I really dislike eggs. Any good breakfast suggestions?

Options
2»

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Greek yogurt parfait with Fiber One or Kashi GoLean cereal. Use 2% yogurt or add nuts if you want some fat with that.
    Re: Oikos Triple Zero^.....chicory root (ugh!).

Crockpot oatmeal (several servings) made with milk for added protein. I store in the fridge, add fruit and reheat.
  • andreajean2014
    andreajean2014 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My go-to's are oatmeal, toast with some sort of nut butter and fruit (usually a banana), soup, smoothie (watch those calories and sugar, though) or last night's leftovers. :) Eggs are nice sometimes, but I get sick of them easily. You're best bet is to eat something high in fiber and protein to keep you full until lunch or a mid-morning snack. It doesn't have to be a stereotypical "breakfast" food, just whatever you like and works for you :)
  • thewindandthework
    thewindandthework Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I make a breakfast casserole on the weekend and heat up a serving at a time during the week. Mine is eggy, but you could easily make something else. One with potato, veg, and cheese would be fantastic.

Toast is wonderful and can be topped in countless ways. Nut butter? Avocado? Preserves? Banana? Honey? Cinnamon? Cheese?

Speaking of cheese, there is no better breakfast than cheese grits, unless perhaps it's biscuits and gravy. My southern roots are showing now.
  • mikahdabbs
    mikahdabbs Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    So many good ideas! Thank you everyone!
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    TorStar80 wrote: »
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    pancakes
    bacon
    yogurt
    granola
    cereal
    savory steel cut oats or sweet steel cut oats
    fruit
    any meat except egg
    any grain

Savoury Oats you say?? I'm intrigued. What does that consist of??

or Grits.... so good.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    TorStar80 wrote: »
    pancakes
    bacon
    yogurt
    granola
    cereal
    savory steel cut oats or sweet steel cut oats
    fruit
    any meat except egg
    any grain

Savoury Oats you say?? I'm intrigued. What does that consist of??

Whatever you want? I like mine with red cabbage, scallions, salt, and hard boiled egg. But you cold use bacon or chicken or whatever. Steel cut though...not rolled. I've actually only done it once. I can't eat oats or too many grains. But it's delicious.

I like to top my steel cut oats with some grated parm and a poached egg. Super filling and super yum.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Pretty much anything... This morning was cottage cheese and turkey sausage. It is also good with shredded potatoes. Oatmeal with powderedpeanut butter and sugar free maple syrup, shrimp and grits, sausage cheese and grits, protein pancakes, protein cheesecake, shredded potatoes with meat of your choice and cheese, breakfast tacos, Greek yogurt with berries and maybe some powdered peanut butter, anything that fits into your calorie budget.
  • drea1134973
    drea1134973 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Banana and peanut butter smoothie! It's filling and you can take it on the go.
    2 large bananas
    4-6 tbs of natural peanut butter
    Rolled oats (optional)
    Favorite protein (opitional)
    a little bit of milk depending on consistency
    Ice if bananas are not frozen
    Taste great goodluck!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I make homemade granola and eat it with yogurt. I hate eggs, too.
  • thewindandthework
    thewindandthework Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Also, for the first 5 months of my weight loss, my breakfast every day was Siggi's nonfat vanilla skyr yogurt and some Kashi blueberry cereal mixed in. Delicious, but I decided I could spend less and get a hot breakfast if I went a different direction.
  • sophie9492015
    sophie9492015 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Ham and avocado toasted sandwich or something similar. Or Avocado or tomato on toast.
  • asianolikeyou
    asianolikeyou Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats. You can play around with the proportions to suit your tastes, but I make it: 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats, and 3/4 cup water. Some things I like to add include flax seeds, chia seeds, blueberry, honey, ground cinnamon, and sliced strawberries.
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    During the workweek, almost every day I have a whole wheat Mission low carb wrap with two tablespoons of garlic hummus, a generous handful of baby spinach, a quarter of an avocado, and a serving (half a cup) of Perdue short cuts chicken (I nuke it for a minute before I toss it on). I get the short cuts when they're on sale and buy a bunch.
  • Witchdoctor58
    Witchdoctor58 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Beans, any whole grain, salsa and guacamole mix. Yum! Balance of slow carbs, protein and healthy fats satisfies hunger to tide you over until next meal.
  • rob0781
    rob0781 Posts: 16 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Search "over night oats" you will never eat oatmeal hot again I use steel cut oats and lately I add a scoop of vanilla protein powder 1 tbsp of chia or flax(depends what I have) strawberries or blueberries 1 tbsp of cocoa and I also use unsweetened vanilla almond or cashew milk the end result tastes like macaroons with fruit in it, its like desert for breakfast and its under 400 calories keeps me full for a long time. There are many different things you can add depends what you like and how many calories you wanna consume for breakfast. I went from never eating breakfast to looking forward to it.
  • bruby28
    bruby28 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal , Greek yogurt and fruit , any veggies mixed with leftover meat you have on hand , wheat bred with cottage cheese and avocado
  • ciclamino1
    ciclamino1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You can make an overnight oat bowl with with oatmeal, dried/fresh fruit, protein powder, Greek yogurt, coconut chips/flakes and add a couple of chocolate chips for sweetness
  • ROOPAVEE
    ROOPAVEE Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    mikahdabbs wrote: »
    Any egg free breakfast ideas out there?!? Help!

Overnight oats. I love them and they are super easy.
    1/4 cup oats
    1/2 cut nut milk.
    Cinnamon powder.
    Chia seeds
    Maple syrup for sweetening.

Mix all the above in a mason jar and rest it in the fridge overnight.
    Next morning eat with your favorite fruit and a handful of nuts.