Any ladies around 5'4 and start at 260?

Options

Replies

• BusiTeach
    BusiTeach Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    5'4", started at 263

This past January I decided that this was going to be my year to become healthy. I have dieted off and on throughout my adult life. This time I was mentally ready. Today, I'm at 217 with a lot more to go, but I'm proud of the work I've done to get to this point. I feel so much better physically and mentally.

I log my meals in MFP and try not to eat all the calories allotted. My goal is 1-2 pounds per week. I try to stay away from sugar and processed foods and eat natural. I read labels and make a conscious decision on what to eat. I do allow myself a craving but I compensate for it.

I joined a fitness and began working out 4-5 times a week. At first it was difficult, but now I look forward to my time at the gym. I also have a Fitbit and try to log at least 10,000 steps each day.

I only weight every one/two weeks. I've decided the scale is not going to discourage me.

I've been encouraged by reading all these posts.
  • bikecheryl
    bikecheryl Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Hi... I'm 58... started at 288 in April and am currently 251. My ultimate goal is 160.
    I echo the person who said plan, plan, plan.

Once you get used to the planning though, it gets easier and easier.
    If I want a low cal beer or an ice cream on a hot day, I work it into my day.

I have osteoarthritis in both knees and have had to come up with alternative ways to exercise as walking is pretty much a big no. I'm scheduled for a total knee replacement in the new year. (added incentive to lose the weight)

So I bought a DeskCycle to fit under my desk at work.
    I bring my mountain bike to work and go for a ride at lunch when the weather is good.
    I get my kayak out whenever possible, although getting in and out can get tricky..... lol. :)
    I bought resistance bands and do 3 - 30 minute workouts a week.

For ME, it is a total mind game. Luckily I'm really competitive and am determined to win! ;)
  • Valerie320
    Valerie320 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I turned 45 at the end of June and decided to change my life, because I want to be healthier. I'm 5'3" and started at 243 on 7/3. So I have only been at this a week its just so hard to stay motivated long term. I was down 5lbs first week by counting calories. weighed this morning and had gained 2 back I know its nothing and just water or whatever but every time I see the scale go up instead of down its daunting. Want to lose down to around 150. and I know this will take time, just have to stay focused.
  • BecomingCara
    BecomingCara Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and started at 278 in January. I am down 12 pounds. Lost 2 pounds in the last few weeks due to my trainer's advice that I was eating too few calories, lol. Who would have thought? I am now eating 2400-2600 and doing weight training (free weights and resistance) and cardio 4 times a week. Never would have thought it would work but so far, so good. My goal is to be below 200 at least!
  • BecomingCara
    BecomingCara Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello , I see where your starting from and I am just starting my journey. In 5'2 and at 213 pounds and haven't been able to kick the weight off since I had my kids. It seems like I just getting more harder to loose. I made my dession to go vegan , because everything else wasn't really helping. I have some health issues and want to be around for my kids d family. I hope you get to your goal . I want get down to 150. Best of wishes to you.

Good luck to you on the vegan diet! I have just starting eating more plant-based meals and want to eventually be completely vegan.
  • SaraydaB
    SaraydaB Posts: 120 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Started at 204 5'6
    Now 190 ans 40 more to lose at least
    Feel free to add me

And I keep motivated watching youtube videos of weight loss people who have kept the weigjt off and some what I eat in a day videos for inspiration. Also mi IG ia full of fitness/weightloss accounts
  • NessaR2011
    NessaR2011 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Trying t add people from this thread and having issues!!
  • TheJourneyToFabulous
    TheJourneyToFabulous Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 but started a bit higher 290 currently 248
  • JLynRN
    JLynRN Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" starting at 280ish... add me
  • awells5187
    awells5187 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3", I started my journey February 9th at 252#.
  • bailey2208
    bailey2208 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and I started back in March at 280 lbs. I am currently at 233 lbs. I think what's helped me most is planning my meals and daily logging.
  • evonatron
    evonatron Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi folks, I am currently weighing in at 259lb and 5ft 5 - I did manage to lose 2 stone around 3 years ago through clean eating and the gym 4 mornings a week. I lasted around 3-4 months and could not maintain the gym and getting up early! I think it was more All or Nothing with me at the time. I did Slimming World the beginning of this year and lost close to 20lbs but faltered again.

This time I am going to try and take it slower, no gimmicks or unrealistic exercising - just taking my time!
  • CookiesAllowed
    CookiesAllowed Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This is a good post, truly helps one not to feel alone with their struggles..my plan is to set very small goals like 10 lbs at a time and then a non-food reward...feel free to add me
  • kyubeans
    kyubeans Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 5'4" and started at 240. I'm currently at 222.5 and I can't wait to see a 219 on the scale!

I've tried multiple weight loss attempts before, and what always goes wrong is I try to do too much too soon and get burnt out. Weight Watchers had too many rules for me -- led to mental fatigue and binging. I also tried going to the gym everyday, and that burnt me out too. I ended up injured for a month, which knocked me back into my old habits.

This time, I'm going by only a few rules because for me, complication and overthinking are the enemies. Rule 1: Don't make changes you don't plan to do forever. Rule 2: Indulgences must be planned in advance.

Because of Rule 1, I'm doing CICO (which makes the most sense and is the simplest thing) and I'm doing low carb/no sugar because I've been on blood glucose medications for about two years and don't want to venture into diabetes land. Since starting 43 days ago, I've been able to kick the medication aside! But my doctor still wants to monitor my blood sugar, so I'll have another test in 6 months. This is giving me the motivation to continue to be low carb/no sugar so I can see positive progress in the doctor's office and stay off the meds. Also because of Rule 1, I decided not to do GYM ALL DAY EVERYDAY! It's not sustainable for me, at least not the person I am right now. So I bought a Fitbit instead, which does motivate me to be slightly more active, and I'm setting small goals for myself.

Rule 2 allows me to not feel deprived. If I know a birthday celebration is coming, or we're going to a state fair or something, I'll be extra vigilant about no sugar/low carb in the days leading up because I know I'm about to have a big slice of cake or a deep fried corndog. It also helps me to avoid office snacks and random temptations because I know I'd rather have the Big Thing I'm Planning For rather than those wasteful calories.

Feel free to friend me!
  • Mizzy58
    Mizzy58 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I've been yo yoing the same 5 pounds for about 6 months now. I'm at 260 also and 5'4". And I'm 64 years young. So it's even harder to get off.
  • rednote49
    rednote49 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Clairzi23 wrote: »
    I am 5'3 and 215. This is day two for me. I am looking for people who want to be a part of my village because the one I am actually a part of simply isn't working. Haha.

I am 5"4 and 198. Day 2 for me as well!!

I'm 5'4" and 190. It's day 64 for me
  • EllieWray1111
    EllieWray1111 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and started at 345. I just "started again" on June 4th at 279. I'm 272 at the moment :D Right there with ya, girl. Also looking for motivation buddies if anyone is interested!
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    mamadon wrote: »
    I'm 5'4 and started at 268 pounds. I've been maintaining for over three years at 150 pounds.
    1. Losing weight is as much a mental challenge as it is a physical. Don't let frustration, hunger or self guilt trips give you an excuse to give up.
    2. Losing weight is just simple math. Eat less calories than you burn and you will lose weight. There's a saying that weight loss happens in the kitchen and a toned strong body happens in the gym.
    3. Weight loss isn't linear. Some weeks you lose and some you don't.
    4. Buy a food scale and weigh your food.
    5. Don't be in a hurry. When you have a lot to lose, it takes time.

Awesome tips!! Congrats on maintaining!!! :)

Thanks! Although I just saw that someone flagged my comment as "woo" lol. Weird, but whatever.
  • FrancineJM61
    FrancineJM61 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Good morning I started last week. I was 236 now 235 so I did lose a pound. I find if I set smaller goals for myself instead of going' oh I got to se a 100 pounds." I say" I got to lose 5 pounds. Looking at the hundred pounds sounds so defeating. 12years ago I weighed 285 pounds was down to 220 but put some on. Working right now to get to 230.Baby steps for me. Good luck all.