Healthy dessert/sweet snack alternatives?

Options
124»

Replies

• tamekahend
    tamekahend Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Nestle mini drumsticks 110 cal
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Protein fluff: half a scoop of protein powder, about 150 grams of milk or any liquid of your choice (even diet soda works), 2-4 grams xanthan gum, your choice of artificial sweetener, any flavorings, syrups..etc you like. Beat everything in a mixer for 5 or so minutes on high and you will have a HUGE serving of fluff about 2 1/2 - 3 cups worth for not too many calories.

Just make sure not to eat it right before a meal because you are essentially eating a lot of flavored air which could ruin your appetite for food, it's great for "hungry days" though.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Halo Top.

I see Americans rave about Halo Top all the time. I wish I was able to buy some where I live.

For me I've started making jello a lot. I have half a cup of it with whipped cream.
    Right?

I like to mix a package of sugar free jello with fat free sugar free vanilla Greek yogurt (I replace 1 cup of water-the cold edition- with 1 cup of the yogurt) and let it set. Delicious.

Color me intrigued @cerise_noir. Are you using the small 0.30 oz (8.5g) boxes or the large 0.6 oz (17g) boxes? And how many grams of yogurt are you using with it? I've got some old boxes of Jell-O in my cabinet that I either need to use, give away or throw away and I wouldn't mind giving that combo a shot.
    Yes, just the small package of sugar free jello. As for the yogurt, it varies in weight depending on which brand is used, but it's in the ballpark of 280-300g. I basically replace the cold water with the yogurt (dilute jello in boiling water) then combine and refrigerate. I'd love to try with skyr, but have trouble locating it in Quebec.

@Wynterbourne :)
  • Fitjournal777
    Fitjournal777 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    fresh medjool dates.... roll them in cocoa powder and you've got delicious chocolate truffles... all while getting fresh fruit and minerals/vitamins
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    fresh medjool dates.... roll them in cocoa powder and you've got delicious chocolate truffles... all while getting fresh fruit and minerals/vitamins

I'm jealous of people who can eat just one or two dates. At 70-100 calories each, my happy serving (not even my indulgent serving) really breaks my calorie bank... I usually save dates for maintenance days, no other way around that.
  • vernacia
    vernacia Posts: 4 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    It might sound weird, but I really like the frozen bananas from Disneyland so I tried this and love it..

Chop one banana into small slices and put in your freezer for about an hour.
    Then I add PB2 since it has less calories than regular peanut butter and place it back into the freezer for about 10 minutes.

Once I take them out I eat them and they taste like banana ice cream with the protein of peanut butter.

* I am sure it would work with other fruit.

You can also freeze bananas, like 3 of them or more and put them in a blender with nuts, almond milk, or a little cocao powder and make a mock ice cream that most vegans call "Nice Cream." Then I add walnuts to the top and BAM. Best dessert ever.
  • vernacia
    Options
    It might sound weird, but I really like the frozen bananas from Disneyland so I tried this and love it..

Chop one banana into small slices and put in your freezer for about an hour.
    Then I add PB2 since it has less calories than regular peanut butter and place it back into the freezer for about 10 minutes.

Once I take them out I eat them and they taste like banana ice cream.

* I am sure it would work with other fruit.

You can also freeze bananas, like 3 of them or more and put them in a blender with nuts, almond milk, or a little cocao powder and make a mock ice cream that most vegans call "Nice Cream." Then I add walnuts to the top and BAM. Best dessert ever.
  • vernacia
    Options
    I also chop an apple, heat in the microwave for about 45 seconds then add cinnamon. Tastes just like apple pie.
  • Aarjono
    Aarjono Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I just put a bunch of frozen chopped watermelon (~400g) in my ninja with a small container of dannon light and fit fat free coconut greek yogurt. it was amazing. watermelon froyo. 4 servings @ 50 cal each.
  • mortuseon_
    mortuseon_ Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Banana blended with frozen fruit (usually berries) and a bit of almond milk.

Iced coffee! Almond milk makes it even less calorific. Make the concentrated stuff in an Aeropress and it's really rich, you don't need much if any sugar.