Visual body fat check please.

Options
Medical weighing machine says 16.5%, but I know these can be inaccurate and I am biased myself. What do you guys think my current bf% is?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You need to post a picture...
  • CLBalderston
    CLBalderston Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    12-15
  • David_Marquiss
    David_Marquiss Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Id say 10-12 good work man!!!
  • Causalien
    Causalien Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Got fat thighs. Could be why the machine is off. I need to stop my keto diet now.
  • giburns5388
    giburns5388 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Causalien wrote: »
    Thanks. Got fat thighs. Could be why the machine is off. I need to stop my keto diet now.

If you have fat thighs the machine is probably right.
  • BeccaLoves2lift
    BeccaLoves2lift Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    14-15 ?
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options

Are you stopping keto because you think fat is making your thighs fat? Because it doesn't.

But disregard if that's not the reason!
  • Causalien
    Options
    I

Are you stopping keto because you think fat is making your thighs fat? Because it doesn't.

Just stopping because I have reached my goal body fat, not sure if it is healthy to go lower.

Fat thighs, not much I can do about it. My butt fat is disappearing before my thigh fat. Damn genes.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I

Just stopping because I have reached my goal body fat, not sure if it is healthy to go lower.

Fat thighs, not much I can do about it. My butt fat is disappearing before my thigh fat. Damn genes.

You can get to and stay in the 7-8+% range with no negative effects on health. It's when people cut amd stay below this that things will start to exponentially tilt in a bad direction, hormonally and systemically.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    14-16%ish because of said fat thighs. That's a pretty big area.
  • ManBehindTheMask
    ManBehindTheMask Posts: 615 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    OP, if you posted pictures of your front, back, and a side profile, including your legs, youd get far better guestimates
  • Causalien
    Options
    K. Will work on those pics. Still trying to figure out how this forum work.

Thanks Gallowmere. Will keep that in mind. Again, I want to evaluate the health effect on me for now and check if there are other options than keto to get there. Some days, I really don't feel good.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    K. Will work on those pics. Still trying to figure out how this forum work.

Thanks Gallowmere. Will keep that in mind. Again, I want to evaluate the health effect on me for now and check if there are other options than keto to get there. Some days, I really don't feel good.

Everyone has days where they just feel like hell, regardless of body composition. It's when it's chronic that you need to worry. You can read plenty of fun stories in bodybuilding contest prep of you really want to know when you might be getting a bit too low to hold.

Hint number one: the soldier stops snapping to.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Keto as in just keto or a protocol like RFL/PSMF? The latter is brutal no matter which way you shake it. The former isn't necessary to cut if you're doing it the "long" way..
  • PokernuttAR
    PokernuttAR Posts: 74 Member
    Options

If you think you have "fat thighs", why does it matter what your bf% is right now? It sounds like you feel you need to lose more fat. If I said you look like 10%, would you stop watching your nutrition?...If I said you look like 20%, would you watch your nutrition more carefully? You still look the same no matter what we say.

My gut feeling is that you want to stop dieting so you purposely have not added a picture that shows your thighs, and this way we would say your % is lower than it probably is. I say this cause I do the same thing, except its my core. lol. Good luck bro, I know how hard it is. :)
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,979 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Based on your profile pic, I'd guess somewhere between 10-15% but closer to 15 than 10.

But, if you really want to know, get a DXA scan or hydrostatic test done. Don't rely on pics or the opinions of strangers.
  • last1youlove
    last1youlove Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    10 / 12
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,547 Member
    Options
    It seems to be about right. Small amount of vascularity and light definition in the shoulders, so I would have guessed 15%-16% based on just pic alone.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Causalien
    Options
    I remade a proper post here with all relevant information.: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10592479/visual-body-fat-check-contd#latest