Any ladies around 5'4 and start at 260?

Options
I'm restarting for the millionth time.....
I need to lose some serious weight. Any pointers would be great. Mostly just wanting to count calories.
TIA

Replies

• twinlyblessed10
    twinlyblessed10 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm 5'6" and started at 270. I am currently down 55 lbs and have been losing about 1-2 lbs/week. I still have a lot of weight to lose, but I am comfortable with my progress. I am crediting my success so far to:
    1. Plan, plan, plan. I plan all my meals for the week so that I can prep everything on the weekend and not have to worry about how many calories everything is during the week when my mind is busy with other things. I also know how have alloted to certain meals, so if I need to go out to eat unexpectidely I have a better idea of the range I need to stay in to not mess up the rest of my day.
    2. Set small goals. I have set about 45 mini goals from my goal weight to my final weight. Looking at the big picture can be overwhelming, but just trying to get through 5lbs in 3 weeks seems easier.
    3. Just moving. I don't always work out everyday, but I always make an effort to move more. I started with just trying to get 5000 steps in a day. I have gradually increased that and find that now I even look forward to long walks in the evening.
    I hope these help. The best of luck to you!

That's awesome! How long has it taken you to lose the weight?
  • siyana1985
    siyana1985 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and started at 265- lost 27lbs in 3 months so roughly 2lbs a week. i bought a small scale for grams and yes the thing is a pain in the butt but it helps in counting calories properly i also try to not add my walks or only half of the time i do
  • TorStar80
    TorStar80 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Such inspirational successes! 44 years old and struggled with weight all my life. I just want to get healthier. My goal is to get to 150 and I'm 260. I stress that it an unrealistic goal!!!!! Thank you again for inspiring me

Not unrealistic at all :) I'm sure you'll find along the way that you change your goals a little as you start to make progress, good luck to you - and OP!!
  • stelafaro
    stelafaro Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and weighed in at 279 lbs. I am determined to lose 100 lbs. - my goal is 3-5 lbs a week. I started in June walking an hour a day, didn't change my diet, lost no lbs. Saturday, I signed up for a weight management program, includes B12 shot weekly and appetite suppressant Phentermine (15mg) . This week I have continued my walking and is trying to stay under 1200 calories a day.
  • YOLO145
    YOLO145 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    5'4 252lb starting weight...80 days of logging into MFP, I'm down 20! @mamadon after 3 years, do you still use MFP daily? Congrats!
  • FrancineJM61
    FrancineJM61 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    hello, I too have started many times. I'm 5'3" and weigh 236 pounds. I go to weigh watchers but list my food here so i can see how many calories I'm eating. I'm trying to stay around 1200 calories. I'm shooting to lose a pound to 2 pounds a week. I moved to Myrtle Beach from Massachusetts tying to find things to do. I went home to visit and put a post on Facebook about being home visiting family and friends. A classmate asked when I was coming home again to get together. I have a goal to lose about 25 pounds before I go back. Maybe we can all work together to reach our goals.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    I was about that weight. I stopped weighing myself because I was so upset at what I'd let happen to myself. I'd already lost some weight when I started weighing at 240. Lost ~120 pounds.
  • terrigarzamakowski
    terrigarzamakowski Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 and 215. This is day two for me. I am looking for people who want to be a part of my village because the one I am actually a part of simply isn't working. Haha.
  • twinlyblessed10
    twinlyblessed10 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the inspiring comments! I must do this for me and my girls.
  • fatvegan88
    fatvegan88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Not exactly but I'm 5'6 and 226 now I have only
    Lost like1.6 lbs so far. Keep going, it's better than not trying at all.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    YOLO145 wrote: »
    5'4 252lb starting weight...80 days of logging into MFP, I'm down 20! @mamadon after 3 years, do you still use MFP daily? Congrats!

I do still use it every day. 1600 and something days. Accountability is key for me. Thank you!