Visual body fat check contd

Options
Previous thread here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10586748/visual-body-fat-check-please#latest

Hi everyone,

Got sick and took some time to find a computer so I can upload pictures. I am doing this properly this time with all relevant information. Asking a visual evaluation of body fat. The reason why I am doing this is to determine if I've reached the goal of cutting and whether or not to switch into lean bulking. Since back then, I've gotten sick, worked hard at cutting and now reached 155lb (should be 15% body fat by calculation). I was gyrating between the plateau of 161 and 157 for the longest time on my previous keto diet.

I waited after 2 resting days to take the pictures so I don't have the after workout pump.

So Front relaxed:
prpaauz81bqm.jpg

Front Flexed:
5ro7uv9ztton.jpg

Side relaxed:
mlperhcs7vkd.jpg

Side Flexed:
x7ri4l8ij6qx.jpg

Back Relaxed:
zkh56i14pkux.png

Thigh Relaxed:
x0yd4ijlyoet.jpg

Thigh Flexed:
z5s4mput4lkd.jpg

Amount of fat I can grab from thigh:
o9xx8xk8hk33.jpg

My diet was a weekly keto cycle where I load up on carb on Sundays. Workout is 6 days per week 1.5 hours per day depending on how lethargic I felt. Routine is Push Pull Leg, Push Pull Leg. I've probably run into 3 times in this cut where my body weight just plateaus. I think it was one of those time where the fat was replaced by water and nothing is triggering the body to get out of hunger mode and flush the water. The final plateau experienced this past two month starting on July 3rd was the longest one.

iay3tjfbg9i6.png

What finally did it for me was switching to daily keto cycle where I would carb up with something that has 30g of carbs. So this worked and trigger the body to switch out of hunger mode and I remember a night where I basically had to wake up every 2 hours to piss.

So now I am carefully watching my weight so I don't lose more and refeeding more than usual. If I remember correctly these water purges seem to drop my way by a lot.

Replies

• jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    ... man, I wish a "pump" would last 2 days for me. ;)

I'd say 12-15%... but who knows. Any test you take at your BF% and any visual guestimate may be off by a couple or more percent. I'd say you are lean enough to start a bulk.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    16% or a touch higher.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,547 Member
    Options
    I'd say 17%. You don't have a lot of definition or separation and you see more of that sub 15%.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I would guess in the 13-14% range... my abs don't start to show until I get to 12% range, though I carry my fat around the abdomen, OP appears to store more on the lower body.
  • Causalien
    Causalien Posts: 18 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Looks like I have much more to go.

It also tells me that my digital scale is pretty accurate in measuring my body fat.