueberry Granola. Homemade oatmeal banana bars with dates and chocolate chips. Fresh fruit. Halo top.
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I'm a be honest...I've tried some alternatives and the thing is if I really just want a certain food item I just want a certain food item. I don't want the thing that tastes like it, sorta resembles it, or is kind of similar.

For a while, I was having dessert everyday, but I cut back just because I'm cutting back on sugar. No other reason really. I still have dessert a couple times a week. Had ice cream today. Still losing the weight. . .
  • blackcars7411
    blackcars7411 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I like plain or vanilla yogurt with 1 crushed Graham cracker, 1 teaspoon of honey & 1 tablespoon peanut butter. Melt the peanut butter first before puting in yogurt. So good
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Nobody's mentioned sugar-free gum? I don't know that I'd count it as a dessert, but it's great for "I know I'm not ACTUALLY hungry but I really want something to munch on" for me.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    Options
    Halo Top.

I see Americans rave about Halo Top all the time. I wish I was able to buy some where I live.

For me I've started making jello a lot. I have half a cup of it with whipped cream.
    Right?

I like to mix a package of sugar free jello with fat free sugar free vanilla Greek yogurt (I replace 1 cup of water-the cold edition- with 1 cup of the yogurt) and let it set. Delicious.

Color me intrigued @cerise_noir. Are you using the small 0.30 oz (8.5g) boxes or the large 0.6 oz (17g) boxes? And how many grams of yogurt are you using with it? I've got some old boxes of Jell-O in my cabinet that I either need to use, give away or throw away and I wouldn't mind giving that combo a shot.
  • luvluv1234
    luvluv1234 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Fiber one brownies, 90 calories. A hershey bar with almonds is only 210. Weight watcher chocolate snacks are 70 and 80. You can buy them on the weight watcher site or amazon.
  • Jriggs46615
    Jriggs46615 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    annacole94 wrote: »
    Dark chocolate (in small amounts)
    Protein bars - I like the Kirkland ones that come in Brownie and Cookie Dough.
    Popsicles or other small serving ice cream bars - often around 100 cal portions
    If you're American, they rave about Halo Top ice cream.
    Fruit. ;)

I would add that the Fiber One Double Chocolate Almond bars would work, as well, and they have a good bit of fiber in them to boost that macro.
  • rednote49
    rednote49 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    FYI umm if you eat waaaay too much jello it turns your pee rainbow colored for days. Yeah umm don't ask me how I know but safe too say it was an interesting visit to the emergency room
  • nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Been eating a lot of raw mini bell peppers recently, they're delicious, crunchy and have the perfect sweetness and very low cal, such an underrated snack
  • Jriggs46615
    Options
    creamys wrote: »
    - M&M ice cream sandwiches are 250 calories
    - Klondike has 210 calorie ice cream oreo sandwiches
    - Skinny cow ice cream products
    - Yasso ice cream bars
    - Halo top
    - Nice cream
    - Bananas (warm bananas w/ pb2 is a favorite)
    - Fruit (banana, strawberries, etc) dipped in chocolate or pb2
    - Oatmeal with frozen blueberries made with cashew milk (peanut butter is a nice topping, too)
    - Crepes are easily low calorie and there's lots of options. Strawberry crepes, banana crepes, peanut butter ones, etc.
    - Light swiss miss
    - Quest bars can be cut and baked into cookies
    - Snickers has 90 calorie ice cream bars
    - Popsicles have lots of low cal options. Especially the fruit ones, like mango or lime.
    - Greek yogurt (toasted marshmallow and strawberry cheesecake are my favorite flavors. There are 80 calorie ones that I also mix with oreo crumbles, cut up jello, pb2, etc.)

Edit: Gevalia has the mocha latte product (80) that's rich and satisfying for a sweet tooth.

lol Sweet tooth much?

I'm intrigued by the Quest bars into cookies idea. I've seen people suggesting warming them up. I may have to try your version.
  • Jriggs46615
    Options
    genevalil wrote: »
    Skyr is absolutely delicious - it's a low-fat, high protein wonder food from Iceland, that tastes like yoghurt but is actually closer to a soft, creamy cheese. It's extremely healthy - I eat a small carton (just 97 calories) of Vanilla Skyr every day for dessert :)

I must be missing something. I bought some recently, and I found it to be awful. I couldn't get past the first couple spoons, and I ended up throwing it out. I still have a container in the fridge that I'll never eat. I'd throw it out, but it's not cheap, and I feel guilty for wasting the money.
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Tall or Grande mocha frappucino light at Starbucks (grande is 130 cals)
  • princess0lexi
    princess0lexi Posts: 3,938 Member
    Options
    sugar free mints or gum or fiber one brownie only 90 calories and is a little healthier
  • Muana1005
    Muana1005 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Depends how often you crave it. If you're the type who can stop after a cookie, then have the ones you love. I've banned nothing - if I want an oreo or ice cream I'll have it, but I have self-control.