Anne Hathaway, Asin (Indian actress) et al...

Options
How come at 5'6", they have smoking hot bodies at mere 123 pounds?

Isn't 5'6" better off with around 150 lbs?

-- Just curious. How is it possible not to look sickly at 123 lbs for these celebrities?

Replies

• jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Huh? both are healthy weights for that height... although 150 is close to being a bit "overweight". However, it really all depends on how that weight is distributed and how much is lean muscle. Two people of identical height and the same weight can look completely different.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    123 at 5'6 isn't even underweight.
  • Alisonswim46
    Alisonswim46 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Meh. I'm 150 and I'm not overweight in the slightest.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Yeah, and my sister is almost 5'6" and weighs about 116. It just depends on your body type. I am shorter, weigh more, but we wear almost the same size clothes, sometimes I wear smaller.
  • Hoshiko
    Hoshiko Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Reported weights for celebrities are often way, way off. They're people just like you and me, and their weight can fluctuate all the time (particularly for roles).
  • jayashreeravi1
    jayashreeravi1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering because this is an old picture of me looking perfectly fit at 150 and I am 5'6" tall. Then I had a big bout of illness / diarrhea and lost 20 lbs (that time) and when I became 130 lbs, I looked anorexic and everyone started fearing for my well-being.

l3dhhit9q15z.png
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Cause exercise.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    I was just wondering because this is an old picture of me looking perfectly fit at 150 and I am 5'6" tall. Then I had a big bout of illness / diarrhea and lost 20 lbs (that time) and when I became 130 lbs, I looked anorexic and everyone started fearing for my well-being.

Losing weight due to extreme sickness, and losing weight due to eating calorie appropriate foods and exercising while being attended to by a staff of experts, is going to result in very different looks. Unless Ann Hathaway and Asin achieved their weight by getting sick there is really no reason to compare.

Exactly. My current measurements correlate to when I was 10lbs lighter a couple of years ago simply because I'm working out in a different way right now.

You can't just look at an actor or some random person on the street and assume to know what's going on with their weight because we all carry it differently. And even within a single person how you exercise can change how you carry your weight.

And for SURE, losing weight due to illness will look much different from losing weight (or fat) due to fitness.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    150 at 5"6 is not close to being overweight
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    whitpauly wrote: »

Technically, it's 5 pounds away. Realistically, there is a lot more to it than a BMI chart.

I'm "overweight" at 220 and 6'1
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options

I'd tend to disagree, but this is where individual build and cost/benefit analysis come in. I'm 5'4 and 1/2" and when I got up to 145 i felt like a beached whale. My quality of life improved dramatically from losing 15 lbs.
    Unless one is muscular, the medical community would consider 150 at 5'6" close to overweight.
  • whitpauly
    Options
    jseams1234 wrote: »

Technically, it's 5 pounds away. Realistically, there is a lot more to it than a BMI chart.

I'm "overweight" at 220 and 6'1

I hadn't realized it was that close to being overweight, I've always hovered between 150-160 but I didn't feel/look very big,what a drag! Wish I was taller.
  • Alisonswim46
    Options

I'd tend to disagree, but this is where individual build and cost/benefit analysis come in. I'm 5'4 and 1/2" and when I got up to 145 i felt like a beached whale. My quality of life improved dramatically from losing 15 lbs.
    Unless one is muscular, the medical community would consider 150 at 5'6" close to overweight.
    I have NEVER been told I was overweight by my doctors.
  • whitpauly
    Options
    Joenali wrote: »

Me neither thats why I was surprised to read that but after I googled found out it is true
  • Alisonswim46
    Options
    Joenali wrote: »

Me neither thats why I was surprised to read that but after I googled found out it is true
    As measure by body mass index? If so, that measurement does not take into consideration the persons physique or lean body mass. Some pro athletes could be considered obese. Not a good measurement or use for anyone.