Do you include/count calories from fruits &a veggies?

alexiam1493
alexiam1493 Posts: 2 Member
edited September 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey all I am trying to lose weight. I was part of weight watchers, which was working, but then I fell off the wagon and I'm trying the calorie counting approach. In weight watchers I was allowed to eat as many fruits & veggies and they were "0 points" so I'm wondering, how important is it to count fruits and veggie calories in this method (My fitness pal)?
Thanks!

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    jemhh wrote: »
    Hey all I am trying to lose weight. I was part of weight watchers, which was working, but then I fell off the wagon and I'm trying the calorie counting approach. In weight watchers I was allowed to eat as many fruits & veggies and they were "0 points" so I'm wondering, how important is it to count fruits and veggie calories in this method (My fitness pal)?
    Thanks!

Your WW goal was set with the idea that you would be eating a certain amount of calories in veg/fruit. Your MFP goal is not, so you need to eat them.

This^

WW starts at a lower calorie value, MFP does not. If you don't include fruits & veggies on MFP you are going to be eating more than you think you are.